Thứ Sáu, 15 tháng 12, 2017

Waching daily Dec 15 2017

I'm Lucie Fink, and this week is 5 Days of Hygge.

Hey guys!

It's me.

Welcome back to another

Try Living With Lucie 5 Day Challenge.

Before we start if you're new to our channel,

click right here to subscribe!

And also comment below right now to let me

know what other 5 Day Challenges you want

to see me try.

We all good?

Let's get into it.

I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing it 100% correctly.

This little book is going to be my guide this week.

Amd the book tells that me it's pronounced "Hoo Ga,"

so—

we'll go with that.

It's a word that the Danes in Denmark use

to describe a feeling.

Some call it being consciously cozy,

or cocoa by candlelight.

The term originates from the Norwegian word

for well-being and my major takeaway after

reading this entire book from cover to cover is that

you cannot really describe hygge.

The book did breakdown some of the major hygge

pillars for me.

So you'll definitely want to watch until

the end of this video if you want to get the

clearest and fullest possible picture of

what hygge means.

So sit back, relax, grab a hot cocoa, and get comfy.

I started out today by making the atmosphere

of my apartment more hygge-like.

Candles are arguably the most important piece

of the hygge puzzle.

When asked how many candles you're supposed

to light at once, most Danes will tell you

that it's more than five.

So I got myself 20 candles, all unscented.

And I turned my apartment into what most Americans

would call a fire hazard.

In Denmark though, candles are burned at home,

in offices, even at school.

I opened up my windows to make sure there

was proper ventilation and I was being very cautious.

Most Danes will tell you that an open fireplace

makes a room more hygge-like.

Living in a New York City apartment,

that wasn't really an option for me.

But I did take my big TV and I turned on YouTube

and put on the yule log video that lasts 11 hours.

And I had a crackling open fireplace in here.

I decorated my living space with excess fluffy

blankets and pillows.

I strung up some lights around my lamp.

And I also went around replacing all of my

LED light bulbs with lower temperature bulbs.

As I learned in the book, the lower the light temperature,

the more hygge it is.

Hygge can happen all year-round.

Yes, even in the summer months.

But in Denmark, December is arguably the biggest

month for it which is why I chose this time of year.

Also most of the clothing associated with

hygge is clothing that you would most likely

associate with a warm winter's night spent

locked inside by the fireplace.

What better way to show you guys

my hygge wardrobe than to do a

The book told me about a word hyggebukser.

I'm not sure if I'm saying it correctly

but it basically refers to a pair of pants

that you would never be caught dead wearing in public.

Maybe I should get a pair of hyggebukser.

We're here.

This blue chunky sweater is from my friend

over at Hania by Anya Cole.

And you'll see a few other pieces in here from them.

They actually let me borrow a few of their

items for this week of hygge.

First item is this sweater that I wore yesterday.

This is a chunky, oversized but sort of cropped,

long-sleeve turtleneck.

I got it from Tobi.

And it's really really freaking soft.

Beautiful.

Here are another of those Hania by Anya Cole sweaters.

How soft is that, right?

So nice.

You can't have hygge without scarves as

I learned from The Little Book of Hygge.

This one I just don't remember, oh—

I blew out the candle with the scarf.

Don't remember.

I'm making a mess.

Please hold.

Food plays a major role in hygge.

Especially, sweet, delicious, and really indulgent food.

And certain foods are very hygge-like while

others are just not.

For instance, cookies are.

Mmhmm.

Celery sticks are not.

Ew.

Score!

So today now that I had my hygge environment

in the living room glowing and I had my comfy

hygge clothing on, I spent today indulging.

I started with a mug of rich, dark hot chocolate.

Piled to the brim with mini marshmallows.

Sugar and sweets are part of a balanced, hygge-like

lifestyle so I of course was munching on gummy

bears all afternoon.

But something that I read in the book is that

the longer it takes to make something,

the more hygge-like it is.

It's all about preparing food and our relationship

with food and the joy that comes from eating

something that we worked hard to make.

Cinnamon buns.

I'll put the link to this recipe in the

description box below.

I started by making the dough from scratch

with yeast.

I mixed in the salt, eggs, and flour which, let me tell you, was a real workout on forearms.

And then I let it rise.

I cleaned off my countertop before pouring

some oil on to it.

And then I spread out the dough into

a rectangular shape.

I poured melted butter on it.

And then I spread my cinnamon sugar mixture on top.

Next I rolled it up into a log shape and then

I cut out slices.

While they were in the oven baking, I whipped

up some homemade cream cheese icing.

And I've got to be honest with you as always,

they looked really great but they were not great.

But if I took anything away from the food

section of the hygge book, it's that the

food you're cooking doesn't have to come out perfectly.

So even if my cinnamon buns didn't come

out that well, the entire experience of making

them could not have been more hygge.

Time for another hygge definition.

Hyggekrog.

A comfy or cozy corner, or a snug place.

Apparently most Danes have a hyggekrog in

their home where they like to snuggle up with

a warm blanket, a cup of tea, and a good book.

My windowsills aren't exactly wide enough

to sit on so I decided to make that little

corner of the couch my hyggekrog for the day.

I spread out my fluffiest blankets.

Brought along a few good books and a journal.

Popped on my fuzzy socks.

And relaxed.

Today was all about having a hygge filled

day using some of the hygge tips that I've

learned in the book so far.

In my journal I wrote down a few of the happiest

hygge-like moments that I've had in the past.

And then I created a hygge bucket list of

hygge moments that I want to have in the future

with the people I love.

Things like a board game night with my siblings,

renting a cabin with my family, and getting

snowed in with Michael.

This is a good time for me to mention that

even though I'm hygge-ing at home this week,

Hygge does not need to take place in the home.

Actually some of the best hygge can take place

outdoors in nature or in coffee shops.

This is also a good time for me to mention

that I've been by hygge-ing by myself this

week because it's the middle of the work

week and all the people I know and love are

either at school or at work.

But most Danes will tell you hygge is the

best when it's experienced with others.

So once Michael gets home from work tonight,

we're going to snuggle up in our little hyggekrog.

And he recently just went through and printed

all of our photos from when we first started

dating in high school

So we're going to look through our new photo album.

I got Michael.

And we're in our little hyggekrog.

We've got some candlelight on.

Dark outside.

This one is our first photo that we ever took together.

We're so young!

Oh yeah that was my college graduation.

That's when we went to Newport.

Happy Friday!

Or as they say in the book, Happy Fredashygge.

Which is hygge on Fridays.

So last night Michael and I hygged together

on the couch, but any Dane will tell you that

the sweet spot for hygge is with three to four people.

So tonight we invited my sister Ally over,

because the three of us, Me, Michael, and

my sister, have always called ourselves

The Three Musketeers.

We're best friends and we love spending time together.

Sine hygge is all about being present we turned

our cell phones off, and then we worked together

to cook a delicious dinner.

And then we spent the rest of the night laughing

together, playing board games on the couch,

and just enjoying being with one another.

Doing the hoedown.

Yes!

Writing a book?

Hah!

Yes!

I think looking like an idiot.

Skiing.

Three Musketeers!

I don't think I've enjoyed another five

day challenge quite as much as this one.

And this little book here could not have been

more helpful at allowing me to integrate this

amazing Danish feeling in to my everyday life

here in New York.

Comment below letting us know how you hygge

and if you've never heard the term before,

I highly recommend you get this book and give it a try.

And as always, let me know what you want to

see me try next time for five days.

Bye!

Hey YouTube!

Thanks for watching 5 Days of Hygge.

Click here for another video on Refinery29.

Right here to subscribe to our YouTube channel.

And here for my personal YouTube channel.

Bye.

For more infomation >> 5 Days Of Hygge | Try Living With Lucie | Refinery29 - Duration: 9:13.

-------------------------------------------

Как не зависеть от чужого мнения? || Проверенный рецепт Елены Климовой! - Duration: 2:40.

For more infomation >> Как не зависеть от чужого мнения? || Проверенный рецепт Елены Климовой! - Duration: 2:40.

-------------------------------------------

[Eng Sub] BTS V - Famous Actress HA JI WON Talks about how they become so close 방탄소년단 뷔 태형 하지원 - Duration: 1:33.

We... kind of have similar interests and hobbies, so we quickly became close.

So... Like... We like watching paintings, and...

We like taking photos too, so when we take pretty pictures, we share and show each other.

If there is a painting, we talk about it together too.

I think that's how we became close friends.

So when I travel abroad and find a book about paintings we like, I buy it for him as a present.

And V also... when he takes pretty pictures, he show them to me.

That's how we got close.

For more infomation >> [Eng Sub] BTS V - Famous Actress HA JI WON Talks about how they become so close 방탄소년단 뷔 태형 하지원 - Duration: 1:33.

-------------------------------------------

hoto me aisi baat me daba ke chali aayi YouTube prity basumatary dance - Duration: 1:23.

For more infomation >> hoto me aisi baat me daba ke chali aayi YouTube prity basumatary dance - Duration: 1:23.

-------------------------------------------

NEW FREE YOUTUBE TOOL ALERT: Video Tag Templates - Duration: 3:23.

We think YouTube's got a problem with default video tags, so we're going to fix it and this

is how

Hello everyone, welcome to vidIQ, my name is Rob.

If this is your first time here we are the YouTube channel that aims to help you get

more views in less time.

Out tool is free to download, a link is in the description and while you're at it, subscribe

to the channel and click on the notification bell so you don't miss anything.

Put the hammer down,

Sorry

PUT.

THE.

HAMMER.

DOWN!

Here's where we think YouTube's own tools, they just aren't up to the task.

The upload defaults allow you to set one collection of videos tags and in this day and age that

simply doesn't cut the mustard.

If you cover a range of topics on your channel you will want a core set of tags you use for

each of these topics

So what we propose and serve up to you fully free of charge is the Tag template tool.

You will find this tool on both the video upload page and video info page as a button

just under your video tags.

In a practical example we have this video about 10 ways to use playlists to get more

YouTube views.

We're not going to use YouTube's defaults at all so let's go straight to the tag template

tool.

We've already setup one collection of tags but it's more about how to get how to get

a certain number of views over a certain period of time.

This video will form part of series about the top 10 Youtube tips for different topics

like, comments, getting subscribers, starting a channel and of course using playlists, so

by typing out a title we start a new tag template.

To add a tag to this template simply type in a keyword or phrase and then press enter

or click add tag to add that single tag to the collection.

To add more than one tag at a time separate each one with a comma so it adds them like

this.

So now you get the idea, start writing all the tags you want within a template and when

you've finished don't forget to click the save button in the bottom left hand corner.

Now get ready for a little vidIQ magic, click the insert tags button and that automatically

adds those tags to your video, and note the vidIQ SEO score update too.

Not bad eh?

Those are the basics but you may want to consider a couple of things before you insert these

tags.

First of all while these will form your core tags that you may use in many videos you will

want to add the video specific unique tags first.

In this example I am adding YouTube Playlist specific tags before I add the tag template

tags.

When you do this your existing tags are not overwritten, the tag templates tags are simply

appended to the bottom.

Also you'll be keen to know that the vidiq keyword inspector has made it into the tool

so simply click on any tag to reveal loads more information about its popularity, historic

trend and related videos that use the tag.

And that's vidIQ template tags in a nutshell.

No more need for txt files full of different tags, simply setup them up in our tool and

add them to your videos in a matter of seconds.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this brand new tool and don't forget it's absolutely

free when you download the vidIQ chrome extension a link is in the description.

Enjoy the rest of your video making day.

Bye for now.

For more infomation >> NEW FREE YOUTUBE TOOL ALERT: Video Tag Templates - Duration: 3:23.

-------------------------------------------

Imagine If Rayan Beayni... - Duration: 2:46.

hey, wassup?

hello everyone!! welcome back to my channel, so i asked you

on instagram

and.. just on instagram

to dm me

with "imagine if rayan beayni"

and an action, example

imagine if rayan beayni is a teacher

don't forget to subscribe, to like this video

and if you want a part 2, comment

okay, so, the first one, imagine if rayan beayni was a dad

2nd one,

imagine

if rayan beayni was stuck in the elevator

imagine if rayan beayni

was an actor

imagine if rayan beayni works in a bank

imagine if rayan don't have pimples anymore

okay.

i hope you enjoyed this video, if you did don't forget to subscribe to my main channel

and give this video a big thumbs up

yeah see you <3

For more infomation >> Imagine If Rayan Beayni... - Duration: 2:46.

-------------------------------------------

Canlı Yayın Kazaları -Twitch Canlı Yayın Kazaları - Duration: 6:27.

For more infomation >> Canlı Yayın Kazaları -Twitch Canlı Yayın Kazaları - Duration: 6:27.

-------------------------------------------

İNSTAGRAM DA SAYFA BÜYÜLTME! / TÜM TAKTİKLER - KEŞFETE ÇIKMA - Duration: 6:33.

For more infomation >> İNSTAGRAM DA SAYFA BÜYÜLTME! / TÜM TAKTİKLER - KEŞFETE ÇIKMA - Duration: 6:33.

-------------------------------------------

Three generations, one Ford family - Duration: 2:19.

For most of us, the Blue Oval isn't just a job ...

... it's a part of our lives.

A part of our family.

There they are, the Cologne workforce.

Diligent, confident.

Worthy citizens of their city.

Since 1931 generations of families have passed through these gates.

My name is Sami Oezberk

and I work at the Ford plant.

My grandfather, my father and I

have all worked on the production line

and we have all seen

how the line has changed over the years.

My grandfather started here in 1964

back then it was a different time.

The production line has become a part of the everyday world.

Most of the work then was very much hands-on

but even then changes were coming.

By the time the Fiesta production started here in 1979 ...

the plant was much more automated.

Today people and robots work together

the production line is now much more efficient.

And this is where my father works.

He's an electrician,

and makes sure that this part of the line runs smoothly.

When my father started work here

the third generation Fiesta had just started in production.

It was definitely a very different style.

Although there have been many changes ...

there are still lots of things done the same way.

I first started here working with robots while I studied.

I saw first hand how robots and people work together.

Now I'm an engineer.

I'm the first engineer in my family,

I work on the production lines

where robots handle all forms of production.

In the production hall there are now more robots

than in my grandfathers time here.

All three generations of my family have worked here.

My grandfather ...

My father ...

and I ...

we all have our own story to tell.

We have all seen changes in our times.

For me this is more than just a job.

It is my family.

For more infomation >> Three generations, one Ford family - Duration: 2:19.

-------------------------------------------

Christmas Music by Kevin MacLeod I Instrumental Christmas Songs I No Copyright Music - Duration: 1:07:32.

♫ Christmas Music by Kevin MacLeod ♫

♫ Christmas Music by Kevin MacLeod ♫ Song: "Jingle Bells"

Song: "Up on a Housetop"

Song: "Deck the Halls B"

Song: "Jingle Bells 3"

Song: "Oh, Christmas Tree"

Song: "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies"

Song: "Angels We Have Heard on High"

Song: "We Wish you a Merry Christmas"

Song: "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"

Song: "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"

Song: "Angels We Have Heard on High (piano)"

Song: "Oh Holy Night"

Song: "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem"

Song: "Silent Night"

Song: "What Child is This"

Song: "Jingle Bells (calm)"

Song: "Deck the Halls A"

Song: "Wish Background"

Song: "Christmas Rap"

For more infomation >> Christmas Music by Kevin MacLeod I Instrumental Christmas Songs I No Copyright Music - Duration: 1:07:32.

-------------------------------------------

High Jump Challenge |SickSeries #36 - Duration: 13:00.

hey guy´s, it´s us again, Sick Series

to start, we will give you some informations about our online shop

all our servers where down, and nothing worked

and now, all our products are sold out, it´s crazy how many things you guy´s bought

the shop is closed and will reopen in the first week of january, if anything is restocked

but we will informate you asap

however, we are here in Innsbruck in the WUB-Hall and we thought about to do a High-Jump-Challenge

for this we prepaired something, and we also have some special guests

but first we have to say, that the inspiration for this video comes from Scotty Cranmer

but now it´s time to start

we have Peter Kaiser with us, cheers peter

sick that you joined us

next one is Leon

cheers

some slopestyle and dirt bikers

and again our young gun

and then we have Elias

Hello, it´s me

or is it Martin?

We have our selfmade high jump lath´s.

or selfmade from Elias

should work and hold perfect haha

the whole competition will be there out of the quater

and you aren´t allowed to pedal the whole way from there, over the box till the quater

It´s gonna be interesting, espacially the flat landing

so we will start at 80cm

good work

so, peter in front

sick! yeah, there you can see whose a Dirtjumper

excited what Fabio will do

Dude haha

1 meter

now I´m excited

Leon, let´s go

Each of us has two tries.

right, if he isn´t able to do it, he´s out

1.2 meters

have fun, young gun

you made the 1 meter. Sick

pretty sick!!

see you the next time

he´s a regular guest in our videos

Follow him! Dominik Windisch

so peter is next

Hello

can you do it?

nice impact

it´s gonna be exciting

cockiness isn´t good my friend haha

what an impact

so, 1.4, zwenty centimeters higher than before

he will do a late bar

the impacts are pretty hard

it´s gonna be pretty sick

this one was good bro!

so Fabio it´s your turn

still made it!

1.6m

have a look at this: 1.6m

ok, peter will start

every time again a hard impact

so now I´m excited

that close bro

you have another try

you passed the jump right?

oh maan, shit

but it´s like there is a wall in front of you.

Peter, what do you think? you have an second first try

Sick Series isn´t that easy dude

let´s go

so, second try

thanks for the action

ohh, only two left - this is the big final

that´s good

something broken?

so Fabio it´s your turn, have fun

so now it´s gonna be tricky

Fabio against Leon

1.9m

Schnig Schnag Schnug who will start right?

yeah ok

ok, Fabio you will start

he just reached the 2.2m mark

Dude, this one was sick

I think we have a good final

2 meters, are you serious?

2 meter, let´s go, have fun

yeah Fabio, let´s change it

Martin, you won´t loose anything?

so, rim changed

or tire changed

so now the second first try

now you could loose Fabio

I´m just a little bit nervous

let´s go Fabio

ok, what do you think?

Ok, Leon gives you a redo

but you aren´t allowed to put down any feet

so now next round of the final

Leon, have fun

have a look at this

it looks like a wall in front of you

have a look at this, there is Fabio, and there is the pole

It´s pretty high now

how do you feel like?

there are butterfly´s in my stomach

so Fabio, now I´m excited what you will show us

So it´s Fabios turn

sh*t

congratulations

thanks

pretty sick

yeah, really really sick, congrats!

This was really pretty sick

we will see us at the winners ceremony

So we have another winner

now it´s really the winner of the hearts

the winner of the high jump

high jump, right

However, please welcome

Leon thiele

and we have a special price

in fact

the high jump pole

the high jump pole

With this, I will congrat Leon as the high jump winner

Sick session, was a plesure

Peter come to us

sick session, we´ve to do it again

in this case, thanks for watching

was a pretty sick session

follow these guys on instagram

and yeah, right

see you the next time

Thanks!

Cheers

For more infomation >> High Jump Challenge |SickSeries #36 - Duration: 13:00.

-------------------------------------------

Kel Erkeklerin Çok İyi Bildiği 7 Şey - Duration: 3:55.

For more infomation >> Kel Erkeklerin Çok İyi Bildiği 7 Şey - Duration: 3:55.

-------------------------------------------

ЛУЧШИЙ КЛИП НА YOUTUBE? / Марьяна Ро M | R Ольга Бузова - Duration: 7:26.

For more infomation >> ЛУЧШИЙ КЛИП НА YOUTUBE? / Марьяна Ро M | R Ольга Бузова - Duration: 7:26.

-------------------------------------------

【完整版】爛桃花退散 她們該如何找到好姻緣?2017.12.15小明星大跟班 - Duration: 45:29.

For more infomation >> 【完整版】爛桃花退散 她們該如何找到好姻緣?2017.12.15小明星大跟班 - Duration: 45:29.

-------------------------------------------

Как начать бизнес на недвижимости. Опыт партнера компании Cheap Home. - Duration: 3:44.

For more infomation >> Как начать бизнес на недвижимости. Опыт партнера компании Cheap Home. - Duration: 3:44.

-------------------------------------------

A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens AUDIO BOOK first chapter STAVE 1 part 1 (1/10) - Duration: 22:39.

Hello!

Thanks for clicking on this video.

I am going to read to you A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens.

And I've set myself this challenge - I don't know why - I'm trying to get through A Christmas

Carol BEFORE Christmas Day, so I've got 10 days.

So I'm going to break up the book into ten parts, and I'm going to upload them to here

- so this is the first part, the first chapter, the first video.

I don't even know if I'm going to get to the end.

So if I do you'll see all the videos in the playlist - I'll put the playlist in the corner,

and I'll put a link on this.

I hope you stick with it with me, and I hope I stick with it.

So let's dive in to A Christmas Carol - "In prose, being a ghost story of Christmas.

By Charles Dickens.

Read by me, Neil Mossey."

Thanks for coming on this journey with me.

Charles Dickens wrote a preface to this story - it starts:

I HAVE endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which

shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season,

or with me.

May it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay it.

Their faithful Friend and Servant, C.D.

I think that stands for Charles Dickens.

December 1843.

So the chapters are named Staves, and this is the first stave, Stave I, Marley's Ghost.

Marley was dead: to begin with.

There is no doubt whatever about that.

The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and

the chief mourner.

Scrooge signed it: and Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change, for anything he chose

to put his hand to.

Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail.

Mind!

I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead

about a door-nail.

I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery

in the trade.

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not

disturb it, or the Country's done for.

You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Marley was as dead as a door-nail.

Scrooge knew he was dead?

Of course he did.

How could it be otherwise?

Scrooge and he were partners for I don't know how many years.

Scrooge was his sole executor, his sole administrator, his sole assign, his sole residuary legatee,

his sole friend, and sole mourner.

And even Scrooge was not so dreadfully cut up by the sad event, but that he was an excellent

man of business on the very day of the funeral, and solemnised it with an undoubted bargain.

The mention of Marley's funeral brings me back to the point I started from.

There is no doubt that Marley was dead.

This must be distinctly understood, or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am going

to relate.

If we were not perfectly convinced that Hamlet's Father died before the play began, there would

be nothing more remarkable in his taking a stroll at night, in an easterly wind, upon

his own ramparts, than there would be in any other middle-aged gentleman rashly turning

out after dark in a breezy spot—say Saint Paul's Churchyard for instance—literally

to astonish his son's weak mind.

Scrooge never painted out Old Marley's name.

There it stood, years afterwards, above the warehouse door: Scrooge and Marley.

The firm was known as Scrooge and Marley.

Sometimes people new to the business called Scrooge Scrooge, and sometimes Marley, but

he answered to both names.

It was all the same to him.

Oh!

But he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone, Scrooge! a squeezing, wrenching, grasping,

scraping, clutching, covetous, old sinner!

Hard and sharp as flint, from which no steel had ever struck out generous fire; secret,

and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.

The cold within him froze his old features, nipped his pointed nose, shrivelled his cheek,

stiffened his gait; made his eyes red, his thin lips blue; and spoke out shrewdly in

his grating voice.

A frosty rime was on his head, and on his eyebrows, and his wiry chin.

He carried his own low temperature always about with him; he iced his office in the

dog-days; and didn't thaw it one degree at Christmas.

External heat and cold had little influence on Scrooge.

No warmth could warm, no wintry weather chill him.

No wind that blew was bitterer than he, no falling snow was more intent upon its purpose,

no pelting rain less open to entreaty.

Foul weather didn't know where to have him.

The heaviest rain, and snow, and hail, and sleet, could boast of the advantage over him

in only one respect.

They often "came down" handsomely, and Scrooge never did.

Nobody ever stopped him in the street to say, with gladsome looks, "My dear Scrooge, how

are you?

When will you come to see me?"

No beggars implored him to bestow a trifle, no children asked him what it was o'clock,

no man or woman ever once in all his life inquired the way to such and such a place,

of Scrooge.

Even the blind men's dogs appeared to know him; and when they saw him coming on, would

tug their owners into doorways and up courts; and then would wag their tails as though they

said, "No eye at all is better than an evil eye, dark master!"

But what did Scrooge care!

It was the very thing he liked.

To edge his way along the crowded paths of life, warning all human sympathy to keep its

distance, was what the knowing ones call "nuts" to Scrooge.

Once upon a time—of all the good days in the year, on Christmas Eve—old Scrooge sat

busy in his counting-house.

It was cold, bleak, biting weather: foggy withal: and he could hear the people in the

court outside, go wheezing up and down, beating their hands upon their breasts, and stamping

their feet upon the pavement stones to warm them.

The city clocks had only just gone three, but it was quite dark already—it had not

been light all day—and candles were flaring in the windows of the neighbouring offices,

like ruddy smears upon the palpable brown air.

The fog came pouring in at every chink and keyhole, and was so dense without, that although

the court was of the narrowest, the houses opposite were mere phantoms.

To see the dingy cloud come drooping down, obscuring everything, one might have thought

that Nature lived hard by, and was brewing on a large scale.

The door of Scrooge's counting-house was open that he might keep his eye upon his clerk,

who in a dismal little cell beyond, a sort of tank, was copying letters.

Scrooge had a very small fire, but the clerk's fire was so very much smaller that it looked

like one coal.

But he couldn't replenish it, for Scrooge kept the coal-box in his own room; and so

surely as the clerk came in with the shovel, the master predicted that it would be necessary

for them to part.

Wherefore the clerk put on his white comforter, and tried to warm himself at the candle; in

which effort, not being a man of a strong imagination, he failed.

"A merry Christmas, uncle!

God save you!" cried a cheerful voice.

It was the voice of Scrooge's nephew, who came upon him so quickly that this was the

first intimation he had of his approach.

"Bah!" said Scrooge, "Humbug!"

He had so heated himself with rapid walking in the fog and frost, this nephew of Scrooge's,

that he was all in a glow; his face was ruddy and handsome; his eyes sparkled, and his breath

smoked again.

"Christmas a humbug, uncle!" said Scrooge's nephew.

"You don't mean that, I am sure?"

"I do," said Scrooge.

"Merry Christmas!

What right have you to be merry?

What reason have you to be merry?

You're poor enough."

"Come, then," returned the nephew gaily.

"What right have you to be dismal?

What reason have you to be morose?

You're rich enough."

Scrooge having no better answer ready on the spur of the moment, said, "Bah!" again;

and followed it up with "Humbug."

"Don't be cross, uncle!" said the nephew.

"What else can I be," returned the uncle, "when I live in such a world of fools as

this?

Merry Christmas!

Out upon merry Christmas!

What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for

finding yourself a year older, but not an hour richer; a time for balancing your books

and having every item in 'em through a round dozen of months presented dead against you?

If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry

Christmas' on his lips, should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake

of holly through his heart.

He should!"

"Uncle!" pleaded the nephew.

"Nephew!" returned the uncle sternly, "keep Christmas in your own way, and let

me keep it in mine."

"Keep it!"

repeated Scrooge's nephew.

"But you don't keep it."

"Let me leave it alone, then," said Scrooge.

"Much good may it do you!

Much good it has ever done you!"

"There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited,

I dare say," returned the nephew.

"Christmas among the rest.

But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round—apart from

the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be

apart from that—as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the

only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one

consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they

really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on

other journeys.

And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket,

I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"

The clerk in the Tank involuntarily applauded.

Becoming immediately sensible of the impropriety, he poked the fire, and extinguished the last

frail spark for ever.

"Let me hear another sound from you," said Scrooge, "and you'll keep your Christmas

by losing your situation!

You're quite a powerful speaker, sir," he added, turning to his nephew.

"I wonder you don't go into Parliament."

"Don't be angry, uncle.

Come!

Dine with us to-morrow."

Scrooge said that he would see him—yes, indeed he did.

He went the whole length of the expression, and said that he would see him in that extremity

first.

"But why?"

cried Scrooge's nephew.

"Why?"

"Why did you get married?" said Scrooge.

"Because I fell in love."

"Because you fell in love!" growled Scrooge, as if that were the only one thing in the

world more ridiculous than a merry Christmas.

"Good afternoon!"

"Nay, uncle, but you never came to see me before that happened.

Why give it as a reason for not coming now?"

"Good afternoon," said Scrooge.

"I want nothing from you; I ask nothing of you; why cannot we be friends?"

"Good afternoon," said Scrooge.

"I am sorry, with all my heart, to find you so resolute.

We have never had any quarrel, to which I have been a party.

But I have made the trial in homage to Christmas, and I'll keep my Christmas humour to the

last.

So A Merry Christmas, uncle!"

"Good afternoon!" said Scrooge.

"And A Happy New Year!"

"Good afternoon!" said Scrooge.

His nephew left the room without an angry word, notwithstanding.

He stopped at the outer door to bestow the greetings of the season on the clerk, who,

cold as he was, was warmer than Scrooge; for he returned them cordially.

"There's another fellow," muttered Scrooge; who overheard him: "my clerk, with fifteen

shillings a week, and a wife and family, talking about a merry Christmas.

I'll retire to Bedlam."

This lunatic, in letting Scrooge's nephew out, had let two other people in.

They were portly gentlemen, pleasant to behold, and now stood, with their hats off, in Scrooge's

office.

They had books and papers in their hands, and bowed to him.

"Scrooge and Marley's, I believe," said one of the gentlemen, referring to his list.

"Have I the pleasure of addressing Mr. Scrooge, or Mr. Marley?"

"Mr. Marley has been dead these seven years," Scrooge replied.

"He died seven years ago, this very night."

"We have no doubt his liberality is well represented by his surviving partner," said

the gentleman, presenting his credentials.

It certainly was; for they had been two kindred spirits.

At the ominous word "liberality," Scrooge frowned, and shook his head, and handed the

credentials back.

"At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooge," said the gentleman, taking up

a pen, "it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision

for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time.

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common

comforts, sir."

"Are there no prisons?" asked Scrooge.

"Plenty of prisons," said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

"And the Union workhouses?"

demanded Scrooge.

"Are they still in operation?"

"They are.

Still," returned the gentleman, "I wish I could say they were not."

"The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?" said Scrooge.

"Both very busy, sir."

"Oh!

I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in

their useful course," said Scrooge.

"I'm very glad to hear it."

"Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to

the multitude," returned the gentleman, "a few of us are endeavouring to raise a

fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth.

We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and

Abundance rejoices.

What shall I put you down for?"

"Nothing!"

Scrooge replied.

"You wish to be anonymous?"

"I wish to be left alone," said Scrooge.

"Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer.

I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry.

I help to support the establishments I have mentioned—they cost enough; and those who

are badly off must go there."

"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."

"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the

surplus population.

Besides—excuse me—I don't know that."

"But you might know it," observed the gentleman.

"It's not my business," Scrooge returned.

"It's enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other

people's.

Mine occupies me constantly.

Good afternoon, gentlemen!"

Seeing clearly that it would be useless to pursue their point, the gentlemen withdrew.

Scrooge resumed his labours with an improved opinion of himself, and in a more facetious

temper than was usual with him.

Meanwhile the fog and darkness thickened so, that people ran about with flaring links,

proffering their services to go before horses in carriages, and conduct them on their way.

The ancient tower of a church, whose gruff old bell was always peeping slily down at

Scrooge out of a Gothic window in the wall, became invisible, and struck the hours and

quarters in the clouds, with tremulous vibrations afterwards as if its teeth were chattering

in its frozen head up there.

The cold became intense.

In the main street, at the corner of the court, some labourers were repairing the gas-pipes,

and had lighted a great fire in a brazier, round which a party of ragged men and boys

were gathered: warming their hands and winking their eyes before the blaze in rapture.

The water-plug being left in solitude, its overflowings sullenly congealed, and turned

to misanthropic ice.

The brightness of the shops where holly sprigs and berries crackled in the lamp heat of the

windows, made pale faces ruddy as they passed.

Poulterers' and grocers' trades became a splendid joke: a glorious pageant, with

which it was next to impossible to believe that such dull principles as bargain and sale

had anything to do.

The Lord Mayor, in the stronghold of the mighty Mansion House, gave orders to his fifty cooks

and butlers to keep Christmas as a Lord Mayor's household should; and even the little tailor,

whom he had fined five shillings on the previous Monday for being drunk and bloodthirsty in

the streets, stirred up to-morrow's pudding in his garret, while his lean wife and the

baby sallied out to buy the beef.

Foggier yet, and colder.

Piercing, searching, biting cold.

If the good Saint Dunstan had but nipped the Evil Spirit's nose with a touch of such

weather as that, instead of using his familiar weapons, then indeed he would have roared

to lusty purpose.

The owner of one scant young nose, gnawed and mumbled by the hungry cold as bones are

gnawed by dogs, stooped down at Scrooge's keyhole to regale him with a Christmas carol:

but at the first sound of "God bless you, merry gentleman!

May nothing you dismay!"

Scrooge seized the ruler with such energy of action, that the singer fled in terror,

leaving the keyhole to the fog and even more congenial frost.

At length the hour of shutting up the counting-house arrived.

With an ill-will Scrooge dismounted from his stool, and tacitly admitted the fact to the

expectant clerk in the Tank, who instantly snuffed his candle out, and put on his hat.

"You'll want all day to-morrow, I suppose?" said Scrooge.

"If quite convenient, sir."

"It's not convenient," said Scrooge, "and it's not fair.

If I was to stop half-a-crown for it, you'd think yourself ill-used, I'll be bound?"

The clerk smiled faintly.

"And yet," said Scrooge, "you don't think me ill-used, when I pay a day's wages

for no work."

The clerk observed that it was only once a year.

"A poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every twenty-fifth of December!" said Scrooge,

buttoning his great-coat to the chin.

"But I suppose you must have the whole day.

Be here all the earlier next morning."

The clerk promised that he would; and Scrooge walked out with a growl.

The office was closed in a twinkling, and the clerk, with the long ends of his white

comforter dangling below his waist (for he boasted no great-coat), went down a slide

on Cornhill, at the end of a lane of boys, twenty times, in honour of its being Christmas

Eve, and then ran home to Camden Town as hard as he could pelt, to play at blindman's-buff.

That is end of part one of stave one, thanks for coming.

I've just seen it's 20 minutes.

I'm going to read the second part of stave one it's on this video here, there's a link

to that next video in the description.

I hope I've put it on the screen.

And I hope I've put somewhere here, a big picture of my face or a subscribe button - I'd

love you to come with me to find out what happens next.

As Scrooge goes home.

And I can't believe we're 20 minutes in.

Let's see if we can get through that first chapter.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks for subscribing.

And if you've got to this point of the video, give me a thumbs up just to let me know somebody

was watching this.

Thank you.

And, er, nine days to go before Christmas!

For more infomation >> A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens AUDIO BOOK first chapter STAVE 1 part 1 (1/10) - Duration: 22:39.

-------------------------------------------

উত্তর কোরিয়ার পারমাণবিক শক্তি জোরদারের নির্দেশ দিয়েছে - Duration: 1:17.

start now

For more infomation >> উত্তর কোরিয়ার পারমাণবিক শক্তি জোরদারের নির্দেশ দিয়েছে - Duration: 1:17.

-------------------------------------------

Dog hospital - Duration: 2:36.

Great idea - the hospital for dogs. However, if it is still no one rushed to implement in our city, so it's in initial capital. He's here do you want. Because doctors need to build. The point is that when a dog is sick, and it is usually puppies, and adult animals care is that the patient periodically to put the injections. Well, cleaned the excrement. In short, we need a nurse and a cleaner. And veterinary as managers. The fact that the psychological barrier of parting with a pet would be here as mitigated circumstances. Anyone who has ever hurt an animal was already internally ready to part with it, because about the worst option anyway I think. Consequently, if there existed such a service, I think that the clients she would always. A very important point. Seriously ill animals require a lot of attention. And what happens to the room where they are forced to celebrate their need for, the owners know themselves. A period had to endure in the house and diarrhea and vomiting, and specific odors. Plus - injections, some of which have to do during the day and the course may last up to 10 days, can do not every pet owner. Enteritis, for example, requires the installation of the whole system, and it is injected into a vein... By the way, in a special room you can provide watering from the hose and accordingly disinfection (pad with bleach), that the house will never do. In short, a dog needs and customers. It remains only to offer its construction a major construction company. But for the builders, or rather, businessmen from the construction, in any event, the earnings from the further rental of the building. Because like it or not, and to invest in real estate is always profitable.

For more infomation >> Dog hospital - Duration: 2:36.

-------------------------------------------

Books I Found Because of the Library [CC] - Duration: 2:55.

Hi YouTube, it's Kathy. Happy Bookmas. As you may know, I work at a public library,

which means that I am often surrounded by books which is just like the happiest

thing, and because of this I come across so many books in my day-to-day life that

are sometimes just quite bizarre. Sometimes bizarre in a good way,

sometimes bizarre in an less than good way. Not to mention, I spend a lot of time

looking at our online catalogue to see what books are coming into the system.

So it is not uncommon for me to see books about crossbow hunting, the history of

sex toys, and how dictionaries get made all in one day. Because of that, I just

sat down for about five minutes and brainstormed some of the gems that I've

seen in my time there, and I've separated this out into books that I read because

I saw them at the library, and books I've seen at the library and just went that's

cool or weird. The first one I want to mention it is "I Work at a Public Library".

I found this within the first couple of months of working at the public library

and signed it out immediately. This is a list of instances that have happened to

people while working at public libraries that came directly from Tumblr, and it's

accurate and hilarious. Along this book love vein, I also found "Women Who Read Are Dangerous".

I have this thing for books about books and this definitely

fulfilled that craving. Early in the year, I found Kill the Next One by Federico Axat.

And this one just had such an intriguing premise that I put a hold on

it immediately. And the last weird book off the top of my head is

Romeo and/or Juliet by Ryan North. This is a choose-your-own-adventure

where you can play Romeo or you can play Juliet, and you can try to get through

without dying, or however you want the story to play out, really. Now this one's

kind of in the middle, because I already knew that he wrote books for kids, but

Chris Colfer writes the Land of Stories books. This year he also came out with

"Stranger Than Fanfiction", which I ended up really enjoying recently. I checked in

a book the other day called "The Barf Diet" and this is a book about feeding

your dogs and cats naturally, I think. I didn't look too hard into it because

that title is gross. And the last four on my list are celebrities who also write

books but not about themselves. The first one is: did you know that

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes books about Mycroft Holmes? Yes, Sherlock's brother.

Neil Patrick Harris has recently started a kids book series called the Magic Misfits.

Jeff Probst writes basically Survivor fan fiction for middle graders -

at least that's what I assume it is; I haven't actually read it.

And Tyra Banks writes teen novels, or at least this one, Modelland.

Now this video was just quick and off-the-cuff but if you actually enjoyed learning about the weird things

I see at the library, let me know and I'll try to keep a list and make a

follow-up video in the future. On the way down to the comments, if you hit that

Subscribe button, that would be very nice of you. You can like it share this as you

see fit, and I will see you tomorrow for more Bookmas. Bye!

[outro music]

For more infomation >> Books I Found Because of the Library [CC] - Duration: 2:55.

-------------------------------------------

Petit Biscuit - Waterfall Ft. Panama (Tim Legend Remix) - Duration: 3:02.

Don't know what I should do

Sometimes I wish we could go somewhere

I feel it all around

I know you're seeing it too

I want to know if these words are enough

Sometimes you got to give it up

Sometimes you better not be rough

Because I need to know when I'm down and in trouble

Jump in the water

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

I want to work this out

The words you say don't fit right now

I hear your name around

Sometimes it takes too long

And I want to know if these words are enough

Sometimes you've got to give things up

Sometimes you better not let go

Because I need to know when I'm down and in trouble

Jump in the water

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Jump in the waterfall

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét