Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 10, 2018

Waching daily Oct 30 2018

You didn't watch.

It's your fault. I got you on camera.

If you want, we can go to the police.

I'm at Syndicate Motorcycles in Jakarta. This is where my package should have arrived from England

but it didn't arrived. It should have arrived three days ago

and it's still stuck at customs.

I don't know why.

The thing is that it's Friday and if it doesn't arrive today which it won't because it's 4 PM already,

it means it will arrive if it will arrive on Monday and I can leave only on Tuesday.

And I'm here in Jakarta for a week now, exactly a week

and I'm wasting my time. I only have two months to go around Bali... Indonesia

and that's not that much so I've decided to leave

and come back in about three weeks

and take my package then, or

I'll try to solve it by asking the owner, Rial, to send it to me somewhere.

The thing is that he is not here right now, otherwise we could go to the customs.

He is in Malaysia and comes back only on Monday.

But I'm not going to wait for him because I'm wasting my time and it's not certain that we can solve it.

So, I'm leaving now

and I'll get my package when I'll come back or via post service.

Good morning!

It's time to leave Jakarta,

the capital of Indonesia because I've been here for a week.

I've dropped my camera here on the concrete

and the lense cracked, I have to buy another lense somewhere.

I hope I'll find one in Yogyakarta,

that means minus 100 euros. So cool..

What I wanted to tell you about the drone...

I've tried to have it repaired.

They told me quite nicely that they will repair it,

they'll repair it, but

it will be almost 400 euros.

But I told them "Oh, noo". I'll sell it in a service for it's parts.

I'm not going to spend 400 euros for the drone.

And it's not for certain that it will work, I mean it would work for some time and then break again.

So I will get rid of the drone soon.

I won't have a drone anymore because it's too costly, too fragile

and it's not worth it. I'm just carrying it with me and I can't use it.

I'm heading to the south coast.

The plan is to camp somewhere, I'll go as far as I can, to Yogyakarta.

I could do it in one day but I want to go camping, I don't want to go to the city again because

I've had enough of the cities.

Rock and Roll! Let's head to the coast!

Bye!

I was coming for two and a half hours now, 100 kilometers so I'm proceeding.

Do you like my shirt?

It's time to take on my jacket because people are driving in kamikaze mode.

The Indonesian tour started really well...

As you can see I'm using the other phone

because the other ones charger gave up and it's hard to find a charging cable for it. It need a connector with a long neck.

I hope they will send another one, I didn't got an answer yet

it they will be sending one.

If they'll send me one, that's good, if not, I'll have to use this. However,

when I started this morning I dropped my camera,

the mirror-less,

the lense bent and it cannot open.

I'll have to take it to a service in Yogyakarta or I'll have to buy another one.

The third thing,

I've hit a scooter.

Unfortunately I don't have a footage about it. I only filmed after when I stopped.

You okay?

You were not watching...

You didn't watch.

It's your fault. I've got you on camera.

If you want, we can go to the police.

I didn't fall, the crash bar did it's job

only the stacker was torn apart where the crash bar bag is tied up.

The case wasn't touched by the scooter but it's ruined.

The guy wanted to put it on me. He was going ahead of me and thought of turning back in the middle of the road.

He didn't made it..

I told him I had the footage about it but I did not and he left the case, he told me to mind my business.

I'll tie the stacker back and I'm off.

Bye!

Where does he have those boxes from, I wonder.

I think it's Touratech or Givi at least.

The place I wanted to camp was full of people.

It's a beach so I'm going further, I'll try to find a quiet place.

From now on, if I'll see something interesting I'll stop and take a look.

So cool.. It's only 6 PM but it's dark.

It seems like I'll be riding a bit in darkness, about 70 kilometers, because that's good.

That's it.

I've searched for a camping place on the internet

where I'll be putting up my tent.

It looks like this.

Do you see it?

Yeah..

Like this.

I don't know how much you can see through the camera

but there won't be any camping here.

There is no camping place, nor a guard, nothing.

A plough field is marked as a camping place on the map.

This means two things:

the first being that I may be going to Yogyakarta today,

the other is that I saw someone here and I'm going to ask them if I can camp here maybe.

Let's see, I'll ask the people here.

Hello, do you speak English?

Do you speak English?

English.

Indonesian?

No, English.

No, no, no, no English.

No English? Okay, okay, okay.

Okay, no problem.

How are you?

Eh, you man?

To?

I wanted to camp here. Camp.

Camping!

Camping.

Oh, I go to Yogyakarta.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Yogyakarta?

Yeah.

Good, good, all set.

Yeah, good.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.

- Okay. - Okay, mister.

- Good bye! - Thank you!

- Selfie, selfie! - Okay, quick selfie.

- Take a selfie, take a selfie! - Okay, selfie.

Ah, I'm so sorry, I have to go. Good bye!

Good bye!

Selfie, selfie.

These guys were so drunk.

And...

The thing is,

Indonesia is a muslim country.

Yet, these guys were super drunk.

The situation is that Yogyakarta is 3 hours away.

Now it's 7, I'll arrive at 10. So cool...

That's so good, so good, I'll arrive at 10.

I'm so happy..

Which way...?

Are you sure? Okay, let's go this way then.

Then...

Let's roll in the darkness another three hours because that's good.

Peace!

This is how you book an accomodation on the road.

Okay, confirm. Great!

It's done. 4.5 euros with breakfast and dinner.

I hope they are waiting with dinner.

This is done.

GPS, wake up!

Do you see that? There.

That doesn't know the roads.

It seems like I'm getting close.

I arrived to Yogyakarta.

It's 9.49 PM.

I have 750 meters left

and that will be like hell.

I don't know how many kilometers I did today, probably around 700.

I think..

After two weeks of rest, it's not a bad performance.

He got hit, did you see that?

Yeah, it happens.

They don't even stop. Everyone goes forward like nothing happened.

I want to go that way. How am I going to go that way..

It's closed.

That's so cool...

That's it, I'll turn back somewhere.

If I can...

Okay, bye!

For more infomation >> Kalandosan indúl az indonéziai túra ||| Motorral a világ körül 44. rész - Duration: 13:36.

-------------------------------------------

Avance Reto 4 Elementos: Renegados y Combatientes lucharán por no ser eliminados - Duration: 0:46.

For more infomation >> Avance Reto 4 Elementos: Renegados y Combatientes lucharán por no ser eliminados - Duration: 0:46.

-------------------------------------------

World Champion Red Sox receive warm welcome back by fans - Duration: 1:15.

For more infomation >> World Champion Red Sox receive warm welcome back by fans - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

Total Recall / Gerçeğe Çağrı (1990) Türkçe Altyazılı 1. Fragman - Arnold Schwarzenegger Filmi - Duration: 1:49.

For more infomation >> Total Recall / Gerçeğe Çağrı (1990) Türkçe Altyazılı 1. Fragman - Arnold Schwarzenegger Filmi - Duration: 1:49.

-------------------------------------------

Lutf Unka Aaam Ho Hi Jaega | Syed Abdul Wasi Qadri - Duration: 11:44.

Lutf Unka Aaam Ho Hi Jaega | Syed Abdul Wasi Qadri

For more infomation >> Lutf Unka Aaam Ho Hi Jaega | Syed Abdul Wasi Qadri - Duration: 11:44.

-------------------------------------------

10 Тупых Вопросов Кореянке (Почему кореянки КРИЧАТ на своих ПАРНЕЙ?!한국인에게 묻는 10가지 질문 -кенха kyungha - Duration: 10:50.

For more infomation >> 10 Тупых Вопросов Кореянке (Почему кореянки КРИЧАТ на своих ПАРНЕЙ?!한국인에게 묻는 10가지 질문 -кенха kyungha - Duration: 10:50.

-------------------------------------------

Last Minute Halloween Perler Bead Headbands (EASY) - Duration: 11:03.

why does my head hurt?

Hey guys, you're watching QDCrafts! Long time no

see I've been locked away in my dorm room for the past two months to do my

midterms and just survive university. Today I wanted to show you guys some

really simple and cute Halloween perler bead headbands that I wanted to make

because I haven't really celebrated Halloween in a long time every year I

always go as the same thing so that's why I decided to make some really simple

and kind of subtle perler bead costumes it's just it's just a headband just goes

on your head so all you'll need for this are your perler bead supplies and if you

have headbands lying around that would be great then you don't have to put at

the store but I'm sure you can get them at Walmart or from the dollar store

before I show you the first headband and I'm going to show you what inspired this

one I actually have this app called snow that has these filters and a lot of them

are really cute they have pixel filters so this is the first headband that I'll

be making inspired by this snow filter it's a cute little cat ears you can't

see it here but you can see it here in the cell phone yeah ok let's get

started! Here I'm making the template for both the left and the right ears I just

started off with a black outline and filled it in with some pink and white

beads. I wanted it to have a shiny finish so I use the art cow ironing film and my

iron set at number three to fuse the beads together

Then I did the same on the other side

After it cools just make another one and you'll have your left and right cat ears

I got a black headband to match my hair color and I positioned the ears to the

approximate spot I want it to be and then I used my hot glue to glue it into

place. To make sure it's tight on the headband fill in any gaps with glue so

that it will stay stuck on it and you can not worry about it while you're at

doing Halloween. This is the first headband that I made. It's the cat ears and

just not bad right it's kind of I feel like I could have made them go a little

bit further apart but it's you can still tell they're cat ears or just look like a

cat hopefully it does maybe once I draw on the whiskers so for for this one

you'll need a draw on a pixel whisker and nose I don't have any makeup that I

can put on my face like I I have a marker that's it I don't know if this is

safe for your face but this is washable and it's kids safe so I'm just gonna let

me go with this because I don't have time to buy makeup and I don't really

care. So I'm using my filter again just to have a reference of what I should

look like here let me show you can you see that oh that well you get the idea

there's like there's like these whiskers that I'm gonna be following and you kind

of just draw like a pixel oh my god I've never done makeup before so like

how do people draw on their own face or like do stuff on their face you might

want to get someone to help you if you want this to look good

I don't really mind as long as you can tell it's a cat so there it looks like

cat nose and then oh this is hard how do you drop pixelized whiskers you

see little squares I guess and then I'll be back and I'll show you the final

result huh that's not bad Hey look am i a beauty guru now I have

these like little pixel whiskers you can tell it looks squarish so that's the

closest I can get to a pixelized look and yeah I'm a pixel cat I don't care if

this kind of costume is really good start basic but it's cute I like it it's

simple it's not like too over-the-top pretty like convenient if you just if

you're not feeling like wearing your costume just take off the ears and yeah

I'm happy with this one first costume looking pretty good already I mean if

you want to make it better like you can wear something else like maybe I don't

know I'm just wearing a hoodie with this but you can wear anything that makes you feel like a cat

so that is how you do this look. This just is the ears and then get right I

would suggest getting actual makeup to do this but this works really well too

and I have so much respect for those makeup artists who draw on their face

with so much detail like this was so difficult to do I kept shaking while

trying to do this let's see how this compares to the original oh okay okay

yeah looks pretty similar huh mm-hmm if you don't want to draw on the whiskers

and you just want to take a nice picture with the ears then there's actually

another filter I think just for the whiskers let me see if I can do that one

see now if I just wanted to take a picture I didn't have to draw on the

whisker that I just used this filter and here's match with it pretty well yay and

yeah now you can be cat

This next project I used a Minecraft sword template and I made each of the

pixels 4 beads so that it will be pretty big. For this one I used artkal

beads because they have more shades of gray so that you can make it a little

bit different on the blade end. The blade was a bit too long effort so I took away

some beads and found the perfect length for it you can adjust this according to

what you'd prefer and just like the cat ears I used ironing film and my iron set

at three to fuse all the beads together on both sides. With another headband I

positioned the sword so that it looks like it's slanted into a head and I used

lots and lots of hot glue to put this one in place

Here is the Minecraft sword one now you see that it's super shiny because of the

ironing film. I don't know, maybe I could do like this will look scarier oh so now

you can walk around school looks like there's a Minecraft sword stuck in your

head it's kind of like King Arthur who can pull it out. It looks really good with a

black hoodie because the headband is black so that looks that looks pretty

okay I like it this one is awesome too

the last one is a sprout and this was inspired by an Asian trend where

people would put a single hair clip that has a sprout coming out of it so that it

looks like there's something growing out of people's heads yeah I don't

understand either but it's cute so this is what I started the sprout off as and

I changed it up until I liked it and this is the one I used. You guys should

know the ironing process by now and if you don't you should check out my how i

iron perler beads video and this is my sprout you could also use this as a top

leaf of a fruit or vegetable and this goes right in the middle of the headband

Last but not least this is the sprout headband out of all of them this one is

my favorite even though it's kind of small and you might not tell what it is

it's really subtle and I just think it's so cute it's it's like a little you're

like a plant I'm a tomato look I'm a tomato hold on

there see now I look like a vegetable or some sort of planned my school is kind

of like big on agriculture so I think all of the farmers here will appreciate

this one.

Alright guys so that's it for my quick last minute Halloween perler

bead headbands video. There are definitely endless possibilities with

these headbands you can do so many different things with your beads and

just stick them onto any head bands and make a cute little costume even though I

don't know if this would be considered a costume is just like an accessory so if

you have any different ideas I definitely encourage you to try it just

be creative creativity think outside the box and if you do make

some cool headbands don't forget to tag me at QDCrafts on Twitter or

Instagram so that I can see it and give it a like! Speaking of likes don't forget

to hit the thumbs up on this video if you enjoyed it subscribe comment if you

haven't already and turn on that notification bell so that you will not

miss any of my new videos because I will make sure that I post more once I just

once I finished those exams thanks so much for watching guys hope you have a

safe Halloween and I'll see you guys next time with another QDCraft! Bye!

For more infomation >> Last Minute Halloween Perler Bead Headbands (EASY) - Duration: 11:03.

-------------------------------------------

Thử Thách Nakroth " FULL PHÉP " liệu có thể chiến thắng hay không ???? Msuong Channnel - Duration: 15:38.

For more infomation >> Thử Thách Nakroth " FULL PHÉP " liệu có thể chiến thắng hay không ???? Msuong Channnel - Duration: 15:38.

-------------------------------------------

"Naeun, hurry up! we don't have much time!!" [The Return of Superman/2018.10.21] - Duration: 11:28.

It's early in the morning. Is Naeun up?

(Naeun and her dad are still fast asleep.)

(Sleeping)

(Sitting vacantly)

Is that Gunhoo?

My goodness.

My gosh.

Gunhoo wakes up alone but doesn't fuss.

(It translates to, "Naeun".)

(He calls Naeun just like his dad.)

(It translates to, "Wake up, Naeun.")

He's calling for Naeun after waking up.

Naeun.

(Gunhoo's persistent calling)

(wakes his dad up.)

(Sleepy)

(He helps her sleep comfortably.)

Children look beautiful when they are asleep.

They are lovely.

Gunhoo, did you sleep well?

(Dad is here.)

Gunhoo.

(A morning kiss)

I'm going to lie down.

(He clings to his dad)

(and communicates with a babble.)

Gunhoo is an incredibly gentle baby.

(Find me if you can.)

(Dad?)

(Peek-a-boo!)

(Gosh, you startled me.)

(Playing peek-a-boo)

He does it with his dad.

- How cute! / - My goodness.

I want to bite his butt.

Time passes by quickly when we play.

(Naeun is fast asleep.)

Naeun.

It's time to go to kindergarten.

(He gives Naeun a morning kiss.)

- Thank you. / - What?

- Thank you. / - For what?

Naeun, where are you going?

Is Gunhoo awake?

Gunhoo.

(It's Naeun!)

(Falling down)

(Did you sleep well, my brother?)

Gunhoo is acting cute, right?

(Gosh, my brother is so cute.)

(Let's start the day.)

Won't you go to kindergarten?

(Today, Naeun is going to kindergarten.)

Where are you going?

Gunhoo, where are you going?

Gunhoo, where are you going?

(Let's play.)

He can walk well.

Yes. His steps are stable now.

I guess Gunhoo wants to play with it.

Come here.

(She sings a sweet song for Gunhoo.)

(I'm excited.)

He shakes his body from side to side.

(My brother can dance well.)

Naeun, we must eat quickly and leave. It's 7:40 a.m.

The bus will be here soon.

I will make you breakfast. Brush your teeth, okay?

We don't have much time. Hurry up. Take it.

- We don't have much time. / - I'll brush my teeth.

Hurry up.

(She brags about brushing her own teeth.)

Hurry up. We don't have much time.

Come out when you're done.

Gunhoo, let's get your diaper changed.

Give me a second.

(I'm so busy.)

Dad.

It won't come out.

(Coming out)

It came out.

Naeun, what is it?

I have to cook. Are you brushing your teeth?

(It was nothing. I'm doing well.)

I will go and make breakfast.

Naeun, wash your face as well.

She brushes her teeth and washes her face on her own.

She's a smart girl.

(She begins to wash her face.)

(Her touches are tough.)

(I feel refreshed.)

- Did you wash your face? / - Yes.

Where is your backpack for the kindergarten?

Where is your backpack for the kindergarten?

It's here.

Hurry up. We don't have much time.

You feel pressed for time

when you get them ready in the morning.

It's because the bus comes at a set time.

This one.

(She packs her favorite stickers.)

(Sticker, sticker and more sticker)

Naeun, did you finish getting ready?

No. I'm packing.

Do it fast since we don't have time.

I'm doing it fast.

Okay.

Hold on.

Okay.

We don't have time.

That's right. We don't have time.

We don't have time.

I have to hurry up and go.

Gunhoo, stay at home.

I will come back from the kindergarten soon.

Is she moving abroad? Her backpack is full.

I'm sure she's taking what she needs.

I doubt she'll need them at the kindergarten.

(They hold hands and go to the living room.)

Naeun, are you done packing?

Yes. I did it myself.

Did you do it yourself?

Look at what I made.

(My goodness.)

(Dad's toast and foamy milk)

Did I make it well? How is it?

Try it and see if it's tasty.

Is it tasty?

(Let me try it.)

(Is it good?)

Is it good? Let's clink our cups.

Cheers.

(They clink their cups of milk.)

(She elegantly savors the foamy milk.)

It's like a drama.

(This is reminiscent of a drama.)

(It's the famous scene in "Secret Garden".)

(Hyunbin and Ha Jiwon's)

(romantic foam kiss)

Many people recreated the scene.

(Naeun enjoys foamy milk under the sunlight.)

It's like a drama.

- You have something on your lips. / - My goodness.

You have something on your lips.

Here.

(Jooho leans in.)

(They are being sweet in the morning.)

Jooho is really silly.

We don't have time. We need to eat fast.

I will eat.

Okay. Eat fast.

(I'm in a hurry.)

Drink your milk.

She is in a hurry.

(She hurriedly eats her breakfast.)

What time is it? We are late.

We are late.

We are late.

Naeun, why did you pack so many things

to go to the kindergarten?

I need these things.

- We're late. Hurry up. / - Gunhoo is so adorable.

- Gunhoo is staying still. / - I will bring a comb.

He doesn't cry.

It feels like a war in the morning.

Where is it?

(Dad, cheer up.)

(He begins to brush Naeun's hair.)

She doesn't like to get her hair brushed.

Come on.

(It's a war against the hair.)

(It's fun to run away.)

Come on. We don't have time.

Your hair is disheveled.

Naeun, put on the socks.

Do it by yourself. I'll be watching.

(She will try putting on the socks.)

(Working hard)

Naeun, where are you?

(Naeun put on the socks and disappeared.)

(Where is Naeun?)

We don't have time.

Gunhoo, where is Naeun?

Where is Naeun?

Here I am!

Why are you hiding in there?

We need to hurry up and go.

Are you playing a prank in the morning?

We are late. Let's go and take the bus.

- Okay. / - Let's go.

I will be back.

It's here.

It's here!

It's here!

Hello.

- Hello. / - Let's go. Run.

Let's go. You are here.

- Naeun, give me a kiss. / - Give your dad a kiss.

Bye.

(Naeun blows her dad another kiss.)

- Bye. / - Naeun, say bye.

Have fun at the kindergarten.

Bye.

(Naeun leaves for the kindergarten.)

We were in Switzerland before.

It's been about a month and a half

since Naeun started to attend kindergarten here.

She needs to get used to living in Korea,

but she hadn't had Korean friends before.

I'm a bit worried if she can adjust.

I put on the socks by myself.

- Did you do it yourself? / - Yes.

Good job.

Naeun, who should sit next to you? Jaehoon?

Yoochan?

- Yoochan. / - Yoochan?

Who is Yoochan?

- Did she make friends? / - Where is Yoochan?

Yoochan.

- It's a boy. / - Naeun.

- I'm sorry. / - Say bye to your dad.

Yoochan, say bye to your dad.

Yoochan.

Is she holding his hand?

She rarely holds my hand these days.

Who did Naeun come with today?

She came with her dad.

I came with my dad too.

Did you come with your dad?

(Naeun looks at him sweetly.)

What did you say?

Naeun, did you...

Did you eat breakfast?

Yoochan, are you shy?

I ate bread.

Did you eat bread?

(Smiling)

Did you have breakfast?

I haven't had breakfast yet.

What did you do yesterday?

I played with toys.

I have a lot of toy cars.

Yoochan, how did you hurt your nose?

I hurt my nose.

(Blowing)

- I will blow on you as well. / - Will you do that?

Did you give her a kiss? Gosh.

(My goodness.)

Did he... Did he kiss her just now?

Yoochan?

I will remember his name.

I haven't warned Naeun about boys,

but it looks like I should do that now.

Did you give her a kiss?

I guess they will get married.

Get married.

Hold hands.

Are you shy?

Yoochan is blowing hot and cold.

I'm not shy.

(He becomes shy upon hugging her.)

- Do you want some music? / - Yes.

I can sing "Love Scenario".

I can sing it.

Can you sing "Love Scenario", Naeun?

- Yes. / - Really?

(We loved, we met and made)

(Unforgettable memories)

(Music, cue.)

("Love Scenario" by iKON rivals "Baby Shark".)

At first, I thought it was a children's song.

I thought it was "Make a Promise".

I sang her that song.

I should practice "Love Scenario".

(Naeun stays excited en route.)

For more infomation >> "Naeun, hurry up! we don't have much time!!" [The Return of Superman/2018.10.21] - Duration: 11:28.

-------------------------------------------

The Philippines Part 4 - Duration: 7:44.

After we left Oslob we went to Moalboal

Here Christoffer and I took our diving certificates

I took the advanced and Christoffer took an open water course

You are doing great!

The advantage of being a particular place for a longer period of time is that

you get to know the place better

and

And I was lucky enough to walk around

Almost completely undisturbed

In the streets of Moalboal

Christoffer and I had a wonderful experiences in Moalboal

And we dived so much that we got headaches because of it

and

After we had been to Moalboal we went to El Nido

It's frustrating that it's raining in El Nido

Because there is no doubt about that it is the most beautiful place we have ever been

El Nido is one of the most popular places to visit in the Philippines

And I understand why

This fortage cannot justify how beautiful this is

Good boy!

Do you show me a way?

Yes

But where to?

Hi Bubbi!

Hi!

We are lucky enough to get on new adventures

Together with new cool people

Despite the weather

Still we manage to experience a lot of great things

and

Get get the culture close

The clearest of water was in Moalboal

and that was also where we saw all the turtles

However, we saw rays and bigger fish here in El Nido

And because I didn't want us to go under water twice in this episode

I have chosen to compress our footage from both Moalboal and El Nido in this section.

In El Nido we swam to the boat in the morning

And then we went out on our diving trip

And that was a great way to start the day

There is no doubt that it is the most beautiful to see the underwater with your own eyes

A camera in general has a hard at capturing colors but under water its even harder

Even if you are videofilming with a GoPro

I lost my red filter in Moalboal

and that is the reason why some of the footage is very blue ish

And some of the footage will be filled with colour

It was amazing to dive here in the Philippines

Its a place that is really

contains a lot of underwater animals

And its a great pleasure to show you all of these amazing footage that I've got

For more infomation >> The Philippines Part 4 - Duration: 7:44.

-------------------------------------------

More requests pour in for active shooter training after Pittsburgh shooting - Duration: 1:43.

For more infomation >> More requests pour in for active shooter training after Pittsburgh shooting - Duration: 1:43.

-------------------------------------------

Students arrested after roughing up campus bears - Duration: 1:24.

For more infomation >> Students arrested after roughing up campus bears - Duration: 1:24.

-------------------------------------------

Getting TOO Scared? How Do You Read Suspense? - Duration: 1:01.

For more infomation >> Getting TOO Scared? How Do You Read Suspense? - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Get to Know Paranormal Romance Author Gena Showalter - Duration: 17:17.

- Hey everyone, it is Jessica from PeaceLoveBooks

and today I'm here with a really exciting video

and it is an interview with the one and only Gena Showalter.

She sat down with me to answer a couple of questions

and to share some things about her writing and her reading

and any recommendations she has for us.

And so I hope you guys enjoy this video,

it was super fun to sit down and chat with Gena, so enjoy.

(upbeat music)

Alright, so, thank you for being here today.

- Thank you for having me.

- I'm very excited to talk about your new book,

Shadow and Ice, right, is the name.

- Yes, yes.

- Yes, so, do you wanna go ahead and tell us

a little bit what that's about?

- Absolutely, it's a brand new paranormal romance series,

sizzling hot, in it, all of the world is a battlefield.

And it's like a pairing of Gladiators and Highlander

'cause there can be only one.

All of these different realms have sent

their best representative or combatant to fight

to win the right to rule Earth and so they make it,

they're at viking times, they end up getting frozen.

And then fast forward to modern day

when our heroine stumbles upon the cave

with all of these frozen warriors

and the ice starts cracking and the war resumes, so.

- Okay, I've gotten that far, so far and it' so.

It felt like a movie as I was reading it.

So I really loved it, how engaging it was.

- Thank you.

- And so, it's publishing on the 23rd.

- Yes.

- And so, I was wondering,

you have a lot of books that you've written already.

- Yes, yes.

- So, this is probably like, you're used to it

but is there anything that's still like nerveracking

about publishing a new book?

- Absolutely, any time a new book releases

there's this waiting and wondering

what are readers gonna think.

Are they gonna love it, are they gonna hate it,

is this gonna be a success?

Is it going to be better than the last one?

Things like that, so waiting for the reader response

is always a bit of a nail biter.

- Do you actually read your reviews of your books?

I know it's different for every other but, okay.

- No, no, I used to.

- Yeah.

- In the beginning I did but some of that

can stay with you when you're writing.

- I bet, a good idea.

- So, I've stopped reading all reviews

and I just, and sometimes I'm tagged in them.

- Yeah.

- So I'll see things like that or my friends or editors,

somebody will pass something along

and say check this out, so.

- Okay, okay, I know, I feel like it would be so hard

just to read every single review of what you write

and be like, oh, yeah.

- Oh, yes, no, I can no longer do that.

- Yeah, yeah.

- For my sanity.

- So, Shadow and Ice is the first in a new series.

- Yes.

- And so, what's your favorite part about writing a series?

So, I know your other series has 14 books in it, right?

- Yes, yeah.

- Yes, which is a ton.

- Yeah.

- So, you obviously enjoy writing series', so.

- I do, I love creating friendships

and then exploring the dynamics of that

and revisiting couples and the friendships again.

And just pairing people who might not be bonded by blood

but they love each other and the loyalty is there.

And it's just revisiting the people.

It's always about the people for me.

- So, you've write in a lot of genres.

So, you have YA, you have contemporary,

you have paranormal, you do everything.

- Yes.

- What's your favorite to write?

- Well, I love all of them but for different reasons.

The paranormal, you know, it's limitless.

Whatever I can think up I can write about and the men.

They're just so powerful and hot, hot, hot

and then the contemporaries,

it's like an escape from reality.

It's like you can take this bad world

and find something beautiful in it.

And then with the YA it's,

you have these characters who are coming of age.

They're learning what they want, they're,

for having first experiences.

And so, there's something wonderful about every genre.

- So, I teach high school english.

You probably didn't know that

and one of my students was reading one of your books

and I was really excited when I saw him pull it out.

- Yeah, me too.

- It was so exciting, yeah, 'cause I read her.

I don't read the YA books but she's awesome,

so that was funny, so how long have you been writing for?

- My first book published when I was 27

and I'm now in my, closing in on mid 40s.

So, and I wrote for about five years before I got published.

- Oh, wow, okay.

- Yes.

- So, you've been writing almost 20 years.

- Yes.

- What have you learned about yourself

as a writer in all of that time?

- I've learned that I'm OCD about finishing a project.

I have learned that I cannot make everyone happy

and I just have to be okay with that,

I just have to make myself happy.

I've learned that I have a very warped sense of humor.

I have learned that I enjoy torturing my characters.

- I mean, those are sometimes the best books though, so.

- Yeah, yeah.

- That's good that you've learned that.

- Yeah.

- Which of your characters do you feel

is most like you, that you've written?

- I'm probably a mix between

Val and Nola from Shadow and Ice.

You never have to wonder where you stand with me.

I'll just tell you, so I truly believe that

if somebody hurts my feelings or something it's,

they didn't mean to, it's coming from a good place.

I just, I'm happy, affectionate, I hope and very loyal.

I love my people, I love them hard, so

and I saw a lot of that in

Val and Nola and their relationship.

- Is it easy or hard to write someone like yourself?

- You know, the easiest characters to write

are the ones that talk the loudest.

Whether they're like me or not like me.

They tend to just take over a scene and just,

it's almost like vomiting words.

Because they're loud, they're there,

you know they're there, they want their page time

and you give it to them, so.

- Yeah.

- The loud characters are the easiest.

- Okay.

- And they're my favorites too, so.

- Yeah, what inspired you to first writing paranormal?

I don't know what you started writing

when you first published, but.

- You know, so the very first book that I wrote that

it was titled Heaven's Fury and will never be published.

- Okay.

- It's garbage.

- Okay.

- But it was a paranormal romance and I had read.

The first paranormal romance that I read was

Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey.

- Okay.

- And I was reading it thinking writers can do this,

this is something that can be published?

And I was just so amazed and so,

it was like this is what I wanna do.

It was one of those moments where it was like yes,

I have found my calling, this is what I'm going to do

and so, yes, it was Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey.

- Okay.

- Yeah.

- Cool, I'll have to check that out,

I didn't know she wrote paranormal.

Doesn't she write historical?

- She mostly wrote historical.

- Okay, yeah.

- She had a handful of these paranormals.

- Okay, okay.

- With aliens, so.

- Yeah, okay.

- Yeah.

- I'll have to check those out.

Do you ever find it hard to write new paranormal creatures?

Like, I know you, I've started reading your Fallen Angels

series, not Fallen Angels but just

the Angel series that you have.

- Yes, dark, Angles of the Dark.

- Yes, yeah and then you have like all these

crazy paranormal ones and Shadow and Ice.

How do you even like come up with these creatures?

- Yep, that is a question that my editor asked me too.

- Yeah.

- She said, she wanted to take a little vacation in my brain

to find out where the.

- Yeah.

- And, it's just, ideas are never a problem

and it's just a matter of sitting down

and connecting the dots.

Like, I could have a grain of an idea for like this power

but yet it needs to be blended with this and,

I don't, it's just all in there.

- Yeah, it's 'cause there's so many in

the beginning of Shadow and Ice.

There all from different places.

- Yes.

- And I was like how do you come up with all of this?

It's just so much, okay, yeah.

- Yes, yeah, that was a little bit of a challenge.

- Yeah.

- To have a certain number of warriors,

all of them came from a different realm.

- Yeah.

- All of them have a different power,

all of them wield a different weapon.

All of them have, you know, different rules

and experiences and stuff and so, yes,

that was a little bit of a challenge.

But I had so much fun with that book.

- Are you inspired by any other writers

and if so, who are they?

- I am, you know, I,

September was two writing retreats for me.

- Oh, that's fun.

- Yes, the only trips I really did this year

were these two writing retreats

and one of 'em was with Jo Monroe, Mandy M. Roth,

Michelle M. Pillow, Kristen Painter, Roxanne St. Claire,

Theona Rorick and Lee Duncan.

And every day we got together and we brainstormed,

we wrote, we encouraged each other.

And it really did fill my creative well

and I left that retreat just ready

with a passion burning to write.

And then the other trip was with Jo Monroe, Kresley Cole,

P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast.

And again, it was being around these amazingly talented,

creative women, it just, and their encourage.

The way they encourage other writers

is just so beautiful and I did walk away

from those trips just ready to go.

- Do you go on those trips a lot, the writer's retreats?

- No, actually.

- Okay.

- Normally I'm like under deadline.

- Yeah.

- And I'm just not able to and so I was under this

deadline for both trips and I said, you know what,

I need to be around other women who are writers

and who have this burning passion as well.

Because I had been feeling burnt out

and then being around them just lit the fire.

So, I made, it took a lot of doing to go

but I'm so glad that I did.

- Yeah, I mean and it always looks like

when writers go on retreats it's just so much fun.

- It really is.

- You're just with your people, yeah.

- It was so much and you would think because.

We spent the majority of our time working and that,

you know, if anyone looking in might not think that that's,

you know, but we would take breaks and talk to each other.

And say, hey, I just hit this snag and you know,

do you have any ideas to help me get out of this.

- Yeah.

- Corner that I've written myself in, so,

it is a lot of fun, we would just giggle like schoolgirls.

- So, you went with, at least I know,

I recognize a lot of names

on that second trip, of paranormal authors.

- Yes.

- Do you have any paranormal recommendations

of romances that you like to read?

- Yes, yes, yes, Mortals After Dark by Kresley Cole.

If you have not read it, do it immediately,

just stop what you're doing and go, get order, one click.

Immortal Ops by Mandy M. Roth, the Warlock McGregors

by Michelle M. Pillow, Goddess Summoning series

by P.C. Cast, Nocturne Falls by Kristen Painter,

Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward,

Guild Hunters by Nalini Singh, Christine Feehan.

There are so many amazing authors, Karen Marie Moning.

Man, I could, we could, I could spend an hour.

- Yeah.

- Just talking about these wonderful, amazing women.

- Do you find yourself having

a lot of time to read through your writing?

- No, you know, before I started writing

I was a reader first, I read so much, all the time.

In fact I read as a teenager and my dad said,

he thought that I hated the family

because my nose was always buried in a book.

I never wanted to go do whatever they were doing.

I wanted to finish my book

and so I have always been a reader.

And that is one of the things I regret,

that as I'm working on a book,

I don't want somebody else's voice to.

- That's true, that's true.

- Lead into mine and so I try not to read other

people's work while I'm working on a rough draft.

But when I finish I just go on a binge

and just read as much as I can.

- Yeah.

- Yeah.

- I was wondering, 'cause like a lot of writers

start out as readers but then obviously you aren't

gonna have a lot of time while you're writing.

- And, you know what, I'm so glad that I did read

as much as I did because I think it helped build this

unconscious like, what would it, what is it called

where I just, I know like when to, plot points,

when it needs to turn.

- Yeah.

- Just instinctively know that this is the point

that this needs to happen and this is the point that

that needs to happen and I don't have to.

I don't plot it out all of the time, so.

- Oh, really, okay.

- Yeah, I just, will just, a lot times will just

sit down and keep, just go.

- Oh, that's awesome,

I know a lot of authors are super different.

- Yes.

- Either at like panster, plotter, that kind of thing, so.

- And I would say that I'm both.

- Yeah.

- Because I've done it both ways.

It always just depended on the book

and the idea and the characters.

But most of them I've probably just

sat down and started writing.

- Yeah and you had talked about being on deadline

and like needing more inspiration.

Do you ever find it hard to meet your deadlines

if you're not feeling that inspiration?

- I never did before, I guess, you know, people ask,

do you wait for the muse to write and I always say no.

I never wait for the muse because you can't.

- Yeah.

- Because, it's a job and you have deadlines

and if you wait for that then your deadline could pass

and you've written nothing.

So, I treat it as a job, I write every day.

If I'm sick I write, if I don't want to write, I write

and you just, I treat it as a job that I love

but I make myself do it when I don't want to.

- Yeah.

- But I used to, I was so far ahead of my deadlines

but lately I have been a wee bit behind

because I rewrote one book three times.

- Oh my gosh, wow.

- Yeah, so I should have two other books done

but I went ahead and rewrote that one.

- Yeah.

- But it coulda, I knew it could be better.

- Okay.

- And so I talked with my editor each time

and we talked about what to do and what to change.

And it's, the title is The Evil Queen and it's young adult,

the first in a new series, The Forest of Good and Evil.

And it is a retelling of Snow White from

the Evil Queen's point of view as a teenager.

- Okay, wow.

- Yes and I'm so in love with this idea and these characters

and this world, it had to be right, so I put the work in.

- Do you like doing like retellings?

- Yes.

- 'Cause isn't that what your other YA one is, yeah.

- Yes, yeah, yes and you know,

I'll do like loosely inspired retellings.

Beauty and the Beast comes up a lot

and that's what I'm working on now.

It's the second book in the Gods of War book.

It's Bane, the one who has the beast inside of him.

- Okay.

- And Nola, she's his heroine.

- Okay.

- Yeah, so I'm working on that one right now

and but yes, fairy tales do inspire a lot of my books.

- Do you have to make sure you like pay attention

to that character if you know their book's coming next?

Because I feel like you can't draw some random character.

- Yeah, you know because what's happened in the past

is I have had added a character that I thought was

a throw away character that would just

come into the book and that was it.

But they stuck around and they ended up being a hero

or a heroine of another book

and I'm stuck with their backstory that I hate or something.

- Oh no, yeah.

- Yes, so it's, yeah, so now I'm a little bit more

careful about every, anybody who comes into the book.

- Yeah, anything else you wanna add?

- No, it was just so wonderful to speak with you.

- Yeah.

- And to discuss Shadow and Ice,

I'm so excited about it's release.

- Alright, well thank you so much.

- Thank you.

- Alright, bye.

- Okay, bye.

- Thank you so much for watching my video with Gena.

I hope you enjoyed everything she had to say.

I know that I learned so much about her writing process

in her books and I'm blown away by her as an author.

Let me know down below what you love from Gena,

what favorite books of yours she has written

and what I should read, I would love to know.

I've only read three books by Gena

so I would love to know your favorites by her

and what I should start with next.

I know she has a massive Lord of the Underworld series

so if you love that let me know.

I would love to hear it and while you're at it

make sure click subscribe for any recommendations

for romance in the future from read list

because this is the perfect place for any romance author

and book recommendations and a chat all day romance

which you guys know, I love.

And that's all I have for you,

as always thank you so much for watching

and have a good day, bye.

For more infomation >> Get to Know Paranormal Romance Author Gena Showalter - Duration: 17:17.

-------------------------------------------

Go Do It | Mary Vernal | Make it Happen Monday - Duration: 1:46.

Good Morning everybody, happy Make It Happen Monday I hope everybody is doing

fabulous. So I was in Aylmer Canada last week filming my first or presenting my

first international speech. It was so much fun. I was there a few days ahead of

time to practice with a great group of expert speakers and the time was fun and

challenging and exhausting and exhilarating and pushed me out of my

comfort zone and had wonderful laughter and shared love with these amazing

people and it was just such a great experience and it just reminded me to

remind you to do things. Go and be brave and do things that maybe scare you, do

things that you longed to do that you don't think maybe are possible and get

out there and live your life. Don't settle. You know one of the things I

talked about in my speech was no matter what your life looks like only you get

to decide if it's settling or not. So don't settle, go live this beautiful

glorious life all right. I'm posting a couple pictures below

from the event I will have photographs and a video of my speech and when that

comes out I would love to share it with you, but in the meantime go embrace this

beautiful October weather and go do something that scares you or excites you

but something different than your normal day-to-day. Go after your dreams I've got

you back baby go do it. Have a great week!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét