Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 7, 2018

Waching daily Jul 30 2018

In the 19th century,

it was ordinary to ship dry cow pies.

The problem there is that if this dry dung

came in contact with sea water

they would ferment and produce methane.

And when that happens in the closed environment of the hold of a boat

where there's usually the flame of a lantern at night

then… BOOM!

And you wake up with no boat, no shipment

and above all... no cow pies.

And after that, the dung boxes were marked:

(In French "À Transporter en Hauteur Durant Transit")

or as it was shortened to: S.H.I.T.

And that's how the word came into the English language.

Argh, no. Unfortunately, no.

This anecdote, long considered the origin of "shit"

would make a wonderful story to introduce an episode on this word

but it's completely false.

Indeed, there's proof of the word "shit" existing way before the 19th century

and on top of that, we can find its origin in the Old English and Germanic.

But you know what's not a pile of urban legends?

Today's episode!

Shiiiiiiiiit.

And welcome to Zed On! I'm Zed

and after being away for 6 months

what'd be better for an episode than one of the most common informal English word?

I'm talking about...

And even though it's a vulgar word for "poop", "merde" in French

there's a lot of idioms and other meanings

making this word intriguing as only English can.

Once again, it's vulgar, it's not correct in society.

But you'll hear it a lot so let's talk about it.

You probably know it already, "shit" has a negative meaning.

Something "shit" or "shitty"

is "bad" or "worthless" ("merdique" in French).

But surprisingly, if something is "the shit", it's the opposite.

It's the best thing in the world!

And it becomes weirder in the idiom "hot shit"

(literally in French "merde chaude")

If you're "hot shit", it means you're famous

everyone's talking about you, it's your time.

So to sum up, something 'shit" or "shitty" is bad

but if something is "the shit" or "hot shit,

it's very positive.

And of course, the context of the sentence or conversation helps a lot.

And between negative and positive, you have neutral.

It's also a more vulgar version of the word "stuff".

(In French "affaires" or "trucs")

It's also the English for "conneries"

meaning "insignificant stuff" or "something stupid."

It'll be the case in this phrase:

It means "doing something stupid" or "play a trick on someone."

And that's pretty much the same meaning in this phrase:

that we will conveniently translate in French with a version of "merde"

"se faire emmerder par quelqu'un."

And apart from just the quality of something,

"shit" has a lot of other meanings.

"To shit someone" means "lying to someone" or "joke with someone".

It's a more vulgar version of "to kid someone"

as in "Are you kidding me?"

(In French "Tu plaisantes ?" or "T'es pas sérieux ?")

and with "shit", it's going to be:

In the same way, you have "No shit"

(Pretty much in French "sans déconner")

On top of that, when "shit" follows directly a verb

it will often mean "nothing."

We saw this with the word "jack."

"Know jack" or "know shit" means "know nothing."

"Don't do shit" will mean "Do nothing."

And so on...

There's even both at the same time.

But now let's get to the reason I'm making this episode originally.

Phrases where "shit" has a very specific meaning

something typically English as in there's nothing like this in French.

One of these is very versatile

but here are the most popular versions:

It's in every movies and TV shows

it's "to severely beat up someone."

The idea here is that you're beating someone so hard

that you make him spit out or lose all his "shit".

You can find it with the more cordial version of "shit" which is "crap".

But also with informal words like "hell" or "fuck."

What really intrigues me is that this phrase works for a lot of other verbs and situations.

The idea being to exaggerate or amplify the action.

You're completely bored listening to that guy?

You're so bored you're dropping your "shit."

And again coincidently, we'll translate it with "merde", as the verb "s'emmerder."

"Frightening someone badly"

will be "to scare the shit out of someone."

And there's much more.

This use of "shit" is almost the same as in this:

meaning "losing control", "going mad."

Here, you're losing control of your "shit."

Another way to say it can be "to go apeshit."

I already talked about this in the episode about "Banana"

it's a more vulgar way to say "go ape"

also meaning "losing control" but in a more aggressive, angry manner.

In the same "symbolic but what's the symbol" kind of way,

you can find "to give a shit."

It means "care about" or "be interested in."

And last fascinating expression is this one:

The idea here is to pull yourself together, take control of yourself.

All these "shit" you've dropped, lost or given with the previous idioms?

It's time to get them back together so you can become the person you were

and be ready to face the future.

At least, it's how I see it.

And finally, let's see some common phrases with this word.

Like "shit-faced", meaning "completely drunk."

The phrase "tough shit" means "too bad"

it's an informal way to say "tough luck."

If there's a winner of the WTF award,

it's this way of talking about the time when everything went south,

the time when it all fell into chaos,

it's the time "when the shit hit the fan."

The picture here is pretty easy to imagine.

And that's it for this episode on the word "shit."

Anyway, I'm back! I still have your comments from last year

but, if you have a crazy question about English or a really weird subject,

you know I love that so write them in the comments!

And on that, and I'm not shitting you

I'm telling you:

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

For more infomation >> Zed On - Le Mot "Shit" en Anglais ! - Duration: 8:37.

-------------------------------------------

Sansy Now! - Duration: 3:00.

For more infomation >> Sansy Now! - Duration: 3:00.

-------------------------------------------

[FR] Responsable ZENCASH France [Zencash][Interwiew] - Duration: 12:58.

For more infomation >> [FR] Responsable ZENCASH France [Zencash][Interwiew] - Duration: 12:58.

-------------------------------------------

Voting registration deadline is Monday - Duration: 1:48.

For more infomation >> Voting registration deadline is Monday - Duration: 1:48.

-------------------------------------------

Zee bangla Tv serial Hridoyhoron BA pass actress roshni's lifestyle - Duration: 3:43.

Roshni Bhattacharjee is a one of the new Indian Bangla Film Actress.

She is very Cute, Beautiful, brilliant, talented, Stylish actress.

Roshni is acted mainly Bengali TV dramas.

Roshni firstly entered media industry as a junior artist.

After that she was acted two another TV Serial Adorini,

Bakshobodol as a Character Artist This is her debut movie.

Now she got a lead role for new TV Serial

Hriday Haran B.A Pass as a Lead actress on Zee Bangla.

She has really a bright future.

Roshni Bhattacharjee was born on Kolkata,

West Bengal, India and her full name is Roshni Tanwi Bhattacharyya.

Roshni was studied bachelor in pharmacy at Guru Nanak

Institute Of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology.

Roshni is still unmarried. Roshni keeps

her personal life hide from media.

For more infomation >> Zee bangla Tv serial Hridoyhoron BA pass actress roshni's lifestyle - Duration: 3:43.

-------------------------------------------

The 100 5x12 Inside "Damocles – Part One" (HD) Season 5 Episode 12 Inside - Duration: 1:01.

(metal swooshing)

- The finale, we're there.

I don't know how that happened so fast,

but we are at the two-part finale.

Part one is called Damocles Part 1.

Justine Gillmer wrote Part 1.

Dean White directed Part 1,

and it is the culmination of everything.

Our heroes have reached the valley.

- You did your best to stop this.

In the end, if we have to fight, it is better to win.

- They do not know that a trap is waiting for them.

(automatic gun firing)

As they march into that trap,

things get crazy very, very quickly.

War is here.

- That is the sound of victory.

(muffled gun firing)

(soldier screaming)

(intense music)

For more infomation >> The 100 5x12 Inside "Damocles – Part One" (HD) Season 5 Episode 12 Inside - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

(TEASER) iKON - KILLING ME Legendado PT | BR - Duration: 0:20.

It's killing me

Again, inevitably,

your traces

remain and torment me

It's killing me

I was the only one who walked away from you

becoming a stranger

But why am I lonely?

For more infomation >> (TEASER) iKON - KILLING ME Legendado PT | BR - Duration: 0:20.

-------------------------------------------

4 expressions utiles pour expliquer quelque chose en français - Duration: 8:19.

For more infomation >> 4 expressions utiles pour expliquer quelque chose en français - Duration: 8:19.

-------------------------------------------

BOLIVIA || from the forest to the Potosi mine - Duration: 5:24.

I arrived in Santa Cruz

which is the largest city in Bolivia

I've been in Santa Cruz for two days, there's not a lot to see there

We moved to "Sataipata"

or Sapaitapa

maybe I write it because I do not remember well what it's called

here..

there is another atmosphere, very naturalistic

there is a gigantic park that I will go see tomorrow

today I'm visiting some beautiful waterfalls

and we will go to visit the ruins soon

......

it's windy, I'm sure my voice will not be heard

I was saying that we are going to see the ruins

then..

a bit of chill out in the town

it's a little pease actually

really small

but very touristy

beacuse...

not many locals live there

although there is not a lot of tourism, the only people in the country are tourists

but the highlight, the reason why we are here is ..

For more infomation >> BOLIVIA || from the forest to the Potosi mine - Duration: 5:24.

-------------------------------------------

Taller ¡MOCOS FUERA! CÚRATE LA SINUSITIS SILENCIOSA. Con el Dr. Miquel Pros. - Duration: 16:52.

For more infomation >> Taller ¡MOCOS FUERA! CÚRATE LA SINUSITIS SILENCIOSA. Con el Dr. Miquel Pros. - Duration: 16:52.

-------------------------------------------

Making It - How Does It Work? (Digital Exclusive) - Duration: 2:08.

For more infomation >> Making It - How Does It Work? (Digital Exclusive) - Duration: 2:08.

-------------------------------------------

Loremaker's guide to the galaxy : Le système Kayfa - VOSTFR - Duration: 16:05.

For more infomation >> Loremaker's guide to the galaxy : Le système Kayfa - VOSTFR - Duration: 16:05.

-------------------------------------------

The REAL Reason You're Not Making any MONEY - Duration: 4:02.

are you making money or just excuses well today we're gonna find out which

one alright guys welcome to the video so today we're gonna touch home are you

making money or just excuses now this is a great quote that I've recently read

and I wanted to touch on because I think it sends a great message and it's just

something I want to remind you of here today so are you making money or are you

making excuses now obviously they go hand in hand and different things but

just because you're not making money doesn't necessarily mean you're always

making excuses but for certain things it very much does so people always say to

me I always get you know all the excuses in the book so if you're approaching a

client for example I'll give you two quick examples if you're approaching a

client for social media marketing or literally any any type of client for any

any agency whatsoever people always say well you know nobody

wants to hire me and this and that and I'm too young I don't have a suit you

know I don't look presentable my hair is long I have a beard you know people

don't don't look at me as like an authority in the industry literally go

down the freakin list I've heard them all and guess what guys

I thought all those same things initially when I started but guess what

they're all excuses and they're what's in between you and the money so it

doesn't matter that you know you have long hair it doesn't matter that you

don't own a suit that that fits you it doesn't matter that you don't have good

good-looking ties or that you have a beard or whatever all those are simply

excuses stop making excuses and you'll start making the money so are you

looking for the excuses are you looking for the money another quick example of

this would be arbitrage now literally probably one of the best businesses you

know consulting is probably one of the best - there's a number and content

creation there's a number of them obviously but literally one of the best

businesses that are recommend to new entrepreneurs or young entrepreneurs or

people just getting in to entrepreneurship that can make money

really quickly is arbitrage especially the way that I teach arbitrage and the

reason for that is you can pretty much 10x your money almost right away within

a month like literally so if you a hundred bucks you can turn that

hundred bucks into like a thousand bucks you know roughly now obviously the

number is different from differ from product to product or whatever but let's

just hypothetically assume you can 10x your money and this is literal I'm

telling you the truth here so let's take take one hundred bucks ten 10x your

money at a thousand bucks you have five hundred bucks to invest well guess what

you just made five grand and if you have a grand well guess what you just made

ten grand now obviously the numbers are skewed and

it can be a little bit limited but the point is you can make a lot of freaking

money doing arbitrage when you're starting out and literally the number

one probably pushback that I get from people is oh you know you have to ship

all these products you have to package all these products well there's not

enough products to buy I've been doing it for about a year and I still find

products all over the place to buy I still package all my own products and

yes it takes a like an hour or two every couple days and it's annoying and it is

trading time for money so I don't necessarily love that fact but guess

what you can make a lot of money and that's still why I do it and a lot of

people are making money too so some of the people are making money because they

they're doing whatever it freakin takes and other people are just looking for

every excuse in the book I would say I'm not trying to attack you here because if

you're watching this it doesn't necessarily mean that that's you but I

think that this is a good reminder because a lot of people probably about

let's say I get 100 emails a day 90 of them are filled with excuses and maybe

ten of the people are actually taking action and looking for advice so stop

making the excuses and you'll start making the money

For more infomation >> The REAL Reason You're Not Making any MONEY - Duration: 4:02.

-------------------------------------------

Cloudberries CANVAS Jigsaw Puzzle Full Review & Time Lapse - Duration: 12:36.

Hi guys, I'm Karen, welcome back to Karen Kavett Puzzles.

Today I'm going to be trying something a little bit different for me.

Rather than doing just a straight time lapse with nice music of this puzzle, instead I'm

going to be doing a full-on review deep dive into the Canvas puzzle by Cloudberries.

Before I get into it though, I just want to give a shoutout to jigsawjunkies.com, which

is a blog about jigsaw puzzles and they have an entire brand comparison page which has

so much information about like every jigsaw puzzle brand.

And I kind of stole some of the criteria that I'm going to be judging this puzzle on from

them.

So if you want more jigsaw puzzle reviews, I'll put that link right down below.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, it's just when I found this site, I was

like, this is what I need in my life.

And I, maybe some of you puzzlers will find it useful as well.

Anyway, today I'm going to be looking at the Canvas puzzle by Cloudberries.

Cloudberries is a fairly new puzzle brand based in the UK.

And they did send me this puzzle and all of their other puzzles that I have by them for

free but this isn't a sponsored video, um everything I'm going to say is my honest

opinion.

First let's look at the box.

I love how modern and simple the design is.

The front of the box has the entire picture of what's on the puzzle without any of it

being covered up or getting cut off.

And then the rest is a really simple gray background with white text.

And then on the back it's just a solid gray.

I love that all of their puzzle boxes match and they're all the exact same size, and

they're just a really nice, simple design, so you could totally have these out on display

and it wouldn't look messy or cluttered.

The one thing I do wish though is that I wish one side of the puzzle boxes had a little

thumbnail of what the puzzle looks like.

Because right now all of them are just white and gray, and so if you have them stacked

here, you just have to kind of know what they look like, or you have to pull it off the

shelf to look at the front.

Whew, five puzzle boxes are kind of heavy.

Alright, so when you get the puzzle, it is shrink wrapped, so you just have to cut off

the plastic.

Then inside, the pieces come in a plastic bag that you have to cut open.

There's nothing else that comes with it, no catalogs or posters or anything like that.

The pieces themselves are mounted on a light blue cardboard.

It's pretty neutral, not quite as blue as the Ravensburger puzzles but not just a straight

gray either.

The pieces feel pretty thick and high quality, and the picture is really well glued onto

the front, so I never had an issue with it peeling up from the corners or the cardboard

peeling up on the back.

The printing is kind of a satin finish, not totally glossy, but not totally matte either.

There is quite a bit of puzzle dust that accumulates, both in the box and on the table as you're

working on it.

It doesn't really bother me since I can just blow it away, but it is a little annoying.

And a few pieces did come put together where they weren't completely cut apart, but it

was only a couple and they were easy to just pull apart as I was sorting out the pieces.

So this puzzle has a lot of fun colors and designs.

I began by sorting the pieces into the completely white pieces, the colorful pieces, and the

edges.

And the sorting took me about 15 minutes.

After that it was time to start working on the puzzle itself.

This puzzle is 1000 pieces and it measures about 27 by 19 inches.

And that is the perfect size for me because not today but sometimes I do puzzles on foamcore

which usually measures 20 inches by 30 inches.

And so this one will fit completely on the foamcore without any of it hanging over the

edge.

You guys know that I love any puzzle with bright colors and I also like puzzles that

aren't frustratingly hard.

I just don't find it fun to be staring at pieces and not making any progress.

So, I really liked this one because it had several distinct sections that were easy to

separate and put together so you always felt like you were moving forward and making good

progress.

And the colors are beautifully printed and saturated, which I love because if I'm going

to be staring at something for three hours, I want it to be colors that make me happy.

I think this would be a really fun one to do totally blind by hiding the box and just

figuring out where all of the sections go as you work on it.

I just couldn't do that for this video, because I didn't want to end up with even

more footage to edit.

So the second hardest part of this puzzle was this dark section right here, but that's

also partly because my light was shining directly on it and I couldn't look too closely at

it without blocking the shot with my head.

But then absolutely the hardest part of this puzzle was all of the white pieces at the

end.

There are some sections where it's slightly more yellow or it has a little bit of texture,

but you're going to want to do this part in really good lighting so you can really

see all of the very subtle color differences.

I ended up resorting to my little trick of separating out the pieces by shape, which

definitely helped the last 50 pieces or so go in much more quickly.

All of the pieces are standard puzzle shapes, and there aren't any weird ones in there

to have to worry about.

I also did not have a problem in this puzzle with pieces seeming like they fit where they

didn't actually go.

That's an issue I had with their earlier Mountain puzzle, which is more of a gradient

with less texture.

But that was one of their very first releases so it seems like they have totally solved

that issue in their later puzzles.

And that's the puzzle.

As I said, I really loved this one.

I'm sure it is one that I'm going to be returning to over and over.

Once I finished sorting the pieces, it took me a little under 3 hours, which is definitely

on the quicker side for a thousand piece puzzle.

But I would definitely say that this is a very easy puzzle, except for all of the white

sections at the end, everything else is very distinct and it's easy to tell where on

the board all of the pieces are going to go.

I realized that I never showed you guys whether the pieces interlock tightly, so I broke off

a section here.

You can see that as long as you hold it carefully, you can pick up and move large sections, however

they're fairly loose, so you wouldn't be able to pick up the entire puzzle at once.

If you wanted to hang it up, you would definitely have to glue it together.

But, it's not like the pieces just crumble apart if you try to move a large section.

So since I talk about these a lot, I've had a few of you asking me where to get the

Cloudberries puzzles.

You can see the prices on their website - they're about 23 US dollars.

When I plugged in my city though, unfortunately the shipping came out to be more than the

puzzle itself, which is a crazy price for a puzzle.

And it was the same price on Amazon, except for the Gradient Puzzle, which is currently

$25 on Amazon Prime, so you didn't have the extra shipping cost.

I didn't actually realize that the shipping was gonna be so expensive to the US, so now

I am extra thankful to them for just sending them to me for free.

I really hope that the puzzles will be available in the US soon for less of a shipping cost.

If they let me know when that happens, I'll definitely tell you guys on Instagram.

If you're in the UK though, I'm sure the shipping will probably be a lot less so you

can get them on their website and I'm gonna have that linked for you right down below.

These puzzles are really beautiful, I'm so happy that they got in contact with me

when they saw that I am really into jigsaw puzzles because honestly they're some of

my favorites right now and I definitely recommend them.

So, make sure to stay tuned for the longer cuts of the puzzle time lapse without any

of me jabbering on in the background.

It'll be much more calm and meditative where you can see me put the whole thing together

both in a slightly sped up to like an hour long and also the real time time lapse which

will be like two and a half hours long.

So those will be up very soon.

I'd love to know in a comment right down below if you guys like this new review format

for a video or if there's anything else you want to know about the puzzles that I

didn't cover.

Or if there are any other puzzle brands that you especially want me to cover.

The next review is going to be of a Ceaco puzzle, this really fun rainbow ice cream

one, so stay tuned for that.

And I think that I have chattered on long enough about jigsaw puzzles.

I'm gonna go, thank you guys so much for watching and I'll see you all next time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét