Thứ Ba, 10 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 11 2017

I'm not gonna let this stupid knee screw up the rest of my life.

Not again.

Mom!

What is she doing here, did you invite her?

No, I'm not a masochist, Jack.

Who would've thought that Randall would be the one to get into private school?

What does that mean?

It's been two weeks, she has to wash that hair.

I know.

What did you say?

Your hair is nasty.

She needs to apologize.

You really need to back up right now.

Look, your daughter...

New This Is Us next Tuesday on NBC.

And don't miss tonight's This Is Us aftershow on the NBC app, presented by Chevrolet.

For more infomation >> This Is Us 2x04 Promo "Still There" (HD) - Duration: 0:31.

-------------------------------------------

peru vs colombia rusia 2018 - Duration: 53:36.

For more infomation >> peru vs colombia rusia 2018 - Duration: 53:36.

-------------------------------------------

We Love You Beta | Diwali Special | 2017 - Duration: 5:06.

I know its Diwali..but we have to finish all the work

this is very important for the company

just finish the work and send it to me..

please..

i need these reports immediately..

just send me the reports...

yeah dad..

Dad: hello son..when are you coming home?

your mother has already started making ladoos for you...

Dad I have a very important project coming up...I will not be able to come home this time...

Dad: Son its Diwali..Everyone comes home on Diwali...

I know its Diwali Dad....but I have to finish this project.. I just cannot come this time...

Dad : Son but we always spend Diwali together every year....

(irritated)Please...you will not understand Dad...I will talk to you later...

(Dad Calling)

(Cuts Call)

Hello Sir..Hi..

Everyone has gone home for Diwali it seems..

i know Sir...but I know how important this project is to you..

so i have finished all the work...these are the files..

my flight is actually in 4 hours..so I am going to rush out...

and...Happy Diwali Sir...and please wish your family a Happy Diwali from my end too...

ok bye...bye

bro where are the files for stark industries...?

Business Partner: check your drawer or check my cabin..

and that other thing.....(gets cut off)

Business Partner: I have come home for Diwali buddy..I am out with my Dad...I will talk to you later...

Happy Diwali to you...bye bye...

(sadly) ok..sorry buddy..Happy Diwali...

Hi Dad..

Dad: what happened son? is everything ok?

Dad I am coming home for Diwali....

Dad: Really?When?

(Excited) Yes!!Dad....I am coming home..Tell mom to keep all my favourite food ready...i am coming home...

i am going to book the flights and everything and will come home quickly..

Dad: we will come pick you up at the airport...take care of yourself..

I love you Dad

We love you Beta...

For more infomation >> We Love You Beta | Diwali Special | 2017 - Duration: 5:06.

-------------------------------------------

Sewer Line Inspection Dana Point CA 800-538-4537 Sewer Line Inspection Dana Point CA - Duration: 1:08.

Sewer Line Inspection Dana Point CA. Are you sick of having your drains or sewer line clogged and having to pay a plumber every

6

months to come clear it out?

Hydro jetting is a long lasting solution to the problem of drain obstructions and tree

roots

intruding into sewer lines.

We have a state of the art high pressure water jetter that cleans out grease, sludge, tree

roots or

any other blockages in your pipes.

While conventional snaking only pokes a hole in the clog, water jetting cleans out the

entire

surface of the pipe.

We are trained experts in sewers, drains, and septic systems.

We'll stop your problem at it's source and keep your home safe.

To get a better view of what's going on, our technicians can do an in-pipe camera inspection.

If your drain is blocked and causing issues, emergency service is available.

Give us a call today, we'll get there fast!

For more infomation >> Sewer Line Inspection Dana Point CA 800-538-4537 Sewer Line Inspection Dana Point CA - Duration: 1:08.

-------------------------------------------

How To Get Motivated - Duration: 1:11.

When you're excited or you're motivated, how do you talk? Do you talk really... [talking slowly] "I'm

so mo... I'm so pumped right now" you know what I mean? You talk really fast, yeah

exactly right. And so right now you're doing 'not motivated'. You're doing like

slow, relaxed, calm, just going, plodding along right. Like, you know 'Eeyore' in like

Winnie the Pooh right. And so what, what you need to try and get into more is

start maybe smiling more, because when you're motivated or excited your probably

smile, right. So change your body. Changing your body guys is the fastest way to

change how you're feeling, right, so firstly change your body, like stand how

you stand when you feel motivated. Have an expression on your face like do. What

are you even saying to yourself in your head? You're probably not saying "Oh, I'm

not really feeling motivated". You're probably saying "I'm feeling pumped right now!"

right? And you might actually get into action. Get out of the house. Go do some

sports, like go for a run, like wake your body up, alright. Because if you're just

kind of like dozing around a bit you're not going to feel motivated.

For more infomation >> How To Get Motivated - Duration: 1:11.

-------------------------------------------

How to Make Specimen Jar Cocktails | Halloween Cocktails | RECIPE - Duration: 2:47.

For more infomation >> How to Make Specimen Jar Cocktails | Halloween Cocktails | RECIPE - Duration: 2:47.

-------------------------------------------

North Korea remains quiet on regime's key anniversary - Duration: 1:53.

A key date on North Korea's calendar came and went on Tuesday with no military provocations.

Many watchers had predicted a possible missile launch, but it never materialized.

That said,... pundits warn the regime may conduct missile tests in the coming weeks.

Kim Hyo-sun tells us more.

North Korea celebrated the 72nd anniversary of the founding of its ruling Workers' Party

on Tuesday with singing and dancing.

(KOREAN) "When I make eye contact with the audience,

they smile back at me.

It makes me happy and there's great ambiance."

Contrary to what many had anticipated,... the regime did not conduct any provocations,...

with its state media broadcasting performances and the usual propaganda.

With a massive personnel reshuffle within the party over the weekend,... experts say

leader Kim Jong-un could be focusing on consolidating his power base.

They say Pyongyang could have decided to remain quiet especially when all eyes are on the

regime's next move.

Some also say the North could be calculating the timing for its next provocation as U.S.

President Donald Trump continues to ramp up his harsh rhetoric against the regime.

(KOREAN) "As North Korea's provocations are followed

by a significant aftermath, which is sometimes difficult for the regime to handle,... it's

likely Pyongyang is still weighing its options."

Yet,... tensions on the Korean Peninsula remain elevated as the regime may carry out provocations

on October 18th, when China begins its 19th Party Congress or sometime in mid-October

when the U.S. is expected to send an aircraft carrier to waters near the peninsula for a

combined exercise with the South Korean Navy.

Kim Hyo-sun, Arirang News.

For more infomation >> North Korea remains quiet on regime's key anniversary - Duration: 1:53.

-------------------------------------------

Learn Colors with Wooden Face Hammer Xylophone & Masha and The Bear - Nursery Rhymes and Kids Songs - Duration: 4:25.

Subscribe now and start Enjoy & Have Fun!

Subscribe now and start Enjoy & Have Fun!

Subscribe now and start Enjoy & Have Fun!

For more infomation >> Learn Colors with Wooden Face Hammer Xylophone & Masha and The Bear - Nursery Rhymes and Kids Songs - Duration: 4:25.

-------------------------------------------

Video: Some late rain after a cloud-filled day - Duration: 1:32.

For more infomation >> Video: Some late rain after a cloud-filled day - Duration: 1:32.

-------------------------------------------

Planning Commission Oct 10, 2017 - Duration: 1:21:29.

For more infomation >> Planning Commission Oct 10, 2017 - Duration: 1:21:29.

-------------------------------------------

Roundtable discussion with Bernard Feringa, Nobel laureate in chemistry - Duration: 27:59.

- Welcome all.

I'm Kathy Mykleby.

I'm a local journalist

with a television station in Milwaukee, WISN 12,

and I have a great appreciation for science,

so I couldn't be in better company.

I also love the idea of anything

that brings people together,

and this event is indeed inspired

by the love of science around the world.

From the Dutch city of Groningen?

- Correct.

- All right, to the Wisconsin the city of Milwaukee.

Correct? All right.

(chuckling)

They are known for riding bicycles,

those two wheeled things that you pedal

with your own feet. - That's right.

- We have our Harleys, which is something else,

but both cities are surrounded by industry,

and farmland, and an appreciation of the old world.

Groningen and Milwaukee

are proud to have campuses and faculty

dedicated to scientific expertise.

Our panel today, our distinguished guest,

Dr. Bernard Feringa,

who is the Jacobus van 't Hoff

Distinguished Professor of Molecular Sciences

at the Stratingh Institute for Chemistry

at the University of Groningen.

Among his honors,

well this is tough,

Professor Feringa was awarded

the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2016.

That's pretty wonderful in itself, isn't it?

Dr. Marija Gajdardziska.

- Yes.

- Pretty close, Dean of UWM Graduate School,

and professor in the Department of Physics,

and Dr. Douglas Stafford,

director of the Milwaukee Institute for Drug Discovery

and executive director of the Shimadzu Laboratory

at UWM's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.

I should point out that the lab is behind us,

and it's exceptional.

It is fitting that this panel is meeting at UWM,

a Tier I research university,

ranked among the best nationally,

and a key contributor also to home

to Milwaukee's entrepreneurial vitality.

Importantly, UWM works hard

to make research approachable

which is also, I believe, what Dr. Feringa is all about,

so that it can be an inspiration

in science, and learning,

and it will increase science literacy

for virtually everybody.

With this in mind, our goal today is to

get deeper insights into scientific inspiration

and the impact on science learning.

I get to ask the first question,

because I get to lead this discussion,

and keep the molecules running in the right direction

and get much done in a short period of time.

On the scale of discovery,

I worry a little bit that people are thinking

there's nothing to wonder about anymore,

but really in your regard,

there were a scale of say nano to 10,

where are we in discovery these days?

- I think we are at nano of course.

We have just scratched the surface.

If you think of the possibilities of science,

what we have learned over the past 100 years,

or 150 years, and what we are heading towards

it is absolutely fantastic.

There is a whole world in front of us

that we have not discovered.

We have to go beyond the borders

and to go in this unknown territory

where we can discover.

It's amazing what is still possible, you know?

And what will be possible.

You will see amazing, amazing discoveries

in the years to come.

- Along that line, you made a comment several years ago

that nature provides all the inspiration that you need

when thinking about science.

How do we connect young people with nature

and to get that inspiration?

- Yes, I grew up on a farm as a small boy,

and I got inspired by nature a lot,

but yeah, think about mother nature around you,

and then try to translate it into the world's problems

that we want to solve.

I use always this example as I will do this afternoon.

We looked at the flying bird,

and the Wright brothers did slightly over 100 years ago.

They were able for the first time to fly,

and now we have the Boeing 747s.

I came with this a big plane here.

It's completely artificial.

The flying principle is completely distinct from the bird.

We admired the bird

before the purpose of carrying 350 people

from Amsterdam up here.

It's better to have a Boeing 747,

(laughing)

and it works perfectly well,

although we also have to be modest

talking about what we don't know.

We cannot build a bird.

We cannot build a single cell of a bird yet

or a part of that cell of the bird.

There is a loss to be invented and discovered,

but yes, admire the beauty of mother nature

and translate that in concepts of science

and then we will move forward.

- You mentioned that you were born on a farm

and I actually saw that in Wikipedia,

in your Nobel presentation.

It really is very important and very meaningful

because the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

is a top-tier research university,

but our mission is also to provide access

to students from all walks of life.

We have a lot of first-generation students,

students from underrepresented minorities,

and we're always trying to figure out

how to engage them in science.

What is the right time?

Is it the undergraduate research experience?

Is it that Masters thesis, the goal of dissertation?

What really got you hooked to science

and what works for you to get other people

engaged in science?

- That is a fairly important question.

I think first of all you mentioned it.

I am also from a rural area.

My parents were farmers.

We got the opportunity to study,

and I think it's really important

that everybody has a talent,

that he can employ his talent

and go into studies.

In high school I had excellent teachers

and that helped a lot.

Then I entered into the University into chemistry

and I was fascinated by the wonderful world of chemistry,

you know, the colors, the smells,

the beautiful molecules that you can design,

and in fact in chemistry, realized in many disciplines,

you can design your own molecular world.

Think of new drugs that are also developed

in this department.

To encourage students in this way,

to go into studying and asking questions,

asking questions about what is possible, et cetera,

and to learn, I think it's really important.

This creativity that is so common to the natural scientists,

and to stimulate questions and ask about mother nature.

I think that helps a lot,

and it's our task as teachers because I feel it like that.

- You need a reality show.

(laughing)

- We should stimulate young people!

- Some kind of a reality show with scientists

living in the same room.

- Yeah! (laughing)

- Coming up with all kinds of--

Yeah, right.

- It's a lot of fun you know.

Science is a lot of fun,

and it's beautiful.

I feel often like an artist.

Isn't it beautiful?

When I made my first molecule,

I often tell the story, I got so excited.

It felt like making a piece of music or a piece of art.

- You mentioned teaching,

and I'm sure through your career

you've experienced some outstanding teachers.

What makes the great teacher in science?

- I think somebody that can make clear

the basis of your topic,

but also can go beyond that

and put it in the proper context,

and also set you thinking

that you as a student are going to ask questions

because also a teacher doesn't know--

I mean, what we teach of course

is the state of affairs

of science as it is at this moment,

but that is based upon our experiments,

on our models, on our calculations.

It's our insights that we have now.

That doesn't necessarily mean

that we couldn't go beyond that,

and I think we should train our students

to go beyond the states of what we know,

the current knowledge, yeah?

Because our destiny in the end is knowledge,

inventions, discovery.

- Engagement I kind of hear.

- Yeah, yeah.

- The professor doesn't just end up in front of the room

and tell you, "This is what I did.

"I got the Nobel Prize."

- No. - "This is what I did."

You want to engage the students to sort of

communicate with you, and back and forth.

- Absolutely, what I do is

the door of my office always open.

When new students come in,

I encourage them to discuss,

and I say, "Look, we have some ideas

"about a project to work on,

"but you are all extremely talented

"because you are here at the University

"and you are at the beginning of your career.

"Please try to be better than I am."

- Spread your wings.

Another bird analogy. - Yeah, spread your wings.

- I try to challenge them

and say, "Look, please use your talents."

- For undergraduate students,

we put an awful lot of effort

to provide an authentic research experience.

That is a requirement in our counselory department.

It seems like there's nothing quite like

being the first person in the world to have seen something.

When that result comes out of the plate reader,

you are the first one in the world,

and isn't it part of a teacher is to inspire students

for what discovery is all about?

- Absolutely, this feeling of discovery.

I think what you see when you have small kids

even in kindergarten you have the small kids,

and I go to school now,

elementary schools to talk with them

and you see this beautiful glow in their eyes

when you talk about small discoveries, et cetera.

It's wonderful, and I think we should stimulate

that kind of attitude of thinking,

being critical attitude, but also the joy of discovery.

It's really important.

- Yes, there's nothing like it.

- Well, you push graduate school though, right?

- Oh yes, so I'll ask you about the big kids.

(laughing)

The real secret of how we got you to come

to UWM is that one of your scientific children,

one of your PhDs is a professor now

here in the chemistry department at UWM,

so how important are your doctoral students

for everything that you do

and for the process of discovery?

- When I got this call from Stockholm

which is like a boy's or girl's dream of course,

the first thing I realized and I mentioned in public is

this is the work of the whole team.

All these generations of students,

undergraduate students, graduate students, PhDs,

everybody in the lab that together made this possible,

and it was of course the work of several decades

because these were complicated problems

that we had to work on,

but it's the work of everyone.

Everybody put in his or her talent to make this possible,

so I owe a tremendous gratitude

to my students who made this all possible,

and it was a joy to work with all these young talents

to be able to reach this and to do this.

There were projects that were not easy.

Reasonably we solved the problem

that we have been working on for 20 years.

Imagine, that's five--

No, that's five generations of PhD students

because a PhD at home is four years,

five generations that constantly worked on it

and finally we got the breakthrough,

so sometimes it needs perseverance.

It needs also to be a bit daring of course,

and to challenge each other.

The students challenged me a lot,

and that's really great.

I enjoy that.

- It's got to be daring, and we have to ask,

you get the call from Stockholm.

What do you do when someone calls you and says,

"You've just won the Nobel Prize!"

- Yeah, that was very interesting.

I was discussing with my students

just in my office about a project.

It was a tough project,

and my first reaction was a bit, "Who is disturbing me?"

- I don't believe this, this is a prank call.

(laughing)

- Then I got this call, and I realized it was the secretary

of the Nobel Committee,

so I sent the students into the corridor,

and then after four or five minutes he said to me,

I heard, "Dr. Feringa are you still there?

"It's so silent."

(laughing)

I said, "Yes, I'm completely in shock,"

and then I mumbled something like,

"I'm extremely proud of course,

"but I'm still a bit in shock,"

because it came so unexpected.

This is not something that you expect to get

because you work in the lab with students,

you teach, you do your research.

There was one occasion though

that because people asked me then,

did you expect to get a Nobel Prize?

There was of course sometimes thought about

people mentioning this field, this area

might get the Nobel Prize sometime,

but you don't really think about it

because we do our job and we teach, and we do research.

One evening in 2011,

I was called by a colleague from the United States

who said, "Did you realize you were, last night,

"on American television?"

I said, "Come on, you are joking."

He said, "Yes, you are in The Simpsons."

(exclaiming)

A week before the Nobel Prize announcement that year

there was The Simpsons,

and they had a bet on the Nobel Prize

in chemistry, and physics, and math, et cetera,

and so Moerner from Stanford,

my name, and another name was there.

Moerner got the Nobel Prize in 2014, I got it last year.

I thought this is the highlight of my career as a scientist.

It can never be any better

being on The Simpsons on American television.

- Oh my goodness, and that does promote science too

because you do see Bart Simpson

writing that same lesson over, and over, and over again.

I will love science. I will love science.

Maybe you start there, I don't know.

How funny is that?

- Yes.

- Well, you have managed to kind of

bring science to--

You're obviously a very down-to-earth person

and very charismatic,

but you have brought it to the level

that others can understand like me.

We've got some brainpower over here.

I'm the kind of person who has to try to

describe science to other people.

You make it very easy.

- Thank you very much,

but I think it is really important

that we as scientists do a better job

to bring science to the general public.

Even to the politicians,

and I don't want to talk about politics,

but also in Europe we get this question

about why is science so useful

and why do we spend so much money?

I would argue the best investment you can do

is in your youth,

because they will bring our society forward.

Invest in your future,

and that is by investing in teaching and research.

- Can we go back to one of the things you talked about

as far as research and these high-end projects,

and you also made some comments about

scientists need to take risks,

and I'm sure in your career you have taken many risks.

I mean, even made the comparison

to the Dutch explorers discovering the new world.

How can a young scientist take risks these days?

How do they get funding? How did they get publications?

How do they get tenure and universities

if you take too many risks?

How do you balance that?

- That is a really important question.

The balance between the risk and--

I always tell my young people

and I gave this advice also to Dr. Arnold

when he started his independent career

or he was a PhD student, walk on two feet.

So try at least to do something highly riskful,

but if you work only on that foot,

you might walk for five years

and don't get any results.

If you get a result, it will give you the name of course,

and it will give you your own field,

but also walk on the other foot

that you have good balance

because you have also to do something

that is maybe less riskful but will give you solid results,

will give you a grant, and will give you a publication,

a couple of publications that you need to get tenure,

et cetera, and to build the next steps.

You cannot afford, certainly not these days,

maybe it was 30, 40, 50 years ago different,

but nowadays you have to show at least some result

and that you have made progress.

Also, the students deserve it, you know?

Because when you are a PhD student, you suppose,

and you don't get any publishable result

we have also the obligation to help

our young people, our students,

to make the next steps in their career,

and so I always try to balance that,

but certainly you have to take risks

because we go in an area or in areas

where we don't know what is out there.

That is research, no?

- It's great to hear good news out of chemistry,

but there can be bad news.

Obviously things can go awry.

You can have spills, you can have bombs,

so what is it that the scientists,

what you hope from the scientists

as far as their approach to discovery?

- Obviously as you are a chemist,

and you can make all these products from drugs,

to plastics, to dyes.

We know we use plastics everywhere,

but there's also this problem,

for instance of plastics in the ocean, these tiny particles.

We as scientists have a duty

to take a critical attitude to watch what we produce.

We try to make our materials that we use in everyday life,

be it in our cars, or in our drugs, or in our smart phones,

as safe as possible

and produce it in a sustainable way,

but of course there are, like with many other things,

there are also the downsides of it,

and we better be aware and train our students

and educate about these kind of things,

and try to find solutions

like I see here for instance, water treatment,

analyzing how much metals there are in the wastewater

or what are we going to do

with biodegration of plastics for instance?

All these things are important,

and this offers tremendous opportunities also for science

to move forward.

We should not deny it,

we should take it as an opportunity, a challenge

because we have to do better in certain aspects.

- Once you discover something,

you shouldn't give up on discovering something

at a new level.

- Of course not.

- The Shimadzu Lab here is working on

asthma medication right now

to try to make it easier,

to try to make it faster and more effective.

That's amazing!

- How fantastic can it be,

and how rewarding and on the way

to solve this asthma problem

which will help a tremendous number of people?

You might find completely different things

that can help to solve other medical problems.

- Serendipity! (chuckles)

I love serendipity, that's always--

- Yeah, I mean you sometimes stumble on something

that you think, "Wow,

"This is also science."

- Speaking of serendipity,

in my work in the physics

we discovered by chance and new material,

two-dimensional graphene, which I have said

is essentially CO in a solid form,

and normally we'd publish, we give presentations,

but these days at universities,

there's also an emphasis on patenting,

on doing startup companies,

and also preparing our students

when they get their PhD's, their masters, their bachelors,

not only look at positions in academia or national labs,

but also look at companies,

or even start their own companies.

In your life, you were at a company,

and then you returned to a University.

What is your sense about the importance

of having research in these multiple environments,

and how are they to balance each other

so that we are pulling in the good direction?

- I think this is really an important issue

in the whole academic environment.

Of course universities, the academic institutes

have their own mission.

We should do basic research, and we should train students,

but beyond that there is a lot of opportunities

to cooperate with industries, to look at societal problems

and this is also an important part of our duties.

I have during my whole career worked with industries.

I started even some startup companies myself.

I encourage my students to do that.

I worked, after my PhD, 6 1/2 years for Shell,

a major oil company,

and to me at was a tremendous learning opportunity

to go out of the comfort zone of the academic world

to learn how companies operate,

how you have to make products

and put them into the market, how to run a factory.

I think you can learn a lot,

so I usually try to do is

at least at the master level,

to send our students to companies for a couple of months

or to experience this different world

and when you then go back in academia,

at least you get a flavor of

"When I work on this problem and I see an opportunity

"for application where we can solve a problem

"like in society, or make a new industry,

"or start a startup,"

I think we should encourage our students a lot

because we cannot only rely on the big companies

that have been always there.

There is tremendous opportunities

for new entrepreneurship itself.

A lot of things come out of academia these days,

so I think there is a fantastic opportunities

for universities, and I see it here in Milwaukee.

I see it also in other universities.

Honestly, I think United States is a little bit ahead of us

with this attitude of entrepreneurialship

you see it now also coming in Europe

but it's really important messages for our young people.

It's not only about academic training.

It's also about what's out there in the world.

- Right. - That's interesting.

Milwaukee actually is the home

of the invention of the typewriter.

I just remembered that. (laughing)

There's a street corner you can go to

and it'll say, "Milwaukee is the home of the typewriter."

- Also beer, right?

- Beer, oh a little beer as well, yes.

Beer too. - Just a little bit.

- But you say that America is ahead in something

and that's pretty phenomenal for people to hear

because so often we hear, especially in sciences,

that we might be slipping.

That we are not pushing hard enough.

- I cannot judge that.

There is fantastic science,

I see here also a great institute

with cutting-edge science.

In general I would say what I have experienced

over the past 25 to 30 years

is that the entrepreneurial attitude

of young people in the United States

is better present than in Europe.

Now it's catching up in Europe,

and we put a lot of effort on startups,

there are industries, or parks at universities.

People try to stimulate young people

to start their own companies,

but here it's more like an attitude.

"Start your own business. It's fine, it's great.

"Take that risk,"

and we can learn from America in that respect.

- I think that mindset is really part of what we are doing

in the laboratory behind us,

because we receive funding from the state of Wisconsin,

our regional government.

With the notion of better connecting

the University resource

with the intellectual capability as well as instrumentation

that a small startup company could never buy

a triple quad mass spectrometer.

I think that's really important for universities

to have that as part of their mission,

and that seems to be a little bit different

from the traditional teaching of students

rather than being a supporter of economic development

and the industrial vitality of a region,

I think we try to do that.

- I think so,

now if I were doing a story about this right now,

I'd ask you for crying out loud,

describe what a quado-whata-whata-whata does

in real life?

- I fully agree that when you can build these fat facilities

and then have really state of the art

but it's big investments

that a small company never can do,

but then you can use this as a kind of

breeder facility for several startups,

or connect with local industries, et cetera.

You will benefit from both sides

because to maintain such a facility is also expensive,

so if you team up then with small industries

or with major industries,

you can then together invest in the future.

I think it is a very good model, yeah?

- I think too is our students understand how industry works.

- Absolutely.

- Both wheels are turning at the same time,

and I think that's important.

They can get a little bit of a taste,

maybe that's the direction they want to go

as you went to Shell after--

- They get to the contacts with industry,

they then learn about how to approach things

which is often a bit different from what we do

in fundamental research of course,

and there are a lot of parameters to develop a product.

We all know a product to the market is a bit different

game than only working on fundamental science,

so the students can automatically learn a lot from that,

so yes, I would say it's a win-win situation.

- What is the flip switch for all of you?

When did you think you went, "Oh, science

"is just awesome!"

How old are you? What was going on?

- I was always interested in asking questions

and this bit of adventure of an uncertain thing.

When I worked as an early graduate student,

I did my first small research project.

I had an American professor by the way

trained in America,

and he gave us tough problems.

He said, "We want to compete

"with the best schools in America."

That was a good driver for me,

and then I got to--

I remember that I made my first molecule

and I came to the office of the professor and he said,

"This molecule has never been made before,

"not even in America,"

and I was so excited (laughing)

that I made a molecule.

It was an absolutely useless molecule,

but I was so excited.

This is my piece of music. I made this for the first time.

- That's awesome. How about you, Marija?

- For me, I think definitely high school,

but the real moment which set me

on the trajectory for sure

was an undergraduate research experience.

I got to go to Grenoble, France

and that's a city for physics and for skiing,

and I love both of those things.

(laughing)

Having that experience when you are working on real science,

something where even my professor at that time,

Jean-Claude P.B. Parolli,

his PhD advisor had a Nobel Prize in atomic physics

so I worked with somebody

who was once the primo for a Nobel Prize

just like people who were working with

Alexander around here have that connection,

and working alongside

on something that even he didn't know

what the answer would be,

so doing something that nobody the whole world

knows what the answer is to.

It's not in the back of any book,

and I think that's the biggest privilege

you can have as a human being.

- [Dr. Feringa] Right, absolutely.

- It's almost better than falling in love, I don't know.

(laughing)

- My answer is very simple.

When I was in college starting off,

I had some really great teachers.

That's why we talked about teachers, and being inspired,

I just got, "I want to do that."

These people are in total control of the field,

they love what they are doing,

and they love being with students,

and what could be a better thing to want to pursue

as a career?

It was really an inspiration by teachers.

- This excitement of maybe making a discovery,

something that nobody has done before,

and I fully agree with you,

I consider it a privilege.

I consider it a great privilege

that I've worked my whole career

with the most talented bright young boys and girls

in the world.

It's fantastic,

and you have a family all over the world

by science, it's everywhere!

- So is that what you are doing with your science now,

traveling the world, or are you still in the labs?

- We have a big group working in the lab,

and I hope my boys and girls are working

and still get very excited.

We do cool things there,

but yes, I travel quite a lot.

I go to schools to talk with children.

There is a lot of demand now,

but I enjoy it, and as I said before,

it is a great privilege to work with them.

- Well, I'd love to talk for hours,

but I think we have to wrap up.

- I think we actually-- - Go to the real lecture.

- Have to go to the real lecture,

and in my business, we call chemistry

this sort of energy that's between

the people doing the news

and jumping out of that box with the glass in front of it

to get to people's homes.

I'd say we've got some chemistry going on here.

We should take this show on the road,

but you've got another event,

so what a pleasure, thank you.

- Thank you. - Thank you.

- Thank you, my pleasure.

- Oh, it was wonderful, thank you.

- Thank you. - Thank you.

- Thank you, pleasure. Thank you so much.

For more infomation >> Roundtable discussion with Bernard Feringa, Nobel laureate in chemistry - Duration: 27:59.

-------------------------------------------

Most beautiful version of Celine Dion Because You Loved Me Cover with Kalia Rose and LewisLuong - Duration: 5:07.

Title: Most beautiful version of Celine Dion Because You Loved Me Cover with Kalia Rose and LewisLuong

For more infomation >> Most beautiful version of Celine Dion Because You Loved Me Cover with Kalia Rose and LewisLuong - Duration: 5:07.

-------------------------------------------

ブラジルの最先端自動車教習所のゴーカート!?Simulador[Vlog#25] - Duration: 6:39.

Hi, how are you? It's Harumi.

Well, it's like a month ago

that I passed the written test.

And the next process is this 'simulador'

simulation?

which has started in 2017.

It seems like go karts.

This new process has 5 hours

for us to learn mechanic and driving.

So today I wanna film a bit.

(I have to take a profile photo every time.)

(Even my age is shown on the screen.)

(There're orientations about car systems.)

(Fasten the seat belt..)

(Start driving)

(It's difficult to keep 20km/h.)

(Controlling the clutch and changing the gears..)

(Hill start practice)

(Too much information is making me confused.!)

(Rolling backwards on the hill..!)

A--nd the engine stops..)

(I've driven a manual car.)

(Buuut..only when I took a driving licence in Japan)

(drove for a few hours at the driving school..)

(I don't even remember the basic technic.)

(Why isn't this an automatic car!?)

(Sorry that I can't drive properly..!)

(Let's try again.)

(Time's up..I couldn't do the hill start..)

Finished!

Like this..

Manual car...so difficult!

Look..

It's really a manual car.

I have driven

a manual car..

at the driving school in Japan..

It's hard..why isn't it automatic..?

This simulation has 50 minutes.

They have a fingerprint authentication

so it's managed by the computer

therefore we have to wait the time's up

even we finish earlier.

But this practice usually has half an hour only

so about 20 minutes

we just wait time goes by..

So what's so hard..?

I'm not used to manual car so

first of all I get confused

thinking what to do.

Everything's of course in Portuguese like..

break,

clutch..

and I go like "What what..what do I do now!?"

Oh, I'm so tired..!

You have to pay for simulador separately

which costs 70 reais por hora.

It's like $25..

2000 something yen..

around there..

It's quite expensive.

And..

Aula teórica..

The academic class was also like that,

that always had an hour and every 50 minutes

we had to do fingerprint authentication.

But the real class only had a half of them

like showing videos and stuff.

so the other 20 minutes..

the half the class

actually we do nothing..

Here people use their time so relaxed..

Laid back..

I heard that DETRAN,

the driving department,

is trying to get our money

by increasing the hours of the class.

Now we have 45 hours of the academic part,

5 hours of simulation

and 20 hours of driving,

70 hours in total,

which wasn't that much before.

But it can increase even more.

It can increase but actually

there isn't that much stuff to do

so we waste a lot of time.

What a waste of time..

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét