Chủ Nhật, 29 tháng 10, 2017

Waching daily Oct 29 2017

So this is what you call the

Chicken Burger

So we're here to try

these cheese tarts

PABLO Mini The Cheese Tart

PABLO Mini The Cheese Tart

For more infomation >> ATE THIS in BGC - Duration: 3:37.

-------------------------------------------

English Grammar: Future with WILL vs BE GOING TO - Duration: 4:48.

Hi there, Vladimir here with another video about English Grammar

Not all languages have Future tense.

The Japanese language for instance doesn't and that's perfectly fine

it doesn't prevent Japanese people from developing futuristic technology

Just look at their space-age toilets

yes, that's my throne

Some languages don't have future tenses but English does

and the first word that comes to mind when talking about the future is WILL

Remember the WILL, don't forget the WILL.

Remember the WILL, don't forget the WILL.

WILL is the most common way of expressing future time

What will you do tomorrow?

What will you do next week?

I will see my friend tomorrow.

I will go to England next week.

To make the future less certain you can add the word PROBABLY:

I will probably see my friend tomorrow.

I will probably go to England next week.

The short form of WILL is I'LL

The short form of WILL NOT is WON'T

which sounds awfully similar to WANT, just a little longer

Don't worry, context takes care of everything, No one will get confused

the Future with BE GOING TO

I am going to see my friend tomorrow

I will see my friend tomorrow

What is the difference?

don't worry about that

You won't have time to think about that

next time you try to make a sentence about the future

They basically mean the same thing, both sentences are about the future

It is not going to rain tomorrow

It won't rain tomorrow

Same thing

There are other ways of expressing the future:

I will see my friend tomorrow (will)

I am going to see my friend tomorrow (be going to)

I will be seeing my friend tomorrow (future progressive/continuous)

I am seeing my friend tomorrow (present progressive/continuous)

The thing is

in a real face-to-face conversation, you won't have time to choose among the 4

therefore, the first grammar you need to master is Future Simple with WILL.

Remember the WILL

One thing you should know about grammar, you shouldn't study grammar haphazardly, randomly.

You should have a systematic, step-by-step approach to

studying Grammar and English in general

This type of videos, covering random grammar points, are not all that useful

That's why I wrote a grammar book, which gives you an easy-to-difficult, step-by-step

approach to learning English Grammar

My book English Grammar and Functions

is available on Amazon and virtuallynative.com

For more infomation >> English Grammar: Future with WILL vs BE GOING TO - Duration: 4:48.

-------------------------------------------

Pastor Robin John and Rose - God's Design For Your Life - Duration: 3:12:16.

For more infomation >> Pastor Robin John and Rose - God's Design For Your Life - Duration: 3:12:16.

-------------------------------------------

戰鬥陀螺 B-95 抽抽包 6盒機率測試! - Duration: 10:01.

For more infomation >> 戰鬥陀螺 B-95 抽抽包 6盒機率測試! - Duration: 10:01.

-------------------------------------------

【DIY】お手軽ドッキリ:ドッキリの無いドッキリ The no-prank prank - Duration: 6:32.

Hey everyone, Nihon Jack is Back!

Today, I am going to no-prank prank my sister!

*laughs*

Looking at the comments,

His sister knowns!

This is so fake!

I see these comments.

They are right.

Well, in a way they are right.

I am trying to show how to do pranks.

But actually playing them on my sister is fun.

My sister knows that I am up to

something...

But she does not know what that *something* is.

So today, I am going to be using

things that are totally normal.

I want to see what she will do.

She'll think that I have done something.

I wonder how long it will take for her to realize

that this time the prank is that there are no pranks.

1. Beyblade non-prank

Hey, Sis!

Yo, Sis!

What's up?

That is interesting.

Yep.

What is it?

A Beyblade.

I'm scared.

What?

What?

Nothing happened.

What is wrong with this?

2. PPAP, non-prank.

Pen-pineapple-apple-pen

Hey, Sis!

What you want?

What is that?

Huh?

What am I supposed to do with these?

There is nothing!!!

What am I supposed to do with them?!

There is nothing!

What is up with these?!

What? What is going on?!

3. Gum, non-prank

Nothing is wrong with these.

I got some gum here!

Am I going to get shocked?

I don't want to open it.

It's normal!!!

4. Jam, non-prank

Hey, what is it?

I have some jam.

What am I supposed to do?

What is that supposed to mean?

Put it on the bread.

Can I eat it?

What's wrong with it?

You won't know until you try it!

Just a bite.

Just a bite.

Just a bite!

Just one bite!

There is nothing wrong with it!

What is wrong with it?

There's nothing...

It doesn't do anything!

Pranked you!

What?

What?

This isn't a prank!

Is there pee in this?!

What is wrong with it?!!!

Today's prank is that there is no prank!

Huh?

Whuh?

But that isn't a prank.

Maybe.

But, since you thought it was a prank, it is a prank.

It is a reverse prank!

What?

A backwards prank?

I know what that means!

Hey everyone, this video was fun!

Please subscribe.

Also, please leave a like!

Jack it up!!!

For more infomation >> 【DIY】お手軽ドッキリ:ドッキリの無いドッキリ The no-prank prank - Duration: 6:32.

-------------------------------------------

DARK WEB RED ROOMS | WHAT IS RED ROOM ? EXPLAINED IN (বাংলা) - Duration: 4:43.

For more infomation >> DARK WEB RED ROOMS | WHAT IS RED ROOM ? EXPLAINED IN (বাংলা) - Duration: 4:43.

-------------------------------------------

The Most Important Thing I've Learnt So Far As An Adult - Duration: 10:42.

Hello internet world

It's me Evelyn

kidding okay hello internet world it's me

Danielle and I'm here sick but I was just thinking about something lying in

bed and I said I'm going to make a video because it's something that I think is

important and I really really want to remember it so okay so this is the video

so I was thinking that I think this is one of the most important things

that I've learned so far in my adult life so far I mean we're not

that far into it but you know where I am right now I think this is one of the

most important things that I've learnt

so this is it

it is that how people treat you is not dependent on you but it's completely

dependent on them and all right so yeah I don't know for some reason I think

that I I have always had the impression that that was not the case until

recently like I said in ma you know twenties which I am in now I guess it was

kind of a process of discovering or discovering what I believe now to be

the case which is that it is not dependent on you but it's dependent on them

for some reason I always had the impression that you know how people

treat you is dependent on you as a person like for example if someone is

treating you well then it is because you you know you are pleasant or you are just

courteous even if you're not necessarily pleasant but you know you're courteous

you'e you go on good you know you act sensible you act okay

you're not like unpleasant and just you know them kind of

people right and if someone is treating

you poorly then you know it is because you know the person is not acting well

the person is not acting in a way that is appropriate etc

I'm including including my own actions so I would include my own actions in

that in that to say that okay the people that I treat well they are people who

you know are nice people good people etc etc and people that I treat not well are

people that you know are not acting in a way that is positive

etc so on and so forth well I think that that's false I think that the

truth of the situation where I stand now just from my personal perspective my

opinion is that how about anybody treats so if I am treating someone poorly it is

not because the person is necessarily acting in a bad way

it's just because I am maybe having a bad day a bad week a bad year a bad ten

years you know whatever and it is me it's my internal state that is coming out

and it's really acting that way towards that person and vice versa you know if

someone is treating me me poorly it has nothing to do with my actions it is just

that you know the person is in a bad place they're not doing well

etc whatever I mean it could be so many things there's no shortage of of you

know trials on hardships that we all have to go through here on earth so it

could be various various things but you know the person is not treating you well

because one of those things um so yeah

yeah so basically because I think I don't know I don't know if this sounds

sensible to other people I know for sure maybe even up to three or four years ago

it wouldn't have sounded very sensible to me but the thing is that

if someone is acting poorly you know if someone is not being kind or you know

they're acting really badly etc it is completely possible to

treat that person well you know it's not a given that okay someone is acting like

an asshole and you know you have to necessarily respond to that person with

a negative response it doesn't have to be that way and of course well I don't

know I won't say of course but you know if you've ever dealt with a child you

know that's the case because children I mean 50 50 50 percent of the time they

are wonderful great lovely you know and then the other 50% of the time they're

just like meh you know but I think generally speaking

we don't tend to treat children in that particular way even when they are being

generally speaking that's I mean oh actually no lie erase that generally

speaking I believe that people do treat children that way especially in the

Caribbean but at least I think I don't I don't consider myself to be like that I

think I generally children nicely regardless of how they're acting but

that's just me personally and I think that many at least women tend to be like

that I think I could be completely wrong I don't know that's just what I think so

yeah um so yeah yeah now the other thing that I want to point out it's not is

that none of this is to say that if that an individual cannot be an asshole or cannot

be in some way deserving of poor treatment I don't believe that's the

case you know I like when people call me out on my bad actions you know if I'm

being an asshole then I would like for someone to tell me or even if they can't

tell me then I am okay in a sense with you know someone not really treating me

positively because my actions are not positive however I would like to make

the distinction that the person is not treating me that way because of

my actions it's because they're using the opportunity to get rid of some of

their own negativity and it just so happens you know hey I'm being an

asshole right now so you know it's okay kind of in a sense that's how I would

look at it but it's it's not because of my actions it is just that the person

has some negativity inside of them that they would like to get rid of and so

they're using the opportunity and it just so happens that hey I'm being an

asshole so hey you know karma karma works in that way everything is all good

in my opinion and again it's also possible that you know you could be

acting completely normally you could be acting completely fine and somebody just

has that negativity that negativity inside of them and they're willing to

unleash it onto you you know again what can I say I don't know karma you know

the universe whatever it's all happening for a reason right but I think it's

really important for me to remember this it's very difficult for me to always

remember this because I think that I was raised to think the complete opposite I

was kind of raised I don't want to say raised I don't think like anybody ever

said this to me in a particular way but I don't know I think it's just the

like the whole world I don't I do not know I don't know but I don't know I

just feel like I it's very natural for me to think that how people treat me is

a reflection of how I'm acting towards them and I just really want to remind

myself that at least from what I can see and from what I think I have been

meaning to learn over these past few years that this is not the case you know

and that when people sort of I think that sometimes people do try and and do

that intentionally possibly because they they think that it's true you know which

is that you know if I'm treating you poorly then it's because you're acting

poorly and maybe people don't really see it as well I'm just treating this person

poorly because I in myself have some negativity that out that I need to get

rid of you know maybe people don't see it that way and

so it's very easy for some people to say well you know look why are you acting

this way don't you see that whatever whatever whatever and in those times I

have to really remind myself the person isn't treating me this way because of

anything that I have or haven't done they're treating me this way because you

know because they they just

they are and it doesn't have anything to do

with me and my actions there's not much that I can actually do to change the

person's action the only thing that I really have control over is myself I

have control over my actions and my reactions but I don't really have any

control over someone else's actions and someone else's reactions to me yeah and

I think that it's taken me a long time to even grasp that like even a little

snippet of it which i think is where I'm at now and maybe this video will make me

grasp like a little a little bit more like a bigger

piece of the seed and then hopefully with time I'll be able to fully

understand that idea and it will just be maybe second nature hopefully to me so

yeah that's what I wanted to say mommy I don't know if this counts as Song Sunday

mek mi sing a likke tune it's raining all around me yes it's actually raining

there's another typhoon coming so yeah that's what I have to say everybody bless

up yourself have a wonderful day night evening everything

For more infomation >> The Most Important Thing I've Learnt So Far As An Adult - Duration: 10:42.

-------------------------------------------

THIS APP WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER SPEAKER - Duration: 3:52.

For more infomation >> THIS APP WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER SPEAKER - Duration: 3:52.

-------------------------------------------

creative easy rangoli designs with dots * simple kolam designs * easy muggulu designs - Duration: 1:47.

rangoli designs with dots 5

For more infomation >> creative easy rangoli designs with dots * simple kolam designs * easy muggulu designs - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

SURAH AL-KAHF 18 AYAT [ 45 - 77 ] VERY SOFT RECITATION WITH SPANISH SUBTITLES BY HAZZA AL BALOSHI - Duration: 9:23.

For more infomation >> SURAH AL-KAHF 18 AYAT [ 45 - 77 ] VERY SOFT RECITATION WITH SPANISH SUBTITLES BY HAZZA AL BALOSHI - Duration: 9:23.

-------------------------------------------

Guild Wars 2 - Let's Make Some Quick and Easy Gold - Daily Alt Parking Spots - Duration: 4:45.

Unused lazy alts.

We all have them.

You may utilize some as pack mules or low-level salvage slaves, but for sure you have at least

one that just sits there and catching dust.

Well, let's turn them into a daily profit.

Actually, there are plenty of activities that provide some profit from alts, like Multiwood

but what we really want today is something that takes minimal time and effort.

And that is parking.

Basically, you move your alts into a specific location, log them once per day for a few

seconds and pick lucrative stuff.

All mentioned options are daily character bound.

It means that each of your characters can get them once per day.

The first spot is on the end of Sharkmaw Cavern jumping puzzle in the south-east corner of

Lion's Arch.

It's primarily for low-level characters and since it's on core Tyria map, F2P accounts

can use it as well.

The main loot here are Doublons.

You can either drop Silver ones with characters around level 25 or Platinum around level 53.

Drop chance is around 10%.

With Greens and gemstones, it's decent daily profit.

The end of this jumping puzzle is easily accessible with a Mesmer portal or you can watch my jumping

guide.

The second spot is Chest on the end of Searing Ascent Jumping Puzzle in Draconis Mons.

To get there you have to buy an expansion Heart of Thorns and Living World Season 3

Episode 5 - Flashpoint.

The Chest has the same drops on every level, but only level 80 characters can enter this

zone.

Lower ones can use Teleport to Friend but it's most likely not intended.

The main drops are one guaranteed rare item and 3 Fire Orchid Blossoms what can be converted

into Unbound Magic and used for further profit.

Jumping puzzle is quite long and difficult, but you can use my guide with TacO markers

and mounts speeds it up as well.

The third spot requires Heart of Thorns with Living World Season 3 Episode 3 - A Crack

in the Ice.

This time it's not about chests but we will gather Corals.

The 6 fixed spots close to each other are underwater next to Sorrow's Eclipse Waypoint

in Bitterfrost Frontier.

Each Coral has very high chance to drop expensive Coral Orb.

Next spot is inside of a Tomb of the Primeval Kings in the Desert Highland.

This zone is only accessible with an expansion Path of Fire.

Inside the Tomb are 6 Chests, 3 in each room.

And then on the Snake statue in the first room is Lost Dwarven Chest.

There is also randomly placed at least one of Trade Chests, but it requires a key what

drops from various events or can be bought at Heart vendors.

On top of that is there Orichalcum Node.

Those chests drop mostly Unidentified Gear, rares and Trade Contracts.

The last spot is on the top of Sanctum of Nabkha in the south-east corner of Crystal

Oasis so the Expansion Path of Fire is required.

You have basically 2 ways how to get there.

The hard one thru series of sand portals with Jackal from the bottom.

Or if you own griffon just climb a few easy cliffs north from Temple of Kormir waypoint

and fly from the highest point directly on top.

3 big chests drop mostly Unidentified Gear and Trade Contracts.

For more infomation >> Guild Wars 2 - Let's Make Some Quick and Easy Gold - Daily Alt Parking Spots - Duration: 4:45.

-------------------------------------------

Accessibility Problems at Ryerson University Student Learning Centre (Short Version) - Duration: 12:25.

My name is David Lepofsky.

I'm the Chair of the Accessibility

for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Alliance.

I'm also a visiting professor at the Osgoode Hall Law School.

I'd like to take you on a tour

of the new Student Learning Centre at Ryerson University,

right in the middle of downtown Toronto at Gould and Yonge Street.

This building is supposed to be a hub

where students at Ryerson University can gather

for formal learning activities or informal socializing.

It's clear as we look around this building

that the intent was for there to be good accessibility provisions

for students, and faculty, and staff with disabilities.

But when we look closely,

in fact, we don't even have to look that closely,

we're gonna find out

that there are significant, recurring accessibility problems –

problems that would have been easily prevented.

Stairs.

On one set of the main lobby stairs is a pillar in the middle of the stairs.

I walk right into it.

When I finally find the handrail on the right side of this bizarre column

it doesn't lead me up the stairs to the landing.

Instead it loops me past the top of the column

and back down the adjacent stairs.

Normally, when you walk up a flight of stairs,

there's a railing at right angle to the stairs.

You hold the railing and walk up, without thinking about it.

Not here.

The main lobby's staircase goes up two floors.

Railings divide it into four parallel sets of stairs.

Look at the right hand stairs shown at the bottom of the plan.

The right handrail is skewed to the left

cutting in front of a person as they walk up the stairs.

Now, look at the left hand stairs shown at the top of the plan.

The left handrail is at a skewed angle too.

The left handrail first angles to the left

as you go up the stairs from the bottom,

then after that landing, that left handrail angles off to the right.

If you hold the railing like I did,

your feet are guided in the wrong direction.

This is a tripping hazard for blind people

and for those with balance issues.

Imagine if a student had a few drinks before trying this.

There are stairs with angled railings

outside the building going up to the front door...

and on the sixth floor,

in the student hangout area called the Beach Area.

Staircase railings should never be angled.

Designers may think it looks cool,

but it creates safety and accessibility problems.

The main lobby stairs railing has jagged metal

sticking out every few metres.

It jabs my hand as I go up the stairs.

On the sixth floor is a room called the Beach Area,

for students to hang out and study.

Up front is blue carpeting to look like water.

The rest of the room is sandy coloured, to look like a beach.

Stairs go from the front of the room up to the back of the room.

There is a landing between each short flight of stairs.

The stairs don't follow a straight path from the front of the room to the back.

Speeding up the video, see how lost I get.

I need directions.

Stairs outside the building

going from the ground level up to the front door

are just as confusing.

Ramps.

Here's an outside ramp to get from the street level

to the building's front entrance, one floor up.

The ramp's route is quite a maze.

Normally, ramps follow a simple pattern – a straight line or switch back.

That outdoor ramp has no railing.

People with balance issues need a railing.

I need one to follow a maze-like ramp.

Hangout steps.

Hangout steps are like amphitheatre seating –

as a place to hang out and socialize.

A flight of steps goes up.

As you go up a few steps,

there's a bench seat on either side of you to sit.

Go up a few more steps,

there's a second bench seat on either side of the steps,

behind and higher than the first one, and so on.

These hangout steps are at the side of the main lobby.

Hangout steps have huge accessibility problems.

People using mobility devices can't go up them.

For me, getting from the steps to a seat and then back down the steps

is treacherous.

There's no railing to help me, or someone with balance issues.

It would be unthinkable to have a socializing area

with a sign saying, "No women welcome here,"

or "People from racialized communities should socialize elsewhere."

Hangout steps might as well have a sign saying,

"People with mobility disabilities are not welcome."

Here's more hangout steps, partway up the main lobby staircase.

People with mobility devices can't reach those seats.

They can only sit at the very top, with the worst view and acoustics.

No person using a mobility device could make a presentation here.

Here are hangout steps outside the building,

all the way up alongside the exterior ramp to the front door.

People hanging out can block the ramp.

Lobby information help.

It's great that the main lobby has a help desk,

and an electronic kiosk to help us learn what's happening here.

But the desk has no accessible counter height

and no knee space for a person in a wheelchair.

No one staffed the desk when I was there.

The sign says, "We are currently closed.

Any questions, please find our specialists in yellow shirts,

or visit us in LIB272B."

I can't find people in yellow shirts.

I don't know where LIB272B is.

This sign's surface glare is a problem for some with low vision.

The main lobby's electronic kiosk has a touchscreen,

inaccessible to those with vision loss, dyslexia, or dexterity issues.

2011 Ontario accessibility regulations require such organizations

to include accessibility features in electronic kiosks.

Even if they weren't enforced when this building opened,

there's no good reason to install inaccessible electronic kiosks.

Hard to get to the building's front door.

The building's front door is one floor up,

not at street level.

In contrast, the previous building, Sam the Record Man,

had a street level door.

Now, to get to the front door,

you must go up the confusing angled outdoor steps, seen earlier,

or, go up the maze-like outdoor ramp, seen earlier.

The other option is to use an exterior elevator.

This confusion would be avoided had the front door been at street level.

It's good that there's an exterior elevator

to get from street level up to the building's front door,

but it has accessibility problems.

You have to find this elevator, go inside,

take the elevator up one floor,

go outside, turn right, then turn left,

then turn right into the building.

Just entering a street level front door is so much easier.

Many won't know about this elevator.

At street level, this elevator is set back

from the stairs and ramp.

No signage or way-finding directs you to it.

Once you approach the door to the elevator lobby,

it's not obvious that there's an elevator inside.

An elevator symbol faces outside the building,

but it's hard to see with poor colour contrast.

The elevator lobby's door has a security card reader.

Nothing tells you if can get in without a security card.

Many may walk away thinking they can't enter.

It's good that the elevator lobby door has a push-button power door operator,

but it's in different positions outside the door for going in

than it is for when you're inside the door going out.

That's confusing.

Inside this elevator, it's good that there's Braille on the elevator buttons

and a voice that announces the floors.

However, one floor's labelling is messed up.

For street level, the print button says "G".

The voice says "G".

[beep] [elevator] G. [Lepofsky] But entirely confusing,

the Braille says "main."

I won't know "main" is street level.

In the elevator, on the wall beside the buttons,

the floor directory lists what's on each floor.

It's good that there's Braille on that floor directory,

but this Braille is almost entirely illegible.

The dots are squished too close together.

Accessible signage.

It's good that there are several efforts to provide accessible signage,

but visit the office to seek accessibility support.

The print says, "Student Accessibility Specialist

Student Learning Support."

The Braille only says, "SLC" – Student Learning Centre – "437".

The Braille doesn't give the most important information

that the print sign gives –

that this is the office for accessibility support.

Angled pillars.

Nothing should ever protrude at any height

into a path of travel.

No pillar should ever lean at an angle.

When I go up the outdoor ramp from street level to the front door,

there's is a leaning pillar on my left side.

My shoulder brushes right up against it.

When I take that exterior elevator to the ground floor and walk outside,

there's a leaning pillar in my path.

I hit my head, right near my right ear.

Conclusion.

Watch how these problems come together.

The main lobby has that angled staircase,

inaccessible hangout steps,

and both an information desk and an electronic kiosk

each lacking basic accessibility features.

The sixth floor Beach Area

has angled stairs that follow a confusing route,

and hangout steps.

At the building's front, instead of a ground level main entrance,

are angled stairs following a confusing route,

a ramp that follows a confusing route

with inaccessible hangout steps luring people to hang out on the ramp,

an exterior elevator that many won't know about

or won't think they can use,

and angled pillars in the path of travel.

It's troubling that this building won architectural awards.

Here's a web page announcing that it received

the Canadian Architect 2011 Award of Excellence

from the Canadian Architect Magazine, selected by a jury of architects.

Accessibility deserves greater priority.

People wrongly think that our access laws ensure

that new buildings are accessible.

Those laws let this building happen.

Ontario must enact much stronger accessibility requirements

to ensure that new buildings are never again built

with accessibility barriers,

and to ensure that accessibility barriers

in existing buildings are fixed.

The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act

requires the Ontario government to do so,

to ensure that Ontario becomes fully accessible by 2025.

Design professionals must learn how to design barrier-free buildings.

Otherwise, even when an organization like Ryerson

wants to include accessibility features,

barriers will be created.

Learn more at www.aodaalliance.org

On Twitter, at aodaalliance.

For a longer video, search on YouTube

"Ryerson Student Learning Centre"

and "Accessibility", and "Long Version".

For more infomation >> Accessibility Problems at Ryerson University Student Learning Centre (Short Version) - Duration: 12:25.

-------------------------------------------

ある日、高校の教室に現れた猫。その日から学校に通い続け、いつの間にか・・・【心温まる話】 - Duration: 4:05.

For more infomation >> ある日、高校の教室に現れた猫。その日から学校に通い続け、いつの間にか・・・【心温まる話】 - Duration: 4:05.

-------------------------------------------

Shriya Sharma Become Big In 16 Years Later And She Looks Extremely Beautiful NOW! - Duration: 5:17.

Shriya Sharma Become Big In 16 Years Later And She Looks Extremely Beautiful NOW!

For more infomation >> Shriya Sharma Become Big In 16 Years Later And She Looks Extremely Beautiful NOW! - Duration: 5:17.

-------------------------------------------

Accessibility Problems at Ryerson University Student Learning Centre (Long Version) - Duration: 31:58.

My name is David Lepofsky.

I'm the Chair of the Accessibility

for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Alliance.

I'm also a visiting professor at the Osgoode Hall Law School.

I'd like to take you on a tour

of the new Student Learning Centre at Ryerson University,

right in the middle of downtown Toronto at Gould and Yonge Street.

This building is supposed to be a hub

where students at Ryerson University can gather

for formal learning activities or informal socializing.

It's clear as we look around this building

that the intent was for there to be good accessibility provisions

for students, and faculty, and staff with disabilities.

But when we look closely,

in fact, we don't even have to look that closely,

we're gonna find out

that there are significant, recurring accessibility problems –

problems that would have been easily prevented.

What do we learn from this?

Well, the lesson is clear.

First, in Ontario,

our laws governing accessibility of buildings,

including of brand-new buildings, are far too inadequate.

They do not stipulate the kind of accessibility standards

that we need to ensure that there are no new barriers

created in public spaces in Ontario,

especially in public spaces that involve any degree of public money.

The second lesson we learn from these barriers

is that those design professionals who design spaces like this

clearly don't know enough about accessibility

to ensure that the kind of mistakes

that we will see recurring in this building,

never, ever occur.

Stairway in the main lobby.

We begin in the main lobby of this building.

A main feature of this large lobby area, other than a lot of open space,

is a major staircase for going up two floors.

I'm now going up the right-hand most set of the stairs,

from the main lobby floor.

I happen to be using the left-hand railing

for this section of the stairs, which goes straight –

and that's good – but as I go up,

following that railing, it leads me right into an obstacle,

a column, right in my path of travel,

on the staircase.

Who would design a column to be right in the middle of a staircase?

I'm trying to feel my way around the pillar in my path.

I make my way around it, and reach out,

and what do I find – it doesn't take me all the way to the landing.

Instead, it loops around to my left, and routes me back down the stairs.

Normally, when you walk up a flight of stairs,

there's a railing at right angle to the stairs.

You hold the railing and walk up, without thinking about it.

Not here.

The main lobby's staircase goes up two floors.

Railings divide it into four parallel sets of stairs.

Look at the right hand stairs shown at the bottom of the plan.

The right handrail is skewed to the left

cutting in front of a person as they walk up the stairs.

Now, look at the left hand stairs shown at the top of the plan.

The left handrail is at a skewed angle too.

The left handrail first angles to the left

as you go up the stairs from the bottom,

then after that landing, that left handrail angles off to the right.

If you hold the railing like I did,

your feet are guided in the wrong direction.

This is a tripping hazard for blind people

and for those with balance issues.

Imagine if a student had a few drinks before trying this.

As I'm walking up the angled stairs

my left hand's on the railing, and after I go up a few steps,

I hurt my hand on something on the railing.

And here we zoom in closer and you see that there's

a little jagged something on the actual metal of the railing,

and these recur all the way up the railing.

First hangout steps.

What are hangout steps?

Well, it's a place for people to hang out.

There's a series of benches, one higher than the other,

like theatre seating,

with a flight of stairs going up the middle,

or at some point in them, so you can access the higher ones.

So you're walking up stairs, you go up a few stairs,

and to your left or right is a bench seating area,

and then you go up a couple more stairs,

and to your left or right is a higher level bench seating area,

and so on, all the way up.

In this scene, I'm at the foot of hangout steps

in the main lobby area of the building.

The flight of steps which are

at the right end of the bench seating is a wall.

There's a hand railing on the right side of the steps,

so that's good, but there is no hand railing on the left side.

That's quite unacceptable for people who need support on that side

when they're going up or down.

The biggest problem is that these seats are intended as a place to socialize.

But you might as well hang up a sign that says,

"People with mobility disabilities need not socialize here."

They're essentially rendered unwelcome because there's no way to get up or down.

As well, accessing these will be a challenge

for somebody with balance issues.

As I go up the steps and then sit down on one of the benches,

using my white cane to navigate, and then get up again,

I have to be very ginger and careful,

as I try to make my way from sitting down,

back down the steps, without tripping and falling down.

Could you imagine designing a socializing area

that had a sign saying, "No women allowed here,"

or, "People from racialized communities need not socialize here"?

Well, doing the same thing for people with disabilities

is no more acceptable.

Second hangout steps.

Now let's look at a second one of these hangout steps.

This is one that's even worse than the first one.

This one is in the main lobby area, but it's halfway up the steps.

That means that you've got to be able to get up to the landing

to get to this area –

totally excludes anybody using a mobility device.

As well, if the area in front of the hangout seats

is meant as a presentation area, it's essentially saying,

"I hope no people with mobility disabilities

wanna watch this presentation,"

because they're not going to get to these seats.

A person with a mobility disability

wouldn't be able to make a presentation there either.

The only place you can get to

would be the very, very top on the next floor above.

You get the worst seating with the worst acoustics.

That's no option either for socializing or for watching a presentation.

It's just not fair.

Full height glass.

Where the elevators open on the third floor,

you exit the elevator into a narrow passageway.

There is full height glass from floor to ceiling.

And beyond that is a two-story drop to the main lobby below.

There is no colour banding along that glass,

or other visually detectable demarcation,

to let somebody with low vision know that there is solid piece of glass there.

It would be better to have colour banding along that glass,

or even better, a railing

which would both serve to visually prompt people with low vision

and provide stability for people who are afraid of heights,

and for whom this can create a real problem.

Beach area.

Now let's go to the sixth floor.

This is a large irregularly shaped room

which you enter at the back or at the top.

It's supposed to look like a beach,

so there's, everything is in a sandy colour except when you get to the very bottom,

at the front, where there's a blue carpet,

as if it's the water.

The back is considerably more elevated than the front.

To get from the back to the front,

there are levels, with seating areas, or chairs.

There are stairs and there are also ramps.

The ramps, obviously, are a good feature to ensure accessibility,

but let's look closer at how it's carried out.

Beach area stairs.

If I want to go from the back of the room

down to the front of the room using stairs using the stairs,

the route is quite confusing,

and abnormal.

The video fast forwards as I try to make my way down these stairs.

You must go down six short sets of stairs.

There's a landing between each set of stairs.

There are no detectable warning surfaces at the top of the steps.

That's required as a safety feature.

Unfortunately these stairs have angled railings,

not perpendicular railings.

You can see me stumbling a few times.

That's the same problem we saw in the main lobby.

Once I get to a landing

it's hard to find where the next set of stairs begins.

Each set of stairs is askew from each other.

Normally, successive sets of stairs are lined up in a straight line,

unless there's a reason for them not to be.

Not here.

When I get to a landing I am struggling to figure out

where to go to continue down the next set of stairs.

Part way, as I'm searching for the next set of stairs,

which are now off-set to my left, my cane almost hits the heads of students

sitting in the next lower level.

For me this is incredibly confusing.

These stairs are anything but predictable.

I finally come down the last set of stairs

and come to the front of the beach area room.

Third hangout steps.

Here's another set of hangout steps in this building...

in the Beach Area.

I'm sitting in the front row, and I look to my left,

and what's right there are three foot wide pillars.

That sure would suggest to me

that these would not have been meant as a presentation area –

the pillars would block sightlines.

If it's meant as a socializing, hanging out area,

then again, that area which is inaccessible

to students with disabilities.

Beach area ramps.

I'm now at the lowest level, or water level,

at the front of the room, and I'm standing at the foot of a ramp,

and about to try to make my way up to the back

so I can get out of the room.

The first section of the ramp going up from the bottom

leads off to my right.

I found it pretty easy to navigate.

I get up to the first landing, and from there on,

I encounter a series of significant problems navigating.

I run into a column and a garbage can in my path.

At this point, I need to get verbal instructions to know where to go.

Those instructions get me to the start of the next section of the ramp,

but it's still a challenge.

Once I go up to the second landing, I become a little lost.

The ramp is not a straight ramp going up, nor is it a typical switchback.

It leads off to my left this time, but it was offset.

Again, it zigzags off to my right, which is confusing.

As I proceed up this section of the ramp,

at the top of this section of the ramp, there is a set of stairs off to my left,

which is confusing.

At this point, I try to proceed without any verbal instructions.

I try to find my way on my own, but I can't find the proper zigzag.

My cane lets me find the level change that is ramping up,

but I almost trip over the edge.

I go to the next section of the ramp.

And as I'm moving up,

I again try to proceed without any verbal instructions.

Going straight, I find myself in the corner of the room.

There's a chair. There's a bench area.

I'm trying to get past them, using a shoreline,

but there's a column in my way.

At this point, I feel like giving up.

This is just too confusing.

I get verbal instructions to get me to the top of the ramp.

As I go off the top of the last section of the ramp,

I get to the main level at the back of the room,

near the elevators.

There's a large section of seating for students,

and some tables.

I make my way to a sign.

The sign reads, "Please keep our accessibility ramps free"

Main lobby reception desk.

Just inside the main doors is a reception desk.

It has no accessible counter height.

There is no knee space provided

so that someone using a wheelchair can go right up to it.

The day that we were there, there was no one at the desk.

As we approach the desk, we see there was a sign.

It had good colour contrast, but it had no Braille.

This sign appears to be a temporary plastic kind of sign,

so there's a great deal of glare on the surface

that would create a problem for some people with low vision.

It says, "We are currently closed.

Any questions, please find our specialists in yellow shirts,

or visit us in LIB 272B."

As a blind person, I'm not so great at finding people in yellow T-shirts.

And from this sign, I'd have no idea where to find LIB 272B.

Main lobby electronic kiosks.

In the main lobby, there's a touchscreen

for students, or faculty, or others

to find out what's going on in the building.

It is completely inaccessible to someone with vision loss,

or someone with dyslexia.

In 2011, the Ontario Government passed regulations

under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,

requiring organizations

to include accessibility features in electronic kiosks.

Elevator lobby signage.

Inside the building, by the interior elevators,

there is a directory of what's on each floor,

but it's only available in print,

not in an alternative accessible format such as Braille or raised letters.

Elevator.

The voice in this elevator is far too quiet.

So if you are trying to listen to it to hear it announce the floors,

if you're hard of hearing it all, it's hopeless,

if people are talking on the elevator, it's hopeless.

Frankly, you need to be standing right next to the speaker,

if you get over here, to know what floor it's actually announcing.

[elevator beeps and says floor two]

Now we're going up, and it said floor two.

I'm gonna now hit the button which is labelled in print as one,

but in Braille it says main.

There's also a separate G, which doesn't actually stop it anywhere,

which I guess means ground rather than main,

but that would be confusing if you don't know the building.

[elevator beeps and says floor one]

So the print for the elevator button says one,

and the voice says floor 1, but the Braille says main.

Signage.

This sign in print says,

"Student Accessibility Specialist Student Learning Support."

But in Braille all it says is, "SLC – Student Learning Centre – 437.

So this sign about accessibility support isn't accessible.

Washroom signage.

So I'm now standing in front of the opening to these two washrooms.

Of course, I don't know that there are two washrooms here.

If I reach out to my left, and I feel along the wall,

there is no Braille signage.

If I go to the right of the opening

and feel along the wall, there is no signage.

I have no idea what it is.

That's where I would have looked, if I looked at all.

I prefer if if there was a door, uh, here, with signage.

Now if I step in to the anteroom,

to my left is the hall to go to the men's washroom,

and to the right is the hall to go to the women's washroom.

But as a blind person, all I'm hearing is echo.

It sounds to me like it's just one big washroom.

There is Braille signage on the wall in front,

between the entrance to the men's washroom on the left

and the women's washroom on the right.

But I wouldn't know there is Braille signage here.

I'm not going to walk in here and flail my hands along a big wall

that's more than a couple of metres wide

to wonder if I'm gonna run into Braille signage.

Now because before shooting this video I was told there's a sign here,

I put my hand on the wall and I feel "male accessible washroom."

That's great, but I don't know that that's to my left,

or that there's a women's washroom to my right,

or that there may be more Braille signage to my right,

saying it's a women's washroom.

So I won't know from this Braille signage,

which I would probably would've never have found anyway,

that it's to the left that I have to go to go use the men's washroom.

So this is, this is signage which is functionally useless.

Entrance to Sam the Record Man.

Turning our attention to the outside of the building,

the first accessibility problem here

is the fact that entrance to the building is not at the ground level.

You've got to get from the ground level all the way to the second level.

In contrast, the building that used to be here for many years,

the Sam the Record Man store, had level access,

right in the front door, right at street level.

What's shown here now is the contrast of Sam the Record Man's old entrance,

where you could go in at street level to get right in the store,

and the new building.

And in the case of the new building,

there's a flight of stairs or a ramp to get up to the second floor to go in

if you're going into the Student Learning Centre.

There's also an elevator for getting from the street level

up to the main entrance.

There's a street-level entrance to go right in the building,

but that's a performance arts entrance.

That's only for people who are going in

to attend a theatre that's underneath this building.

If you want to get access

to the main doors to the Student Learning Centre,

and you're down at street level, you approach the steps,

There's no way to know that there are two other ways

to get up to the front door – a ramp or the elevator.

There's no directional signage to tell you about them,

and they're not readily apparent.

On the left are the steps.

On the right is the ramp, but it cuts through hangout steps

which obscures a sighted person's view of them.

Further to the right, beyond the ramp, is the elevator.

Exterior ramp.

Here's an outside ramp to get from the street level

to the building's front entrance, one floor up.

I try to make my way up the ramp.

Again, here, we're speeding up the video just briefly

to shorten the time to depict this.

It's not a straight ramp, nor a normal patterned switchback.

It's a zigzaggy ramp.

It is impossible for me to know the path I am to follow,

both because it's irregular,

and because there's no tactile wayfinding.

The first obstacle I encounter on my way up the ramp

is a leaning pillar,

a pillar that's not just straight up and down

like pillars should be,

it leans in to the right.

So as I'm walking up the ramp, my shoulder brushes up against it.

There should be no obstacles at any height in the path of travel.

The next obstacle is that the path, rather than going straight,

zigzags to the right and then the left as it's going through hangout steps.

Of course if there's anyone hanging out on the hangout steps,

they could well end up hanging out in my path of travel.

I encounter people, dogs, hanging out

where people are intended to be walking up and down a ramp.

I then reach a switchback in the ramp,

but where it takes place,

there's a landing for the stairs going up.

I get confused. Why are there stairs here?

Which way am I supposed to turn to continue on the ramp?

There's no way to know.

In the video, I get completely lost and off-track.

People come over to offer help to me, which is very kind,

but I say, "No thank you,"

'cause I'm trying to figure it out myself, if I can.

I now approach a switchback and a landing,

that to a sighted person watching this video,

might look like a normal switchback that shouldn't be confusing.

But it was for me because there's no wayfinding,

and I've had to come up a route that is so unpredictable,

and so confusing, and so failing to follow any traditional pattern,

that I have no idea which way I'm supposed to go this time.

Now, I'm beginning to proceed up the remaining part of the outside ramp.

Exterior stairs.

Starting at the base,

there are three sets of steps in front of me.

They are divided by two sets of handrails.

Our first problem is that if you take the left-hand most set of steps,

there's only a handrail on the right side, not on the left.

If I try to take the right-hand most set of steps,

there's only a handrail on the left, but none on the right.

There needs to be a handrail on both sides.

Making this worse, these steps,

like the steps in the main lobby, are angled steps.

But worse than the ones in the main lobby,

the only way to go from the ground level to the second level

is by walking angled to your right.

If I follow the railing,

it doesn't allow me to walk up the steps

with my feet going perpendicular to the steps.

I walk into a railing that's cutting across my path.

They do have colour contrasting

on the nosing of the steps, here, which is good.

Exterior elevator.

An alternative way to get up

from the street level to the front door of the building

is provided beyond the stairs and the ramp.

There is an exterior elevator, outside the main building.

It's good that they do provide an elevator,

but is in the furthest position away from Yonge Street.

There is no directional signage to let people know it's there.

The only sign that identifies it as an elevator

is a window decal inside the elevator lobby.

It has a low colour contrast, making it harder to see,

especially when on the day we were shooting this video,

there's a whiteboard sign behind it.

There is a power door operator outside,

but just above the button to open the door,

is one of those cards for waving a security card.

This would suggest to anyone

that this is only available by way of a security card.

And it's not explained anywhere outside the structure,

when or whether you can get access inside to use the elevator.

Standing outside, you'd have no idea whatsoever

that it's available to you.

If you look, there is a two way communication button also provided.

And it's on the hinge side of the door.

So if you're standing there using that, and somebody opens the door,

you are in the line of fire for the door to whack you.

Now we go inside the elevator lobby.

We look back at the door we just came through.

We see that there is a power operator to open the door.

That's great. But this time, it's on the hinge side.

It's not on the side of the door where we found it

when we were outside the building.

There isn't a consistent positioning of the power door operator.

That is a formula for confusion.

There's a sign that says that this elevator

will take you to the main level,

that's level one, that's where the main door is,

and levels two and three, where the sandbox is.

This lets us know that you can only go up to those levels if you have a card.

It tells you to use the main elevators, the ones inside the building,

to get access to levels two through eight,

although I can't access any of this helpful information

because none of it is available in raised letters or in Braille

for a person with vision loss.

Now let's look inside the elevator.

It's great that they have Braille on the elevator buttons,

and it's great that there's a voice on the elevator

to tell a person with vision loss or with some learning disabilities

that, by voice, it will tell you what floor you're on.

However, there is a problem.

Looking at the elevator buttons,

they have print next to the buttons, of course,

and Braille next to the buttons.

Well, that's great. And there's a voice in the elevator

that tells you audibly what floor you're on, and that's great,

but they've messed up their labelling for the street level floor.

The print button says G. [elevator beeps and says level G]

The voice says level G.

The Braille says main.

What the heck is main? Is it the main entrance to the building?

Is it the main floor of the building? Is it....

I'm confused.

Now, next to the elevator buttons there is a partial guide to each floor,

and there is a notation that the ground level is the street level.

But that doesn't tell me what main means.

It's good that there's Braille on the floor directory

to the left of the elevator buttons,

but, unfortunately, they didn't check

to make sure that the vendor that was supplying their Braille

actually makes Braille that's easy to read.

This Braille isn't.

The dots are too sharp, they're squished too close together,

making it harder to read.

Before deploying Braille signage or even buying any,

it's really important to check with end users

to make sure that it's properly legible.

We now arrive in the elevator to what it refers to as level one,

which is the level of the main entrance of the building,

up the external steps or up the ramp.

As we pan to the left,

we see another power operator for an exterior door

to go outside at level one.

You don't just go right into the main building.

You have to go outside,

you have to turn right, you have to go up a short ramp,

you've got to turn right again to get to the main door.

There is no directional wayfinding to assist someone in finding this route.

Angled pillar.

Turning out attention back to the exterior elevator we looked at earlier,

let's look at what's just outside the elevator lobby entrance door.

Once you If I use this elevator to come down to the street level,

as I walk outside the elevator lobby door,

I walk straight into another angled pillar –

not a straight up-and-down pillar.

This pillar is even more angled than the last one,

so I didn't just brush up against it.

I hit my head on it, on the right side, uh, near my ear.

Conclusion.

Thank you for joining us on our tour of accessibility issues

at the new Student Learning Centre at Ryerson University in Toronto.

Watch how these problems come together.

The main lobby has that angled staircase,

inaccessible hangout steps,

and both an information desk and an electronic kiosk,

each lacking basic accessibility features.

The sixth floor beach area has angled stairs

that follow a confusing route, a maze-like ramp with no railings,

and hangout steps.

At the building's front, instead of a ground level main entrance,

are angled stairs following a confusing route,

a ramp that follows a confusing route

with inaccessible hangout steps luring people to hang out on the ramp,

an exterior elevator that many won't know about

or won't think they can use,

and angled pillars in the path of travel.

It's troubling that this building won architectural awards.

Here's a webpage announcing that it received

the Canadian Architect 2011 Award of Excellence

from the Canadian Architect magazine, selected by a jury of architects.

Accessibility deserves greater priority.

It's commendable that Ryerson wanted to include good accessibility features.

It's deeply troubling that so many accessibility problems are the result.

What can we do about it?

Well, first, we encourage you to follow the AODA Alliance

and get involved in our activities,

advocating so that this never happens again.

Visit our website at www.aodaalliance.org.

Sign up for our emails.

Send an email to us, and all you have to say is "sign me up."

Our email address is aodafeedback@gmail.com.

Follow us on Twitter, @aodaalliance.

We also encourage you to take pictures or videos

of accessibility barriers and tweet them.

Use words to describe it, so that blind people like me

can know what's in the picture.

If you use Twitter, we encourage you to include the hashtag, #AODAfail.

That will help others, who are active on accessibility,

to see what barriers you've been able to identify.

We also encourage you to tweet AODA wins,

so people can see where accessibility is done right.

Finally, we urge you to press the Ontario government

to ensure that strong and effective accessibility standards are enacted

to ensure that these kind of accessibility problems never recur.

It's important for everyone to understand

that those who design buildings and those who build buildings

will be held to strong accessibility account.

Their obligations are not just to comply

with our weak Building Code's accessibility requirements,

or the very limited public spaces accessibility requirements

already in force under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.

The prevailing law they must obey is the Ontario Human Rights Code.

It guarantees equality to all people with disabilities.

And either creating new barriers against people with disabilities,

or leaving existing ones in place,

directly fly in the face of the guarantees of equality

to people with disabilities in the Ontario Human Rights Code.

Thanks for watching.

If you want to watch a shorter version of this video,

go to YouTube, and search on "Ryerson,"

and "accessibility," and "short version."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét