Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 10, 2018

Waching daily Oct 31 2018

- For example for me, working in the shipping line,

which is a very mutlicultural environment,

with the people I work with,

but also with the subject matter.

I deal with a lot of matters pertaining to China,

pertaining to Asia as well,

so the mere fact I can speak, I can write,

I can read Chinese fluently,

it was a huge advantage.

So that's why I sometimes I talk to people

coming from international law background,

international students background, I always

say to them, look for opportunities

where you can maximise and utilise your advantage;

your linguistic advantage for that example.

But even from a cultural perspective,

I guess because we are doing a lot of business

with Asia and because there are student youngsters

without the cultural difference,

so if you're coming from that background,

people will always come to ask you

how should I handle this particular client.

And they always will come to seek your expertise

because you are a native person from that culture.

So I would say from your last question,

the disadvantage can really be utilised

and changed to be advantage.

And so, if we change our perspective

and we find the right opportunity

and right place, really, it will work for us

rather than against us.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét