Thứ Hai, 4 tháng 12, 2017

Waching daily Dec 4 2017

Hugo: She has a lot of cutoffs and a lot of space in between notes often

Hugo: In a more talking kind of style

Hugo: So when she makes a more legato line, I like it a lot cuz it... Jeremy: Yeah, I like it too

Hugo: makes a differentiation

Umu: yyaaaAAAAS GURL okay

Kevin: It's over, man

U: So Lee Hi is a solo artist from the same company as AKMU and Blackpink and Big Bang and 2NE1

U: Anyway, so, the first song you'll be reacting to is one from her first full album and you'll see a stuffed bear in the music video

U: And it's name is Krunk and it's the YG company mascot

Emiel: Dope

Henry: finna. get. K R U N K

{katie's jacket is so cute omg}

Jarod: Tritone!

Lindsey: WwooOooAHHHWHAT Fiona: Scat scatscatscat

Lindsey: This is... like..

Lindsey: I like her vocals already and she hasn't even said a real word yet

Kevin: oH but it doesn't resolve. It goes on V instead

Kevin: So yeah it is jazz {ya like jazz}

both: Over... Jarod: See, but, it's over, but with the tritone, it raises a question

Jarod: You know, the music, like invokes "is it really over?" K: gotcha

Peyton: Oh boy, she's actually got a cliche bassline going in the back

Emiel: This is a blues form Henry: Hey, it's a blues! Emiel: Are you kidding me?

Melissa: Yeah, that bassline is so jazzy, but the melody's not jazzy anymore

Lindsey: This is literally a blues progression

Emiel: This is out

Henry: DAMN

Fiona: And vocally she can do whatever she wants

Fiona: That's kinda what it sounds like, it's good

Lindsey: I mean, it is the blues

Fiona: Yeah, like, it adds to this- there's so much freedom with what you can do

Peyton: If by some crazy chance you ever get a million subscribers

Peyton: I will find a bear costume {peyton is a furry confirmed?}

Melissa: YES

Jarod: This OG bear

Katie: Tonic prolongation

Katie: Subdominant! Jarod: IV

Katie: Still technically

Katie: Tonic prolongation Jarod: I

Katie: But now we're gonna go to the dominant Jarod: V

Katie: Subdominant Jarod: IV

Katie: And back to tonic Jarod: I

Hugo: Her English diction is really good

Emiel: I like her voice though

Henry: Yeah, I like her voice a lot

Emiel: Good melody

Emiel: I guess I'm not a fan of the music video

Emiel: But the song sounds alright, other than the fact that it feels pretty downbeat oriented

Emiel: It's very, like, uhuhuhuh

Katie: This would be really good for, like, intro to soloing

Jarod: I know, right? It's like Katie: Teach the blues scale

Jarod: Yeah, there's this thing called a blues scale which is usually I, flat III, IV, flat V, V, flat VII

Jarod: And back to I

Jarod: So that's how to sound jazzy 101

Fiona: This is a slower song than songs we've listened to lately

Fiona: It's, like, laidback Lindsey: Well, it's because it's literally a jazz progression

Stephen: Yeah,...like how he's playing the high hat right now

Stephen: that's actually how you're not supposed to play it like that

Stephen: That's actually, like, the wrong way to play it. I got yelled at once here, actually, for playing like that

Naoki: Wait, so can you describe what that- Oh, tell us later Stephen: sure

Peyton: They're using very, like

Peyton: Naked blues progression where it's like, there aren't any.. um..

Peyton: Extensions or extra turnarounds in there

Henry: You know what I really appreciate the most about this?

Henry: Is that

Henry: She's an alto

Henry: That's badass {imo i think there are other altos in kpop but lee hi actually sings in alto range}

Melissa: Also, the saxophone was doubling the melody, which is kind of like, you know, they could've done something different

Peyton: Ahhhhh midi trumpets

Peyton: aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Khanh: It's gonna go back to V

Khanh: Oh no Kevin: Nope, nope

Khanh: I thought it was- Kevin: Now it's gonna go back to I

Kevin: Oh, so I and then V

Naoki: But it seems very simplistic

Naoki: Beyond the ...

Stephen: Well, that's the- Naoki: Twelve-bar blues

Naoki: I mean, that is simplistic in its nature

Stephen: No, seriously, everything instrumentation-wise is simplistic

Stephen: But her voice and the melodic line hides that

Lindsey: Yeah, I figured she's probably 16, 17, something like that

Lindsey: That was great, that was definitely the cutest blues I've ever heard

Lindsey: Good for her, though, she's got a very mature voice for somebody of that age

Umu: So what did you think about that song overall, musically?

Jeremy: In the beginning, I really dug it, like, I liked it and it was cool

Jeremy: And then

Hugo: It didn't go anywhere Jeremy: Yeah, it was the same thing the whole time

Hugo: And it was good, like, I thought the style was really cool. I think she did that style well, I just think overall with that particular song...

Hugo: There could've been more

U: So what'd you hear them doing with the high hat, I'm curious

Stephen: Sure, so when you're playing jazz, you're supposed to open it a certain way

Naoki: What does that mean

Stephen: Ummm so, in the high hat, it's closed, right? The t-t you hear Naoki: Oh right

Stephen: And then open, legato sound

Stephen: Just the way he was doing it and accenting it, it hard to describe unless you actually play drums

Stephen: But they it makes it sound really square

Stephen: It doesn't swing. It feels it's like..

Naoki: Sounds flat

Stephen: It's flat, it's kinda jive

Stephen: It's just really cheesy and corny

Stephen: So, it's just really funny, I mean, everything else they were doing was great

Stephen: BUT I literally did that once, here, at Eastman. I got a stern talking to, and it was like "yo you can't play a high hat like that"

Stephen: It's just really funny that's how they doing that, and getting away with it

Khanh: As a jazz player

Khanh: Everytime I hear a twelve-bar, I'm like

Khanh: "really?"

Kevin: Then they have to take it to that really slow tempo, where the song just feels really choppy

Kevin: The song doesn't even feel connected Khanh: There's nothing that drives it

Khanh: It's just

Khanh: ONE 2 3 4 FIVE 2 3 4

Khanh: This is just the same melody, like, 6 or 7 times, however many- yeah

Melissa: My favorite musical moment was when she was like

Melissa: Deleeeeeeeeete, that was my favorite

Melissa: Cause she was just like "delete"

Melissa: And I was like "yes"

Melissa: Good word choice Peyton: new phone who dis?

Peyton: I listen to a lot of jazz

Peyton: So I've really got an idea of what it's supposed to sound like

Peyton: And it moves around a lot more, like, the whole

Peyton: I guess it feels more improvisational, as opposed to

Peyton: But see, I think they- it's good because they understand what it is

Peyton: "Oh, we're not trying to be jazz"

Peyton: This is just a fun little cute, like, little thing, you know?

Peyton: But I think it would be more interesting if they tried to go more in that direction and got someone to really walk over it, you know

Lindsey: Okay, you think, like, a blues tune, just a jazz tune. You think that there's gonna be a solo break in the middle

Lindsey: But she just opens the damn thing scatting

Lindsey: That's kinda awesome, and then she just goes through the whole rest of the song

Fiona: She barrels through

Fiona: Great job Lindsey: I think that's kinda cool

U: Let's move onto the next one, it came out 2 years later, this is her 2016 release

U: Lee Hi will be acting in the music video with a dude who is a solo rapper, his name is One {jaewon!!}, and he debuted actually in this year, 2017 under the same company as her

Khanh: Three! Three! Kevin: MY star!

Melissa: I like how they said bass so you know what voice it is

Peyton: INCOMING BASS!!!!!

Emiel: Cool

Emiel: I dig Henry: Same

Stephen: The way that the bass and drums- or just the intro is, reminds me of a doowop, 50s American kind of Naoki: Yeah

Kevin: ooOoooOH a V, VI, I

Khanh: V, VI, I!

Fiona: It's so groovy Lindsey: Oh my gooood

Fiona: This is so vintage!

Fiona: Like, this sound is

Fiona: Probably some pop song from the 60s Lindsey: I like the baritone sax BUUUUUUUUUUUUH Fiona: They just took the progression

Hugo: She's got a lower voice, and I like it

Jeremy: Yeah, me too

Jeremy: Cause a lot of them are very Hugo: High and airy Jeremy: super high- YEAH and airy, you're right

Henry: Oh my god I love the birds

Henry: Are people who've got white gloves and are doing this Emiel: That is pretty dope

Henry: This is actually a super thoughtful music video

Stephen: Here I can approve the drum set beat is not cheesy Naoki: It's not jive Stephen: Not jive

Stephen: It's pretty cool and that tambourine

Khanh: Now the instrumentation is fuller with horns playing

Hugo: Oh nice bahbuhhhh in the brass

Henry: Real horns?

Emiel: What? Henry: Real horns? They're just kinda buried

Kevin: YES Khanh: I like that one

Kevin: Me too Khanh: How they cut out

Kevin: That's funny cause that's V, VI, I, which is the same chord, but theres no chords this time

Khanh: Yeah Kevin: V, VI, I?

Kevin: WOaahh

Stephen: I'm just trying to hear, there's like, another sound that they've got matched with the bassline where it almost sounds like a low trombone or horn...

Naoki: Oh yeayeayea St: like a synthesizer

Stephen: Or a bari sax?

Stephen: Cause they had baritone sax a lot in doowop and early blues, R&B

Naoki: Is that a backup band?

Lindsey: What the hell Fiona: You're right

Lindsey: There's just a sousaphone on stage, there's no sousaphone in this music {for the Aesthetic™}

Hugo: She has a lot of quick cutoffs and lot of space between notes often

Hugo: In a more talking kind of style

Hugo: So when she makes it more legato line, I like it a lot Jeremy: Yeah I like it too

Hugo: It makes a differentiation

Kevin: It's a minor III

Kevin: It's a minor III Khanh: That's what I thought, not minor VI

Kevin: So it's iii, then V/V, then V

Kevin: So there's iii, predominant, dominant

Fiona: It's like, sultry

Fiona: Now it's like- Lindsey: WHAT they're getting married now?

Peyton: those heels *snap snap snap*

Hugo: Yeah, that was a low note

Hugo: Got that pentatonic scale going in the background

Khanh: ALL my girls out there

Kevin: I'm such a fan of this!

Jarod: Oh, she's about to throw it down

Jarod: She about the throw it down Katie: Hey they're trading twos!

Fiona: It's like braidsmaids

Lindsey: GURL 19 is too young to get married, take it from us

Khanh: Aaaaahhhyea that harmony was fun

Lindsey: She's got some nice vocal runs in there, like, in the background especially

Jarod: This kinda has a 50's, 60's kind of vibe to it

Katie: But the minute she was like

Katie: BASS

K: I was like we're gonna get some Grease up in here

Jarod: boutta get some Grease

Jarod: My star

Kevin: Was that a dog pastor???????

Khanh: A dog pastor- Kevin: WAIT

Khanh: Oh man, she is so- Kevin: WHAAAAAAT it ends with a bass on the dominant VII

Khanh: And like..it, being very present in the mix

Kevin: That was good stuff

U: Anyways, what did you think of THIS song overall musically?

Naoki: I thought it was a lot stronger than the first one, it was way more interesting, and didn't seem very square or JIVE

Naoki: As this guy says

Stephen: Yeah the drum set beat was a great

S: yeah no um just wanted to clarify- Naoki: Drums were okay, so it was a good song Stephen: YEah there you go xD

Stephen: No, it great. Totally doowop influence, which is nice,

Hugo: What's interesting, cause ends her phrases a lot of down

Hugo: Like, she goes biiIIIIIIIIIIIiium

Hugo: A lot of her phrases- it's like she's singing to the middle of the note and instead of singing all the way to the end of the note

Hugo: And through the note, which isn't- that's a technique, that's a style

Jeremy: And it works in this song

Hugo: And in particular, for this style, it works, but it does make it more

Hugo: More impactful when she ends up singing all the way through her notes, making it more legato

Hugo: Like, actually singing through the line

Hugo: She doesn't do it a lot, but when she does, it's nice Jeremy: It sounds cool and it's a good contrast

Lindsey: I'm a fan. I really like this girl Fiona: There are like

Fiona: She'd be singing and then all of a sudden the BAW, the big band trumpet-y sounds

Fiona: All the chords filled in, and it was nice

Khanh: Like the previous one we watched

Khanh: It was a pretty standard progression

Khanh: Going to iii was a nice mix Kevin: Pretty cool

Khanh: With the, you know, the 60's dadadaa Kevin: Yeah yeah yeah

Khanh: That piano in there

Khanh: But I feel like her voice just could've used a little more nastiness, you know

Khanh: like, it's such a fun song Kevin: Her voice could've been

Kevin: Brought out more Khanh: Everytime she was like dADADABAAA

Khanh: She could've given a little more

Khanh: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH in there

Kevin: She had some nanananan, you know, her voice Khanh: But her voice is so clean the whole time

Kevin: That's a very interesting, I never seem to think of that Khanh: Just so controlled, that whole time I was going 'girl you gotta GO FOR THAT, that scoop

Kevin: And her visuals are doing it, like, what she's doing with her body movement Khanh: And the content of the visual is

Khanh: It's so playful and so flirty, it's a lot of fun

Khanh: But I just felt like if she just did a little bit- got a little bit out of that classical or pop clean comfort zone

Kh: And experiemented with a little more dirt, I would've had more fun with it

Emiel: It was cool, right down the pipe

Henry: Yeah- did you say right down the pipe? Emiel: Yeh H: That's such a good way to put it

Henry: Easy to digest Emiel: Nice melodically, harmonically

Henry: I wasn't drowned in textures, but I also really appreciated the fact that there was playing well-represented

Henry: They used real horns

Henry: If I were to think of a song that could be like a mascot for what we like about kpop

Henry: Even though this isn't the best or the worst thing we've ever seen, I definitely feel like this is one of the more across-the-board

Henry: Good representatives of what we like in a kpop music video

Henry: It was interesting visually, the story was straightforward, the music was not overbearing but not boring

Henry: We we do hear is based so much upon taste, and specific things about our tastes

Henry: That I feel like this hit all the marks

U: And compared to the first one that we heard?

Emiel: Way better Henry: Yeah, way better

Stephen: I don't know, I feel like

Stephen: In her last music video, and in this music video

Stephen: Very innocent, kind of young love vibe and a lot of the style she was pulling from

Stephen: All that music from the 50's and even early 60's

Stephen: Young love, very innocent vibe so it's just really cool to see that

Lindsey: You can tell that this is more current, and that she's matured more and has more experience because

Lindsey: The first one was a great little blues whatever

Lindsey: But now she's got

L: She's just more [slams fist into palm] YEAH

L: you know? But she's still got the jazzy style

L: But she's got the pizzazz with it too now. The last one was cutesy blues and this one is in your face badass jazz

Kevin: The thing with twelve-bar blues, again, this is something I just thought of

Kevin: The thing with the last song, "It's Over", the reason why twelve-bar blues doesn't work for us

Kevin: Is because twelve-bar blues is a progression used to jam Khanh: To improvise

Kevin: To improvise over Khanh: The interest in a twelve-bar comes from melodic variation

Khanh: Which is, you know, you present a melody

Kh: And then you present variations on that melody that you come up with on the spot, improvisation

Kevin: If the song feels so prepackaged, it should not be in twelve-bar blues Khanh: Yeah exactly

Kevin: And to not stick to twelve-bar blues the entire way Khanh: Where as this progression, you know, it's more of a standard progression for a song form

Kevin: It feels like a pop song where yeah, there's a chorus, then something different, then there's a verse that does something different too

Khanh: It just had a lot more harmonic interest

Khanh: And honestly, in my opinion, it was a lot more fun to listen to Kevin: Exactly, same

Lindsey: Hey guys, thank so much for watching, we hope you enjoyed the video!

Fiona: If you wanna see more of our kpop reactions, check the link in the description below

Lindsey: If you're curious about what songs we're going to react to that aren't on the schedule yet, click right here or check the description

Umu: And of course, thank you to all our wonderful patrons for making our content much better

Umu: If you want to support us by being a patron, check the description or click on this box right here for more information

All: See you guys next time!

For more infomation >> Classical Musicians React: Lee Hi 'It's Over' vs 'My Star' - Duration: 16:33.

-------------------------------------------

Author: John Green - Duration: 5:21.

Hey! It's Lou!

When I was a teenager, and by that I mean Junior/High school,

I didn't read much.

Really, not much.

But, despite that, I've been capable of devouring John Green's books like an ogre.

And I think it's because his books really speak to me.

Not only because the characters are teenagers,

who experience the kind of problems as I used to, as a teenager,

but also because I agree with the visions, the philosophy, that Green gives.

Today, I might still be very young,

I don't consider myself a teenager anymore.

I grew up, and therefore gained maturity,

so I obviously dont apprehend things the same way asI used to.

And, of course, I'll say the same thing in five years.

So, when John Green announced, this summer, that he would release a new book,

Turltes all the way Down, in French Tortues à l'infini,

I got really, really scared.

Actually, I was scared that I wouldn't relate to his writing anymore.

Well, I was wrong.

And I think this last book sums up pretty well what John Green's books are about.

Let me explain.

Firstly, the thing is that, often, and even in each of his books,

John Green uses the story, the narration, as a pretext to share philosophy.

It's not that the stories aren't good, or that they don't really exist. Not at all.

It's just that they are simple,

without big plot twits, with no big and heroic adventures.

And thanks to this simplicity, that I like to qualify as Sincerity,

the author can ave his characters thinking, about things we can relate to.

Actually because this simplicity in his narration makes sure that those characters are real.

because they are original, colourful, and very realistic.

They are not the kind of characters we are used to see in books.

They always have something unique,

as each person of this world has something unique.

Sometimes it's just hobbies, or the way one talks,

or the way one communicates with others.

For instance, in Turtles all the way down,

the first character's best friends, she's an extrovert young girl,

who writes love fan-fiction on Rey and Chewbacca from Star Wars.

It's quite crazy, and even a bit weird, in a book. It's not usual.

But in the end, I think it's extremely realistic

So, thanks to the simplicity of the narrations, and the writing of the characters,

we're immersed in the story, and you get attached to the protagonists.

Secondly, one thing surprising about John Green,

is how much he seems to describe the teenage years so well;

how he seems to carry the words that teenagers are barely able to speak out themselves,

whereas he wrote his first book when he was 28,

and today, for the last one, he is 40.

In fact, he manages to describe things, feelings, sensations,

that yet seem indescriptible.

He can do that by using metaphors, comparisons,

mostly because they are the figures of speech that, indeed, help teenagers the most

to express themselves.

"I don't know, you see

it feels like I have butterflies in the stomach."

Of course, this is just a sum up.

He goes much furthers than butterflies in the stomach.

He talks about very complex things, that are really personal, intimate

because you can never know he everything that's happening in your head is normal or not.

We don't know if other people feel the same things, at the same time.

And since the teenage years are the moment of our life

during which we compare ourselves to there others the most,

well obviously, we're lost when it comes to feelings.

And Green is reassuring about that.

The fact that the things that are so personal end up in a published book,

we realise how universal our feeling are.

Which doesn't make them less complex, of course.

Therefore, John Green becomes sort of a healer.

Because when you read his books, that you can relate to,

on different levels and scales, well it feels good.

Sometimes, you cry, well it feels good.

Other times, you laugh, well it feels good.

Those books make you travel to different emotions,

but not into darkness.

And that is because he links feelings, thoughts, sensations,

to well known situations, that you've lived.

So he het you to link things that, as a teenager,

you can't manage to link alone.

But, in fact, more than "as a teenager", it's as a human being.

Because you don't stop having complexe feeling when you grow up.

You just get use to not understanding them.

To put it in a nutshell, even though some tend to say that Green write books for teenagers,

I think it is positive, not negative like some can think.

And, besides, what is a book for teenagers?

It's something that is often said, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Personally, John Green's book are the book's I've always read the fastest.

The most famous one is The Fault in our Stars,

but I don't think he the most representative of all his books.

If you have never read a Green's book, and that I convinced you to get with it now,

I suggest you trying with his first one, Looking for Alaska,

or his last one, Turtles all the way down.

But I did wonder something: Is Joh Green the spokesperson of teenagers,

or the spokesperson of my generation?

I also think you should check his channel.

Because, Yes, John Green is also a Youtuber, with his brother.

hey both make very interesting short videos, about many different things.

The link is in the description box below.

If you've liked this video, I invite you to give me a comment,

and tell me if you like John Green or not. Especially why.

Subscribe to my channel if you want be alerted next time I'll post a video,

and follow me on my social medias for more fun, more discussions,

the links are in the description box below.

And, also, I'd appreciate if you'd share this video, if you've liked it.

Well now, I leave you here,

and I'll see you next time in an other video!

Bye!

For more infomation >> Author: John Green - Duration: 5:21.

-------------------------------------------

DOMINICAL MADNESS WITH MY FAMILY AND BEHIND SCENE - Duration: 7:12.

hello friends I am K-RO and as you can see we are not in my studio ....

We are in a super super cute place as you will realize today I want to show you this

Spectacular place there is beach, lake pool there is everything.

and they will also be with me in this photo shot for the collection of swimwear

handmade by the brand that is for which I worked that is BELLAMYNINA

below I will leave the website in case you are interested in some of these swimwear

so we started to enjoy..

and will do as well as a videoblog to share with me and also my family as I do

I love them and I love them and I make them part of my family then

I want you to be with me here in this spectacular paradise

so good start the video

delicious

after an extraordinary lunch made in firewood. I feel ....

This was all for the video. I hope you liked it

I hope you have had a nice time

having fun with my family for a while. I know my family is crazy ... I know

ok see you the next video you know do not forget me 'networks

I have facebook, twitter and instagram and as always the links of the left below

there is also my page in wix left it down too

subscribe I will not give away I like to share it with all your friends

Something important that tells you that they are interested in swim suits

in the bottom part I'm also going to leave the BELLAMYNINA link

to go and run there and see the video that

was done here with the photos and the beautiful girls and everything

and I could not forget to send greetings to all those people who always support me

and they are watching my videos. ZAIDA I send a huge kiss to my sexy teacher

you know my friends from Korea also JIN, JUN a MOO YONG

and JAKE I love you very much very much thanks for supporting me

and you know do not forget to smile bey

For more infomation >> DOMINICAL MADNESS WITH MY FAMILY AND BEHIND SCENE - Duration: 7:12.

-------------------------------------------

Kızlar Edis'e Bakarak Gülümsemeden Durabilecek mi? - Duration: 3:51.

For more infomation >> Kızlar Edis'e Bakarak Gülümsemeden Durabilecek mi? - Duration: 3:51.

-------------------------------------------

Złote Innosy 2017 Reklama - Duration: 1:14.

Get excited! To space, let's go!

The latest obsession! Join the flow?

I'll hold in my hand

I wanna laugh like a crazy!

I'm used bein' confused!

I can't get no satisfaction

Boredom

Becomes a stone

Before it gets too heavy and falls

Let's spread

Our wings of excitement

Let's go to the next world

The door of possibilities is still locked

Oh well, I'll break through the wall again

Now! Shoot past the limit! Shout "It's piece of cake"!

The invincible me is waitin' there

Everyone will be blown away!

For more infomation >> Złote Innosy 2017 Reklama - Duration: 1:14.

-------------------------------------------

7 Pomysłów na prezenty! Na mikołajki i nie tylko. - Duration: 3:02.

For more infomation >> 7 Pomysłów na prezenty! Na mikołajki i nie tylko. - Duration: 3:02.

-------------------------------------------

Weekly Entertainment Wrap Up #48 [CC] - Duration: 4:32.

Hi, YouTube, it's Kathy. Happy Bookmas.

This is my Weekly Entertainment Wrap Up for November 26th to December 2nd.

This week I read 1 book, I watched 3 shows, and I listened to 1 book.

Normally I try to complete at least 2 physical books in a week, like, sneak in a graphic

novel if I'm reading longer book, for example, but I'm just so glad to have finished my one

brick of a book for Tome Topple that I just left it at that.

I finally finished The 13 ½ Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers.

This fantasy book was released in 1999 in Germany, and I actually had a friend on my

Facebook feed excited I was reading it, because she's originally from Germany and didn't

know it was available in English. This book is 703 pages, and although some

of that space is taken up by illustrations, because Moers is a cartoonist, it did not need

to be that long. Let's start with what I liked: this story

was weird and endearing. It is the story of a blue bear, and you find out early on that the life expectancy

of this type of creature is 27 lives. Already, that's adorable because it sets

you up knowing that he is writing this autobiography at the midpoint of his life span. There is

a huge amount of imagination in this book, from creatures, to places, to malicious weather.

However, as I mentioned, it did not need to be as long as it is. Throughout the book,

there are huge information dumps; Bluebear essentially has an encyclopedia downloaded

into his brain during one of the lives, which means every time you come across a person,

place, or thing that needs explaining, you get an encyclopedia entry. This happens every

few pages, and sometimes they're written in such a way where the author is just describing

every possible shade of a colour. Overall I'm proud of myself for finishing

it, and the story was a lot of fun, but I would have set this down and forgot to finish it

if I wasn't reading it for Tome Topple, because the info dumps are just too much.

This week, after far too many colds and scheduling mishaps, I finally got to see my best friend,

and we finished the first season of Riverdale, and started the second.

I am excited that the initial murder mystery is over, and as my roommate commented, it

would have been really funny if the second season was them doing classic, 50's inspired things, like

the comics, but a couple episodes in, there are possibly already four people dead. So

Riverdale looks like it is going to be underpopulated by the end of this show.

This week I marathoned the entire 8th season of RuPaul's Drag Race, and damn girl, it

was fun. I've watched previous seasons but it's been a while. In case you haven't

see it and plan to in the future, I won't discuss who won, but it is available on Canadian

Netflix, so get on that. I'm happy with the choice, because her final

performance was to die for. There was one elimination where I felt a queen went

home too early, but that's bound to happen.

This week on Survivor, tables were turned so hard that they fell over. The episode was

Buy One Get One Free, both in title, and in the fact that it was a double episode, and

the contestants got shady enough to be compared to drag queens in a library. The contestant

I've been favouring since early on is no longer looking like he's at the top, so

I'm a little worried that all his carefully laid plans are going to pull apart at the seams.

This week I listened to Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson.

This book spans the genres of historical fiction and science fiction, and if you can think

of another book that also does this well, please let me know, because this mixture intrigues me.

We start 2065 with Adri, who has been training all

of her life to be one of the explorers to be sent to live on Mars. A few months before

lift off, she has to move closer to the launch site and the company actually finds a long,

lost elderly cousin. In the cousin's house, she finds a series of letters that spell out

a mystery from 1934.

I am a fan of book within a book narratives, and this one takes it one step further, because

Adri also find letters from 1919, and tries to figure out the connection to the mysteries

of 1934. All three eras have a different protagonist, so the audiobook is narrated by three different

voice actresses. I learned a lot about dust pneumonia,

first that it was an actual phenomenon in the 1930's, and why it came to be.

I completely adored Lily, Adri's elderly cousin. She was freaking adorable. I loved that there

was a tortoise that had illegally lived on the plot of land for over a hundred years,

and how it's lifespan encompassed all three of these different stories. It was beautifully written,

and I highly recommend it.

That's it for this week. If you've read, watched, or listened to any of these, let

me know about it down in the comments below. On the way down to the comments, if you

hit that Subscribe button, that would be very nice of you. You can also like and share this

as you see fit, and I will see you tomorrow for more Bookmas. Bye!

Oh, of course the heating cuts out at the *end* of the video.

[outro music]

For more infomation >> Weekly Entertainment Wrap Up #48 [CC] - Duration: 4:32.

-------------------------------------------

Entenda o problema das espinhas na pele - Duration: 5:04.

For more infomation >> Entenda o problema das espinhas na pele - Duration: 5:04.

-------------------------------------------

Things I've Been Sent #4 + Silver Play Button | Nostalgia Nerd - Duration: 9:44.

Hello and welcome to another episode of...

Stuff you have sent me!

It's not quite November.

I realise that I've just missed that, but I have been busy, as you'll notice, by my

new surroundings.

I've been moving a lot of stuff in to a new location, which I will do a proper video on,

as soon as I can!

But I want to start THIS video with this, because I know what this is.

I'm very excited about this because, this is from YOU-TUBE... there we go.

You've probably seen these getting unboxed on Youtube before, but this is incredibly

exciting, for me.

I mean, when I started this channel, I didn't think it would get anywhere near where we

are now at all, you know, I started it because I love all the stuff I had.

I loved the retro equipment and I wanted to share it with people rather than having it

stuffed away in my room.

And for it to grow to where it is, you know, I've got you guys to thank for that completely...

and I think when I crossed about 50k subscribers, I started to realise that getting the "Silver

Play Button" might be a thing, so I aimed for that, and here it is.

You know, I still make these videos because I love what I do, but it's nice to just have

some sort of recognition.

"You've just done something that very few Youtube creators accomplish.

You've had an astonishing one hundred thousand people subscribe to your channel.

We know that numbers on Youtube can get REALLY BIG, but we hope you don't lose sight of the

reality behind the six digit milestone.

Each and every person who has subscribed to your channel has been touched by what you

created....

"HOPEFULLY"... they were inspired, challenged or entertained.

You achieved this milestone with hard work, perseverance and probably a healthy dose of

humour too.

What you've accomplished can't be taken away from you....

"Well, I've seen you ban channels before...

Come on"

... and we'd like to recognise you and all your hard work with this Silver Creator Award.

A small token of our esteem and respect...

"bit of a printing issue there.

I won't be too picky"...

We know that you don't do this for rewards.

You do it because you have a drive to create and share and because you've found an audience

who cares.

Believe us when we say we can't wait to see what you do next.

A million subscribers may seem a long way off now...

"Well, it IS, to be fair"...

But you're closer than you think, and we are rooting for you....

"Of course you are.

You make loads of money from adverts"...."

Anyway, inside, we have... woah, look at this.

Look at this.

It's quite a nice box actually.

All foam and nicely done.

There we go.

They've spelt it correctly.

There is the Silver Play Button, which I will place on the wall imminently...

And now let's get on to some stuff that you guys have sent me.

Also, thank you for allowing me to get this far!

It means a hell of a lot!

Let's go!

So box number 1, and first up we have a Compuserve CD on the top.

No matter how many of these I see.

I still love them, for the eye catching colours alone.

There's a little Competition Pro Joystick inside.

One of the better sticks in my opinion.

We've also got another CD, an Amiga 600 handbook.. which is handy, because I don't have one for

my 600.

We've also got a selection of 1990s magazines.

Here's Computer and Video Games from April 1982.

Software Choice number 2; this is a magazine WH Smiths gave away in the 80s.

Commodore Computing International February 1990 and Your Commodore February 1990.

I will certainly enjoy reading those.

Also there's some disk boxes, which will prove very handy later - as you'll see.

There's also a tea bag, which is handy as I love tea, and the sender is TG Pips... and

yes, that tea bag does indeed appear to be a triangular PG Tips bag.

Many thanks kind fellow.

We've also got numerous floppies which is good, because I love floppies and their contents.

Even the labels, check out that rainbow of colours on the top.

It's enough to make a man moist at the feet.

There's even the key for the boxes.

Nice.

OK, next up, is an international package containing a sealed copy of the DOS Operating System

Version 3.30.

SEALED!

Let me tell you, this won't be staying sealed for long.

That's from patron GaronNinja I believe.

So thank you very much.

Another box, another collection of bubble wrap.

But inside this bubble wrap we find some lust inducing game boxes.

Taz Mania for the Master System, a splendid title.

Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday for the Mega Drive, which I haven't played.

Lotus Turbo Challenge, in the Classic packaging, another splendid release.

Crue Ball, for the Mega Drive again, and then a couple of Macintosh games.

Sim City 2000.

I've just gotta open this up to see those floppy disks.

Ahhhhh yes, floppies and packing peanuts, my favourite.

Also, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I'm gonna have to break out my Macintosh now.

Some more magazines in the bottom.

Sega Saturn from March 1997 and a 1984 copy of RUN for the C64 and Vic-20.

Awesome.

The note reads; Hi Peter, Here are the Macintosh games, hope you enjoy them!

I've thrown in a few other goodies too.

I'm really enjoying the channel.

Great stuff man.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers Kev.

Well no, thank you Kev.

It's greatly appreciated.

A box with silver tape is now upon us.

Inside this silver dream is a Russel Hobbs two slice toaster.

I'm off to toast.

No, but frivolities aside, inside is a bunch of Psion manuals... leading to a Psion 3,

which I love.

A case containing a Psion 3a, which I love a tiny bit more, and the mother; A Psion Revo,

which I drooled over for years.

Look at that tiny keyboard.

It's like a real keyboard, but tiny.

I fully intend to do a Psion video as soon as I get a chance.

These were sent from Yuki, or Yuki.

So thank you very much for that.

Another international package next.

It may look like a sturdy bundle of pure bubble wrap, and indeed, I thought it may have been

just that.

BUT, it's far better.

Because inside is, well, first there's a note from Josh Field in Marinlaw, but it reveals

that inside is a KCS Power PC board for an Amiga 500.

How cool is that?

I also love all the documentation here.

It tells a story of the hardware in a brilliantly 90s dot matrix dodgy font kinda way, and I

love it.

Thank you very much Josh.

OK, now here is a box.

It's a vast box.

So vast, that I'm gonna deal with it on the floor.

Now, I know this particular package is from a fine gentleman & indeed patron by the name

of Gary Pinkett, and although I could mention every title being extracted here.

I'd rather we all just sat back in awe and this Amiga fest of delight.

Gary is actually an Atari ST fan, so this is like the spawn of Satan to him, but to

me, it's a quarry of sheer delight.

Especially that bead art floppy coaster.

Some great titles here, such as Wing Commander.

The title that made me salivate for an Amiga on it's release, and look Noddy's Big Adventures.

What a cracking title.

Deluxe Paint 3, which is frankly awesome.

Lots of titles ripe for review here in fact.

Then under that, a whole heap of floppies.

I told you those storage boxes from earlier would come in useful.

In some ways it's a shame these have all lost their outer packaging.

But in other ways, they're floppy disks, and I love floppy disks, so it's all good.

And check out this Dizzy art, by Gary's own fine hand.

I shall find a suitable place for this to cherish.

The last package is from Black Screen Records.

I didn't even know they were sending me this.

But check it out, it's the Earth Worm Jim Vinyl soundtrack.

This is worth having for the artwork alone, but I do have a video lined up for a more

in depth look at some of this vinyl, and a rather dashing machine to play it on.

So stay tuned.

Anyway, that's it for November/December's unboxing.

If you send a package and I've missed it, apologies, I will get to it on the next episode.

I've just moved a load of gear out of storage so it's possible the odd smaller package is

still lurking in a box.

But anyway, thank you for watching and have a great evening!

For more infomation >> Things I've Been Sent #4 + Silver Play Button | Nostalgia Nerd - Duration: 9:44.

-------------------------------------------

Serious Sam 1 (FE, COOP, +Skineri) - Playthrough |22| TEMPLAYER CAM {EN} - Duration: 19:48.

We have to hold back to be able to find that secret place we haven't found before!

And I was able to open it for Skineri.

This is essentially a secret part of the level.

Those are some weird flags.

By the way this 3D game was made in the era of 2D games.

The devs really had to have a time travelling machine.

Which is funny, because the game IS ABOUT TIME TRAVELLING. xD

Skineri: What about Will Rock? Me: Will Rock came later.

Me: Also this was made in the era of really bad and really primitive basic 3D games.

I also had to hold right with the back button, because I've appeared off centre due to being in multiplayer...

...and in that moment I've realized that if I were to just hold back, I would get stuck on something.

There is one additional secret that we can only find in the demo.

This isn't that unique secret, by the way.

THE WINDOW IS ONE WAY ONLY! xD

Glitched inside. It has bad collision detection on several places, so you can move your way inside if you know how.

My hand really hurts from keeping the mouse cursor on the enemies.

*Templayer taking a drink*

We are very close to the unique secret.

For more infomation >> Serious Sam 1 (FE, COOP, +Skineri) - Playthrough |22| TEMPLAYER CAM {EN} - Duration: 19:48.

-------------------------------------------

The Surprising Benefits Of Slack - Duration: 4:59.

In the last episode, I talked about the notion of using fear to motivate desired behavior

and how that limits our creativity and narrows our perspective.

The alternative of using positive emotions to motivate gave us something like play which

boosts creativity and broadens our perspective.

In this episode, I will expand on this dichotomy as I describe the concept of slack.

There have been many studies done on the benefits of slack.

The Journal of Managerial Issues describes slack as excess resources that both cushion

the organization from environmental changes and represent an opportunity for discretionary

allocations, such as innovation activities.

Cornell University Ergonomics Research Lab measured the benefits of productivity when

introducing slack into workers' schedules, finding that workers alerted to take breaks

were 13% more accurate in their work.

Tom DeMarco dedicated an entire book to the study of Slack.

DeMarco tells the story of Sylvia the secretary.

With Sylvia around, everything flows smoothly.

A consultant arrives to reduce cost through corporate restructuring.

He measures Sylvia's utilization and finds that she is busy only 43% of the time.

The rest of the time she is available.

So the consultant moves Sylvia into a pool of secretaries, allocates 43% of her time

to the original manager and the other 57% of her time to other managers.

We now have someone busy 100% of the time.

We now have more efficiency.

The now-slackless secretary is simply not as responsive as Sylvia used to be.

She can't get cracking on new tasks as they come up because she's too busy.

DeMarco proposes that we obsess over efficiency because we think of knowledge workers more

like galley slaves.

"If your workers are like galley slaves and whip is the lever," he says, "you might expect

that applying the whip would make them pick up the pace.

More whipping makes them row faster until they just can't row any faster because they

are maxed out."

Knowledge workers only have three options to respond to pressure: eliminate wasted time,

defer tasks that are not on the critical path, and stay late.

But in a healthy knowledge worker organization, people don't waste a lot of time anyway and

the motivation toward meaningful accomplishment tends to steer them onto the critical path

by default.

So that leaves us with staying late, which takes us back to Henry Ford's discovery of

the folly of exceeding the 40-hour work week.

So how do we motivate knowledge workers?

We need to let go of the notion of motivating by using fear.

DeMarco cites a scene from In The Name of The Rose as an illustration of our attachment

to using fear as a necessary motivator.

The head librarian, Jorge, wishes to prevent the contents of Aristotle's Treatise on Comedy

from escaping to the population at large because it takes the position that laughter is an

admirable and desirable thing.

This, Jorge says, distracts the common person from fear, the most foresighted and most loving

of the divine gifts.

According to DeMarco, most organizations give fear the same prominent and respected position

as Jorge would give it.

So what might we see if we move away from motivation by fear and start building slack

deliberately into our organizations?

According to DeMarco, this would give us three things: flexibility, retention, and capacity

to invest.

The flexibility it gives us is a capacity for ongoing organizational redesign.

In this way, slack represents operational capacity sacrificed in the interests of long-term

health.

Slack gives us better retention because its opposite is often the cause of turnover.

A common feature of exit interviews is a sense that the departing person felt used.

The more successful a company is in extracting every bit of capacity from its workers, the

more it exposes itself to turnover.

Finally, there is the capacity to invest.

According to DeMarco, a bankruptcy of inventiveness is often the result of a failure to set aside

the resources necessary to let invention happen and the principal resource for invention is

slack.

When companies can't invent, it's usually because their people are too busy.

For more infomation >> The Surprising Benefits Of Slack - Duration: 4:59.

-------------------------------------------

《NS》超級瑪利歐 奧德賽 -如何跳繩100下!!(請開cc字幕) - Duration: 0:30.

For more infomation >> 《NS》超級瑪利歐 奧德賽 -如何跳繩100下!!(請開cc字幕) - Duration: 0:30.

-------------------------------------------

Pojďme Pařit - Serious Sam 1 (FE, COOP, +Skineri) |22| TEMPLAYER CAM {CZ} - Duration: 19:48.

For more infomation >> Pojďme Pařit - Serious Sam 1 (FE, COOP, +Skineri) |22| TEMPLAYER CAM {CZ} - Duration: 19:48.

-------------------------------------------

Что делать когда скучно Чем заняться дома когда скучно Идеи от скуки - Duration: 2:07.

For more infomation >> Что делать когда скучно Чем заняться дома когда скучно Идеи от скуки - Duration: 2:07.

-------------------------------------------

Two Friends ft. Kevin Writer - While We're Dreaming (King Kavalier Remix) - Duration: 3:01.

Two Friends ft. Kevin Writer - While We're Dreaming (King Kavalier Remix)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét