the first Just Dance contest here at Arte Solidária has just begun
and I'll be your host, you'll have to tolerate me, sorry
P.S.: the host also danced
good night, everyone thank you
-------------------------------------------
DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN!? | Longest Night: Lost Constellation Pt.1 - Duration: 18:55.
hello everyone it's me Jayskibean and
welcome to the longest night lost
constellation now is it's kind of I
don't know if it's a sand game or what
it is i'm pretty sure it's like the same
it's the same people who made night in
the woods i know it's in the same
universe is what it said in the
description on Ichigo just gonna show up
right in a new game oh but interact
flash through a rotate moves face okay
okay all right I'm not using the
controller gonna rub the bank haha you
want to spend longest night in jail get
a rub on the desk don't never catch me
there will be time enough when you're
older for felonies in jail what's a
felony a bad thing they put you in jail
for not if they don't catch me okay how
about a story before bedtime along its
night story sure but not a dumb one like
charity Verity how about a ghost story
oh yeah all right then I hope lots of
people died in it perfect kept quiet kid
I'm starting over here long ago in the
Hills there was gameplay and the
gameplay was great here we go uncle gets
plays this gag far from home here
alright could just go back no it's been
a year and you made a promise get a hold
of yourself you're not gonna die any
other night i love the music you're
gonna see her again and come back with a
star all the music is so cool i like it
and i can click with the little thingy
is there a sprint button
gather snowball down to interact oh I
see I have oh cool so you actually see
on the top corner of the screen behind
my face cam where you guys are all the
snowballs okay that's awesome wait i am
good thrower I like how they come down I
like it
that's so cool I think this will work I
think what will work and gather into the
snow bald brow what's up cat cat hey cat
do you live in this forest near enough
can I ask you a question you're going to
die in there tonight wow that's
unhelpful is it where are you going
tonight go away cat I'm on my way down
the hills tonight but I'll be back I'll
collect shiny things from the cold
pocket of fools like you stop bothering
me I think it's you who bothered me get
going then but there's always a moment
to watch a fool like her make last
mistake wait a full maker last can't
read I can't read oh very nice that's
helpful ask at her well the good longest
night to you I'll be going through your
pockets by morning okay thanks goodbye
well that wasn't any help where does
this happen Zach where my grandparents
came from but long before they live did
they have the longest night back then
they did what did they call it longest
night Oh awesome this music is so great
to I could see you know I fun fact I've
never played a night in the woods and
I've never watched anyone play in night
in the woods but it looks so good
pilgrim hello you I'm father patients
forget not God forget not God oh wow
that is a name it was gifted me when I
was always Ainge what was your name
before cookie mud what okay that's a
change you wish to say a prayer and this
destroying of st. were Lonnie her
beloved of the forests called were shown
the way to the chasm in the red veil and
into his holy mountain you said that all
without taking a breath why took breath
so do you want to pray or not why yes I
do no not right now all I see so you can
choose no not right now no not right now
thanks go with the Peace of the god of
the forest my child go in the place of
the gut okay whatever alright Emmys but
we're gonna go oh I like that was that
hey big snowball can I have it
I'm gonna roll it this way oh yeah oh
what's that can you stop throwing them
okay whatever oh hey poink more get you
big old snowball which now is just
rolling them and keep them in front of
you keep on that front is it was this oh
okay that's a good omen I'm sure is that
a hand signal the ground crap Almighty
is that hey skeleton no it isn't
skeleton okay source snowballs at it
okay so that's the skeleton you can
really tell for those clothes let's go
guys we we all right keep going so am I
an alligator or was a crook crocodile
you click on the big stars snowballs at
its click
I have to stay all I see okay okay hello
hello interested in the coffin in the
short term or in the long run in the
long run these are times the days are
short in the ninth along in the winter
lasts forever meaning meaning you have a
bright future and being a lump in a
snowbank the headrest west's home well
this is where I'm going some trees here
move you'll confuse your bath and then
to the powers of God of this forest and
you'll never obtain the permission to
pound so this is why you're trying to
sell me a coffin and provide a servant
if you pay me now or we'll collect your
remains and bring them back to your
relations you charged in advance for
this I can't really charge any other
time oh right well I don't have any
money yeah and no cops reason and your
ghost will be quite unhappy whatever who
cares I lost my snowballs oh well that's
okay i'll probably didn't meet them
onward into the night we go so the trees
are moving that's cool all right was
that hmm what's this looks like a good
spot for a snowman oh of course it is
so do I have to mix new mean punk wait
so am I just like getting stuck okay it
says point I see okay I in debate I do
need to make a snowman I do i do I do
poink I need one more right oh no I
don't do i what i'm confused Oh what was
what's all this then I'll he just kids
decorate him engineering camera hey to
bone at bowne clink clink I'm confused
where the happy music came from I'm
totally like
we've got cabbage eyes no Cole eyes and
I'm super confused
yes that's my snowman what if it shows
up yet ah oh my god what am I what's
happening oh are you okay what am I
you're a snowman I'm just water and
garbage how are you talking I don't know
what anything you wouldn't happen to
know where to find the forest cod with
you there's nothing about me that is it
for us some sky it's like a poem what am
i you're like a poem ah the snowman is
no help well isn't first you don't
succeed kill it and make a better one
haha well okay you got that partly right
which part lift it up I'll tell you so
you're what it ghost no ghost wait you
are no ghosts where you have no ghost
what am I how's it going what is going
ok this how's it going what is okay all
right all right she's gonna say the same
thing over them ok then mom go on the
girl go this way we've got interesting
what is that
was that like a piece of a Ouija board
like a little thing that they use or was
it a guitar pick I bet it was a guitar
pick yeah well hello sir you know what
the fray or not why yes I do you may
recite when ready huh sorry I got coffee
gracious tree Lord leafy embarked
exalted bear enthroned above enchanted
dear monster who pee in the night haha
dear monster okay I'll admit that one
was the total again you clearly have not
known are for Scott listen I'm not from
around here in go return where you have
been granted knowledge okay so that's to
find the forest cotton and go back to
them in drifting religious is just that
this is probably the same yes a coffin
what you say about my ghost ghost atty
here stay there and they're ghosts live
frozen until it's disturbed oh all this
laughter them our Luck's in the snow and
the things they brought with them
gathering from Oh what is it what those
ghosts could tell us in these hard times
can I have a drink or something no well
okay then the guys haven't noticed I'm
kind of sick get like a sinus infection
going on
nobody knows no fun okay so I animagus
snowman I need to make a better snowmen
ok so the god is not a deer that much is
right awesome throw in this okay there
we go I need to make it just snowman and
you need to make it right cuz apparently
I didn't make one how to make it
correctly last time oh boy yes that is
definitely a Ouija board piece we're
gonna put that there and this here and I
don't have there's no head it really
isn't there's no head we put that here
that here does that tell me what it
should look like is that what that is
sideways and this thing
yeah okay how about that see if that
works talk to it hello hello are you
okay well just before now I was dead and
I'm still dead so there's that oh sorry
maybe this means i could leave these
woods and go wherever dead people go is
that how that works I think I was some
sort of a daze and just woke me up
almost cuz i put the Ouija board teeth
so I could talk to the dead now that's
that's perfect okay not a guitar pick if
you want to return the favor i need some
help i could sell your fortune I can
contact the dead I need to find the
forest god I need to get through the
woods oh well is the first the first
parts easy enough find the trying to say
the North's canticle what's that well
isn't a church girl what's that in their
wings in their trees all things I be at
peace keeps all care they are coming god
of the forest carry us ah where'd you
learn that we only set it in church
twice a week and also five times a day
didn't you I'm not from around here once
I wasn't neither listen I still have
some remnant of my sensitivity what if
you're lost i can try to point you in
the right direction thanks who are you I
mean are you a ghost I don't know who
were you before I was a fortune teller
in a medium a real one real enough see I
found this thing in a tree and then I
knew I had to build you hear some elk
and séances please seances I can't say
that word guys I'm so sorry and see if
they once's yeah whatever we would often
old an object of importance to the
deceased did it work well enough as for
why here well sometimes the grave is the
best place to contact the dead oh god is
this your grave not mine it appeared to
be in here's to be someone's final
resting place your berries people way
out here snow okay i'm done i'm not
talking to this guy continue continue
there's a nice game it really is i'm not
gonna go in there again so much dialogue
dupa dupa dupa dupa dupa innocent hey
skeleton doesn't say anything back so
whatever what is that okie dokie morale
um hello evening where is oh my god you
ate father patients forget not God no he
left you're wearing his little hat you
gave me this hat I feel so official I
hate you wait do you need to hear this
wait why do you need to do is it's not
for me or the mouse for the shrine hmm
her in their wings in their trees link
continue Oh continue I'm gonna I'm just
gonna say all of it no oh boy see what
it does very nice oh I did a thing I
didn't think so those snow things are
ghosts well they have ghosts in them all
there goes what do you think no what do
you think well I think sometimes people
stay with you long after they're gone
it's grandma get us now SS I'm the best
days yes I don't want you to ever be a
ghost Oh may i'll be around to see your
own kids no you won't well may that's
not a very nice thing to say no I mean I
don't ever what kids ever I want to big
woolly barn cats and an old hound dog
and while all hallowed the moon never
changed me ah
ok so I'm going to continue from here so
now what hello what is this then hello
hello traveler and who are you idina and
I'm an astronomer I seek an audience
with the forest god I'm sorry I Dina but
the forest Scott will not entertain you
Kings emperors ones of high import only
does am i permitted to allow through but
I'm important I'm an empress and they
wear a blindfold but I can you hear that
you are alone in no adverse would travel
alone this is highly improper this is
highly annoying you are indeed an
empress bring your end all right
whatever that word was here entourage
here and we shall discuss the situation
until then have a pleasant longest night
Thanks ok well guys I'm gonna finish
tape so it off here I hope you guys
enjoyed this was lost constellation it
seems like a spin-off kinda but I feel
like as friends and make the same
creators I really got to look into that
like I gotta read up on this before I
started playing it again I like it I
really like the art style in expect me
to play a night in the woods very soon I
really like it so I hope you guys
enjoyed if you did make sure you select
that like button underneath the video
and until next time I'll see you guys
later
-------------------------------------------
Best Ways to Get Rid of Dark Lips Naturally at Home - Duration: 3:14.
the problem of pigmented darker black
lips is not uncommon especially when all
of us craves for soft smooth and pinkish
lips but why do the lips turn dark or we
must say black why does this so-called
with discoloration happen today video
will show you how to make dark liq
flight naturally few of the reasons
could be due to lack of proper care as
well as an unhealthy lifestyle they are
said to be few of the reasons that can
lead to a loss of the natural wood color
making them appear darker black one say
no to smoking every beauty tips for it
says that nicotine causes darkening of
the lips and lift discolorations
otherwise also smoking is known to cause
cancer and other diseases to drink less
coffee excess consumption of tea and
coffee can turn the lips black in
addition to staining your teeth so limit
your caffeine intake in order to avoid
your lips from acquiring a darker hue 3
minimize sun exposure exposure to the
Sun also causes LIF darkening as there
is an increased amount of melanin
pigment in the lips ensure that you use
lip products with SPF UV protectors if
you are going to spend time outside for
check your lipsticks prolonged and
excessive use of lipsticks and lip
cosmetics especially lower quality ones
can also cause you with pigmentation use
lipstick sparingly apply only when you
need them the most and always buy lip
products from reputed brands ensure that
you check for the expert date and not
use expired lipstick server products
always remove your lip makeup using a
good look makeup remover or olive or
almond or coconut oil 5 scrub the youth
a natural lip scrub at least once every
week to remove dead films and dry skin
from your lips and improve blood
circulation
can mix five to six drops of olive oil
and 1 teaspoon sugar and uses for
exfoliating your lips once you rinse off
apply healing lip butter or your
favorite lip moisturizer 6 don't set
your lips dermatologists advise as not
to sucker lick lips so as to keep them
wet if not taken care this will further
drive them out leading to darkening of
the lips 7 avoid chlorinated water
chlorinated water could also be
responsible for pigmented lip have you
ever tried these methods to avoid dark
lips do share your thoughts in our
comment section below if you like this
video give it a thumbs up and share with
your friends for more daily tips
subscribe to our channel below thank you
-------------------------------------------
Zelda: Breath of the Wild #22 - PLUS D'ENDURANCE, ON AIME ! - Duration: 19:05.
For more infomation >> Zelda: Breath of the Wild #22 - PLUS D'ENDURANCE, ON AIME ! - Duration: 19:05. -------------------------------------------
Weird news today (weird stories 2017) | Hundreds strip off on Brighton Beach | odd news stories - Duration: 3:52.
For more infomation >> Weird news today (weird stories 2017) | Hundreds strip off on Brighton Beach | odd news stories - Duration: 3:52. -------------------------------------------
Who is Real Voluptuous ? : वास्तविक भोगी कौन ?-By Mahashunya(In Hindi) - Duration: 3:31.
Mahashunya talks on "Who is Real Voluptuous ? : वास्तविक भोगी कौन ?" at Dehradun in 2009. Watch his videos at http://www.youtube.com/sadgurumahashunya
-------------------------------------------
ARE WE NICE? | EXPLORING A FRENCH MAGAZINE - Duration: 6:14.
I don't know Jo
I'm just feeling really uncomfortable
This situation is really stressful
Whaddup it's Damon
It's Jo
It's Damon and Jo.
Some time ago, Jo bought this magazine
that you've...never read
It's been 8 months
I've read little articles here and there but
I didn't know there was a test though
She read the horoscopes
That's true
Can we check?
Cancer:
Oh so you're gonna read yours first
*Unintelligible French*
What? You're speaking German.
I don't know...I didn't get it
Near the end of the month, you'll be on top of your game
And your morale too
It's gonna get better
Yeah, ok.
Libra!
I'm a Scorpion
That was a test!
It's October 12th.
You mean the 2nd?
The 12th...I mean the 2nd!
You have everything
Ideas, optimism, leadership
And the right contacts
Alright Libra
Mr. Perfect
Your love is sure to be exciting and full of tenderness
So looks like a good month for you!
We're gonna take this test today
"Are you too nice?"
Jo, are you too nice?
Your hairstylist didn't know when to stop cutting your hair
You compare him to Edward Scissorhands
"Oh, ok, very good" but on the way out, you buy a hat
"The haircut after this was bald, right?"
Such a Parisian response
The second one
I ...
Nevermind let's just continue
Maxou completely forgot about your birthday
You'd forget his.
Just by accident
He's gotta leave a cheesecake from PIcard in the freezer
I miss that store, Picard
It doesn't exist here
You know I've never stepped foot in that store
And you know why?
Jo: Each time I tried going in
Damon: No, Jo, I *don't* know why!
Jo: It's because it was a holiday
So it was closed
Wasn't my fault
In the cafeteria, someone left their badge and it's long.
I hate that
I hate waiting on people!
Yet everyone has to wait on me
You wait while talking to the grill cook
Maybe
You put his meal on your card
You change cash registers
I'd for sure change cash registers
If you were a sweet,
A twix, hard shell, soft inside
Soft, melting inside
A marshmallow?
A "rouleau de réglisse" - I don't know what that is
C'mon, I'm a Twix
You'd be a marshmallow
What's that supposed to mean?
Cuz you're always in white
A marshmallow! I go to the gym you know?
No but you're
Some biotch just stole your parking spot
You know what I'mma do with my hand
With your middle finger, you show him/her your angry
Or, you give a smile and look somewhere else.
Hahaha, I. Hate. You.
Yeah I used to do that
I would do that
I would smile
Hold up, two seconds
Yeah
Two seconds
Show the camera
Your lips, Jo
You've got something
Right there
What is it?
Kindness rhymes with (rhymes in French)
You interest me
Wisdom
Caresse
Caresse, always
I must touch
This is becoming another kind of test
Among your guests, there's a vegetarian
who's also gluten-free
Who's also lactose-intolerant
who doesn't like fruits
He brings what he wants to eat
You say to him, "Oh poor guy"
You say to him, "Oh, what a nuisance"
Well it depends on the person
What a boring answer
Be a little more intersting with your answers
if someone's gonna keep watching this video
If it's for you, I'd say "You can eat nothing!"
Oh and who just cooked for you?
You
You ready for the outcome? *uses formal "you"*
"Formal you" cuz I don't know
Can we be friends and use the "informal you?"
The answer!
We're gonna find out now if I'm too nice
The answers
Red
Purple
Blue
I'm a little bit of everything
Red
So what this means is that
You're a generous person
Oh whatever
I'm a happy person?
No, "generous"
What's that mean?
You're pragmatic
Who knows how to raise their voice
Ya better believe it
Or when someone shady is harassing you in the street
You'd say something
You'd say I'm a boyfriend
So do you feel like a generous person?
I feel good
I feel great
So happy we just spent all that time taking this test
I knew already that I have a limit
Everyone's got a limit
No, not everyone!
There are people who are gonna continue being nice
And at the end of the idea, it's a big ol mess
So if you're someone who is too nice
Ya gotta reflect
Stop bein' so nice!
Be nice and share our video!
So that we reach 1,000,000 subscribers
And also
Bisous, ciao! See you next time.
Click to the side, there are videos in French
Even a playlist in French
See you in the next video
*makes super French noise*
I love making that sound in French
I started doing it in English and other languages
And people just look at me like I'm weird
It's very Spongebob
We gotta end with a big...
-------------------------------------------
DIY LIQUID LETTER - Duration: 1:53.
acetate
permanent markers
transparent plastic tablecloth
Parchment paper
iron
baby oil
-------------------------------------------
Oka's Nightmare (Watch with Subtitles) - Duration: 0:41.
Do you ever have nightmares?
I do.
They're always the same.
He never leaves me alone.
I hear them. He's near.
Help me.
-------------------------------------------
R Ashwin breaks Dale Steyn's record for most Test wickets in a season India vs Australia - Duration: 2:40.
For more infomation >> R Ashwin breaks Dale Steyn's record for most Test wickets in a season India vs Australia - Duration: 2:40. -------------------------------------------
Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Never Supposed To Happen - Duration: 6:54.
They're iconic.
They're memorable.
And they were never meant to happen.
Sometimes, an ingenious on-set improvisation creates a moment that not even a film's directors
and screenwriters could capture, and unexpectedly cements itself as an unquestionable classic.
Though they were never in the script, here are a few memorable movie scenes that just
kind of… happened.
Caddyshack
One of the most popular comedies in history, it isn't hard to understand why Caddyshack
is a classic, especially with a cast that included Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield and
Bill Murray.
The film had a chaotic production, thanks to the cast's penchant for constantly ad-libbing
their lines, but Murray was easily the worst offender.
In what's become known among fans as the "Cinderella" scene, Murray, as caddy Carl Spackler, fantasizes
about life as a professional golfer — and the rest is comedy history.
"Somebody know where, he's got about 350 yards, he's gonna hit about 500 yards, don't ya think?
He's got a beautiful back swing.
That's!
Oh, he got out of that one!"
According to director Harold Ramis, the improv ran almost 30 minutes, which is something
we'd all love to see in a Director's Cut.
Unfortunately, it'll probably never happen.
"I want ---"
"You'll get nothing and like it!"
Dazed and Confused
Matthew McConaughey has built an impressive filmography over the years, but no matter
how many awards he wins, he'll never escape the three words he uttered in 1993.
"Alright, alright, alright!"
It's become one of the signature lines from Dazed and Confused, and McConaughey improvised
it on the spot.
The actor claims to have based the line on a live album performance of "Roadhouse Blues"
by The Doors.
"I'd been listening to this live, Morrison live Doors album.
And in between two of the songs, Morrison goes, 'Alright, alright, alright!'"
The line became a catchphrase on set and in pop culture, and it's since become one of
McConaughey's signature lines in real life.
"And to that I say, 'Alright, alright, alright!'"
All right.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
The story of Dead Man's Chest picks up with Jack Sparrow doing battle with the nefarious
dead pirate Davy Jones, and as he's done in every Pirates movie, Depp gave a charming,
bizarre performance.
One scene had Jack parading around with a jar of dirt, mocking Jones and confusing his
fellow crewmates.
"I've got a jar of dirt.
I've got a jar of dirt!
And guess what's inside it?!"
"Enough!"
Before filming, Depp asked director Gore Verbinski if he could improvise, and you don't really
say no to Johnny Depp.
Depp began to dance around with the jar while the cameras rolled, and Verbinski caught the
genuinely perplexed reaction of the other actors.
But really, after so much time on set with Depp, nothing should have been too surprising.
Blade Runner
Ridley Scott's sci-fi opus Blade Runner notoriously suffered from a troubled production, which
included an ever-changing script that pushed the cost of the film ever higher.
One of the movie's best lines, however, didn't come from the screenwriters, but actor Rutger
Hauer.
Roy spends the movie trying desperately to find a "cure" for the design flaw dooming
him and his friends to shortened lives, but by the end of the film, he's given up hope.
As he's slowly dying, he recalls a short list of incredible things he's seen in his short
life, which is partially improvised and altered by Hauer himself from the original screenplay's
30 or so lines.
Hauer and Scott tend to disagree about who added what and where, but both agree that
the film's most iconic line was 100-percent, pure, on-the-spot Hauer.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears… in rain."
Also not in the script, according to Hauer's autobiography, was the entire chase scene,
which was originally a fight in a gym, and the dove that he's holding as he dies, both
ideas that Hauer himself introduced to the story.
Big
It's the story of a 12-year-old boy who makes a wish to be a grownup.
Against all odds, the wish comes true, and the man-with-a-12-year-old's-brain, played
by Tom Hanks, realizes he has a lot to learn about living an adult life.
And one of those things you have to learn as a man is how to properly eat unusual foods.
Hanks got caught up in acting like an oblivious preteen, and improvised the whole thing.
Director Penny Marshall found it hilarious, and kept the take in the final cut.
Full Metal Jacket
Director Stanley Kubrick was known for his overwhelmingly meticulous demands of his actors,
and his 1987 war drama Full Metal Jacket was no exception.
Former drill instructor R. Lee Ermey joined the production as a technical advisor at Stanley
Kubrick's request, but once on board, he expressed his interest in the role of drill Sergeant
Hartman.
When Kubrick saw a video of Ermey insulting a group of potential actors, he cast him as
Sergeant Hartman on the spot.
"You're so ugly, you could be a modern art masterpiece."
In a most unusual move for the controlling Kubrick, Ermey was allowed to improvise most
of his own dialogue, in particular the insults that made the character so memorable.
"Your ass looks like about 150 pounds of chewed bubble gum, you know that, Pyle?"
"Sir, yes, sir!"
Full Metal Jacket won critical raves when it opened, especially for Ermey's performance.
He's since gone on to a prestigious acting career.
Mostly screaming at people.
The Departed
While filming The Departed, Jack Nicholson often approached director Martin Scorsese
with ideas about his character, a violent mobster naked Frank Costello.
In one scene, Nicholson totally surprised co-star Leonardo DiCaprio in the worst way.
"You got something you wanna... ask me?"
Nicholson had proposed the interaction to Martin Scorsese, who allowed Nicholson to
pull a real, unscripted gun on DiCaprio, who reacted with genuine fear.
A little because having an unknown gun waved in your face is scary, but more because Nicholson
was making every effort to be actively terrifying on set.
Saving Private Ryan
Directed by Steven Spielberg, Saving Private Ryan follows the adventures of an Army squad
in search of the title character during World War II.
Matt Damon, who had just scored an Oscar nomination for his performance in Good Will Hunting,
was cast for one of the main roles.
At one point, Ryan tells a pretty odd story to his squad captain about catching his brother
gettin' busy with a questionable girl.
"Picture a girl who took a nose dive from the Ugly Tree and hit every branch comin'
down!"
Matt Damon, an Academy Award-winning writer, improvised the story.
The crew thought Damon had botched it with the weird, meandering story that didn't really
have a point.
Spielberg, however, thought it fit the character perfectly and kept it in the movie.
Because who doesn't love a story about watching your sibling doing the nasty?
Thanks for watching!
Click the Looper icon to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Plus check out all this cool stuff we know you'll love, too!
-------------------------------------------
"The Louisiana Rebellion" - Assassin's Creed: Real History - Duration: 20:35.
Welcome back everyone, my name is Robius and today I present to you the seventeenth episode
in this renewed iteration of Assassin's Creed the Real History.
Continuing onwards with the sequence presented in previous episodes, this video will be part
of my ongoing sub-series, whereby I chronologically explore each of the time periods chosen as
the backdrops for the various Assassin's Creed titles, reviewing their major historical
events, discussing any gaps in the history left by the games, and introducing you to
the individuals who actually existed.
It is for that reason that today's episode will concentrate on the historical period
depicted in the handheld-turned-console accessible title; Assassin's Creed Liberation.
Therefore, please be aware of story spoilers throughout the entire video.
Just before officially beginning, I'd like to preface this episode by stating that when
preparing this video I was again faced with a dilemma in terms of establishing my topic.
Technically speaking, the game's span from 1765 to 1777 wasn't necessarily encompassed
by a quote-on-quote historical period or overall major event per say, and therefore I needed
to make a difficult decision on what subject would best tie together the events presented
in Liberation.
In consequence, I ultimately settled on discussing the Louisiana Rebellion.
Although this event technically only occurred in 1768, my intention is to elaborate on the
years leading up to its occurrence and covering its later aftermath, all while making reference
to how this tied into the story of the game's fictional assassin Aveline de Grandpré.
However, please keep in mind that this will only incorporate the first half of Liberation's
predominantly fictionalized story, however I'll still do my best to associate the later
portions of Aveline's adventure to any related history that I can.
Having said that, we can now properly start this video by going over some of the background
information which was integral in setting the stage for the Louisiana Rebellion.
To begin, we'll actually pick up immediately where we left off in the previous video with
the technical closing of the French and Indian War.
Following the unofficial loss of their colonial control in 1762 and the winding down of the
larger-scale Seven Years' War, later that year France eventually signed the Treaty of
Fontainebleau with Spain.
Although the exact conditions surrounding the signing of the Treaty of Fontainebleau
are sometimes argued, it is generally accepted that this settlement, in which France ceded
its colony of Louisiana to Spain, fundamentally represented an attempt to compensate their
ally for their losses during the War, while also encouraging them to cease fighting.
By February of 1763 the Treaty of Paris was signed and Britain quickly took ownership
of the majority of France's other North American colonies, while Spain was officially
granted control of Louisiana.
However, unlike the British, the Spanish were rather passive in their attempts to establish
their presence within the colony.
Consequently, while they waited for the British to occupy Eastern Louisiana, as was their
right according to the signed treaties, and the Spanish to occupy Western Louisiana, as
per the aforementioned Treaty of Fontainebleau, the French installed Jean-Jacques Blaise d'Abbadie
as the colony's new director-general, or de-facto governor.
His main task within this new role was to prepare Louisiana for its new occupation while
also organizing the local French forces for their eventual departure.
To his surprise, what they thought would be a quick turnover period soon developed into
a very drawn-out process in which d'Abbadie completed most of his tasks over the following
months but was still left to govern the Western portion of the colony while waiting for the
Spanish to arrive and officially take possession.
Throughout his unexpectedly extended tenure, he eventually came into conflict with certain
merchant groups in New Orleans for the way he allocated various trade agreements with
native tribes to particular factions.
In addition, the governor was also faced with the overwhelming disdain of many immigrants,
who'd travelled to Louisiana after the British took control of Canada, only to discover later
that the once-French colony had since been handed-over to Spain.
Although exact dates aren't provided, this would be around the point in history where
Assassin's Creed Liberation would begin, with the fictional Aveline de Grandpré awaking
from a nightmare in early 1765.
The game proceeded to depict an entirely invented plot in which Aveline worked towards freeing
slaves in New Orleans.
However, these efforts quickly led her to discover a Templar plot occurring within the
colony, compelling her to investigate further in hopes of neutralizing her adversaries'
endeavors.
This fabricated mission had Aveline eventually help the then-merchant and veteran of the
French and Indian War, Gilbert Antoine de Saint-Maxent, who the game presented as a
one of her father's business associates.
Nevertheless, during this undertaking she eavesdropped on a meeting between a Templar
conspirator and the colony's governor Jean-Jacques Blaise d'Abbadie, who the game equally portrayed
as a member of the Templar order.
With the meeting coming to a close, after overhearing that both men served the imaginary
"Company Man", Aveline proceeded to assassinate the governor.
In his dying breath, d'Abbadie revealed that his reason for working with the Templars
was that they promised he would maintain his role as Louisiana's governor, while also
ensuring that the colony would remain in French hands.
Although this entire portion of the game up until now was fictionalized, the governor's
assassination did coincide approximately with the period in which d'Abbadie actually died
in February of 1765 from an illness.
Historically speaking, following his death, d'Abbadie was succeeded in his role as governor
by the French military officer, Captain Charles Philippe Aubry.
Now, before proceeding it is important to understand the political structure of the
colony at the time, as it will come into play within the later historical developments.
Having said that, Louisiana's government was segmented between three bodies.
The first was the governor, the post now held by Charles Philippe Aubry, who adopted d'Abbadie's
responsibility of handing over the colony to the Spanish.
The second was the commissaire-ordonnateur, a position occupied by Denis-Nicolas Foucault,
an individual who opposed the Spanish occupation of Louisiana.
Lastly, the third body of government was the Superior Council which had at its head Nicolas
Chauvin de Lafrénière, Louisiana's attorney general and another opponent to the upcoming
Spanish occupation.
This tense environment continued to stew over the following months until the Spanish occupation
finally technically began in March of 1766.
To the further surprise of the colonists, this occupation solely consisted of the military
officer and scientist Antonio de Ulloa, Spain's first governor of the colony, who was accompanied
by a small detachment of civil servants and fewer than 100 soldiers.
The festering feeling that the Spanish weren't actually invested in properly managing this
colony was only worsened in the following months which embodied the beginning of Ulloa's
governing period.
Evidently, when considering how limited his resources were, especially in terms of man
power, it should be remembered that this wasn't really Ulloa's fault, with the blame rather
residing with the Spanish government who saw fit to send such a small expedition to occupy
the colony and thereafter demonstrate no inclination in providing additional support, despite the
governor's requests.
Having said that, Ulloa's political approach to the situation was also a disaster unto
itself.
Recognizing the oppositional stance to his rule held by many important figures in New
Orleans, the governor opted to establish himself outside of the city at the fort of La Balize.
This quickly came to symbolize a pattern of isolationism and separation from the populace
that, accompanied by his inability to truly enact a proper transition of power, led to
a growing discontentment among the masses.
Perhaps the earliest example of this was his failure to establish a new governing body
within New Orleans, thus leaving the existing Superior Council to its own affairs, and not
even bothering to exchange the French flag in the city with a Spanish flag.
Within Assassin's Creed Liberation, this was the timeframe in which Aveline continued
her fictional investigation into the regional Templar affairs.
This led the assassin to fight off an imaginary cult, living in the Louisiana Bayou, that
was led by a Templar-affiliated impersonator of the Maroon leader François Mackandal.
After successfully dismantling this operation, she returned to New Orleans.
Interestingly, although this whole sub-plot was purely fictitious, the cult that Aveline
fought was likely inspired by the multiple Maroon communities that existed in the Bayou
region outside of New Orleans during that period.
Either way, back in the real history, a few more months into their so-called occupation,
the Spanish situation had not improved.
In late 1766 Ulloa sought to implement new trade laws on the colony, however he soon
faced considerable push-back from key local figures.
Many of these settlers or next-generation settlers, referred to as the Creole, were
powerful regional merchants who saw these laws as restrictions which would put a strain
on their profits.
Making this dissatisfaction known, this group of merchants quickly enlisted the support
of the commissaire-ordonnateur, the attorney-general and much of the Superior Council in preventing
these laws from being implemented.
In fact, the only real support Ulloa ever received was from the former technical governor
Charles Philippe Aubry, who'd transferred the sovereignty of the colony to the Spanish,
as was his duty, but was still placed in the awkward position in which he wielded more
power than Louisiana's actual governor.
For that reason, in a continued attempt to support Ulloa, Aubry is recorded as having
essentially acted in the capacity of a puppet government for the Spanish, using the French
troops still under his command to help maintain the colony for them.
This became the status quo for over a year with the colony's economy suffering in the
meantime, while Aubry continued to aid Ulloa, despite the attempts of Louisiana's other
governing bodies to undermine the Spanish authority.
This tension finally culminated in late 1768 as multiple factors all came into play around
the same time.
During the summer months, Ulloa initiated another attempt to introduce new trade regulations,
following the direction of the Spanish government, in tandem with a plan to hamper regional smuggling
operations.
In particular, it was an amendment that would forbid trade between Louisiana and French
colonies that truly baffled and enraged the territory's merchants.
It is believed that for many of these individuals this was the final straw.
A movement quickly formed within New Orleans and was led in part by the attorney general
Nicolas Chauvin de Lafrénière, and the commissaire-ordonnateur Denis-Nicolas Foucault, both of whom were
men that had maintained their positions of power despite the turnover from French to
Spanish rule.
These individuals were soon joined by a small group of key allies within the city's merchant
class, and together they planned a coup.
The conspirators, or revolutionaries depending on your perspective, rapidly enacted their
plan which primarily consisted with centralizing the Louisiana militia and inciting widespread
opposition to the Spanish occupation.
Although sources disagree on the extent to which this was performed, some state that
misinformation was spread, indicating the Spanish governor's intention to crack down
on the rights of French, German and Acadian colonists, quickly turning the situation into
a struggle against tyranny.
Nevertheless, whatever their methodology may have been, enough resentment towards the Spanish
arose to incite rioting in New Orleans and allow individuals within the Superior Council
to present a petition to eject the Spanish from the region.
This would coincide with the portion of the game in which Aveline was further investigating
the widespread disappearance of slaves from New Orleans.
The fictional plot led the assassin to discover that these vanishings were tied to the Spanish
occupation.
Therefore, realizing that Ulloa was apparently an associate of the Templar order, Aveline
decided to take advantage of the revolutionary atmosphere against the Spanish to cause some
chaos which would force the governor out of his hiding place in fort La Balize.
She accomplished this task by exploding a wine storehouse and destroying a Spanish military
vessel.
With the governor forced out of hiding, she ambushed his caravan, killed his guards and
interrogated Ulloa until he divulged everything he knew about the slaves being transported
to a Templar worksite in Mexico.
In the end, Aveline spared his life on the condition that he go into exile.
Although this made for a rather intense sequence in Liberation, this entire portion of the
story was wholly fictionalized.
Here's how it actually played out.
By the end of October 1768, New Orleans was in open revolt against Ulloa and the Spanish.
Without the military might to put down this rebellion, even with the potential support
of Aubry, governor Ulloa was left powerless.
Speaking on behalf of Louisiana's population, the Superior Council soon voted and declared
that the Spanish were to be banished from the colony and that the governor would have
to leave within three days.
Ulloa agreed to these conditions and under the protection of Aubry, he and his family
were escorted to a vessel and left the colony within the allocated timeframe, but not before
accusing the revels of treason.
After the Spanish departed, the rebelling colonists established their own temporary
government, although this new authority structure swiftly lost the support of most local settlers,
ultimately leading to a period of chaos in Louisiana.
The Spanish counter to this uprising began soon afterwards in mid-1769 with the arrival
of Captain-General Alejandro O'Reilly.
Accompanied this time by over 2,000 soldiers, he landed in Louisiana and marched on the
rebel position.
O'Reilly's forces were met by rebel representatives and intermediaries who sought a peaceful resolution
to these hostilities, going so far as to remind the populace to remain civil and not incite
any fighting.
The main claim made by the rebels seeking clemency was that Ulloa had left them with
no choice given his disastrous governing method, and that they had succeeded in expulsing him
peacefully in a bloodless rebellion.
With support from Aubry, O'Reilly was able to gather all the original conspirators.
After holding a trial, he had a portion of them executed, while the remainder were either
imprisoned back in Cuba or deported to France for imprisonment.
Formally taking control of New Orleans without any fighting, O'Reilly became the temporary
Governor of Louisiana at which point he initiated reforms that would clearly define the Spanish
authority.
This included replacing the city's French flag with a Spanish flag, abolishing the Superior
council and replacing it with a more traditional Spanish-style city council and offering a
general pardon to the citizens of New Orleans who may have participated in the original
rebellion.
Over the following months, he strengthened the Spanish position, made Louisiana more
dependent on Cuba and established a series of regional military and trade alliances,
concluding his reforms in early 1770.
Although this would be the historical end to the Louisiana Rebellion and its aftermath,
as I mentioned earlier though this did not represent the conclusion of Assassin's Creed
Liberation.
In fact, the game's predominantly fictional story continued for seven more years, following
Aveline's hunt for the Templar known as the Company Man and her acquisition of the
missing Prophecy Disk segments.
Despite the majority of the game's closure having no real ties to the Louisiana Rebellion,
one point that I did notice was the increased Spanish presence in the colony immediately
following Aveline's return to New Orleans, which coincided with O'Reilly successful
suppression of the rebellion and the subsequent re-establishment of Spanish control.
Having said that, I believe it is now reasonable to proceed to the final chapter in the video,
which consists of reviewing everything we've learned today while comparing its depiction
in the game to the actual history.
As a quick prelude, I'd like to re-iterate that the Louisiana Rebellion was not an all-encompassing
event that covered the entirety of Aveline's story in Liberation, but rather just one of
the main developments during her mission, which is important to remember when considering
how it was portrayed in the game.
Therefore, keeping in mind that the vast majority of Aveline's main story was fictionalized,
I'll be concentrating on how components tied to the Louisiana Rebellion were represented
in the game.
In terms of blatant falsehoods, aside from the inventive Assassin vs Templar narrative,
the main point which comes to mind is the violent nature of the rebellion shown in Liberation.
Within Liberation, the Spanish attack certain protesting civilians and Aveline responds
by attacking Spanish troops in the streets, some stationed at a fort and others aboard
a vessel.
Overall, although this was clearly a necessary gameplay component, one of the most remembered
elements of the Louisiana Rebellion was that it occurred essentially without bloodshed
on either side.
Tying into that point, it can also be said that the destruction of the wine storehouse
and the sinking of a Spanish vessel as parts of the revolt were also complete exaggerations
by the game.
Now that I've cleared up those entirely fabricated components of the story, I'll
briefly go over the portions of the history that the Ubisoft writers manipulated to better
fit the game's Assassin versus Templar narrative.
At its core, these are all tied to the Templars controlling the colony and being opposed in
their endeavor by Aveline.
This initially embodied by the rule of Jean-Jacques Blaise d'Abbadie.
As oppose to crediting his extended-governorship to the historically delayed Spanish arrival
in the colony, Liberation instead attributed this development to a deal he had made with
the Templars whereby they would ensure Louisiana would technically stay in French hands, under
his command, as long as he ran the colony in accordance with their agenda.
Thereafter, following d'Abbadie's death, the eventual arrival of Antonio de Ulloa in
the capacity of Louisiana's new governor was again associated with a Templar response
to the loss of their previous agent, as opposed to the Spanish government's slow and unenthusiastic
attempt to occupy the colony.
Interestingly, both of these governors' rules were marked by unpopular trade regulations
and policies, a factor which the writers again used as an element to tie them together and
represent d'Abbadie and Ulloa as puppets for a hidden Templar regime that used the
governors to help supply slaves as a labor force during their hunt for a precursor artifact.
Nonetheless, the final historically-manipulated component of the Louisiana Rebellion was crediting
Aveline as being one of its instigators, helping light the fuse for the already-enraged population,
as opposed to acknowledging the Creole merchants and their allies within the Superior Council
for orchestrating this uprising.
Taking that information into consideration, we can now determine whether the Louisiana
Rebellion was fairly depicted in Assassin's Creed Liberation.
In general, due to its covering of certain elements building up to the actual revolt,
and its handling of Ulloa's expulsion, I'm inclined to say that it was a fair, albeit
rather exaggerated representation of this popular uprising.
To be fair, as I've mentioned early, the Louisiana Rebellion only crossed into Liberation's
main storyline for a short period, which makes it understandable that there was a limited
approach to covering its underlying causes and development.
Interestingly, as often tends to be the case with these types of conflicts, there are two
schools of thought when evaluating the Louisiana Rebellion.
French sources tend to label it as the first recorded popular revolution against a tyrannical
European regime within North America, while their Spanish counterparts instead see it
as a coup d'état organized by the wealthy merchants of New Orleans who refused to lose
money while living under Spanish law.
Whether intentional or not, it appears that perhaps for the sake of supporting their Assassin
vs Templar plot the writers seem to have adopted the more French interpretation of history,
with a popular uprising being incited against a tyrannical Spanish regime, which in this
case was also accused of kidnapping slaves for their Templar allies.
Overall, despite its indiscretions and exaggerations, I still enjoyed the portions of Liberation
that tied together the odd transition of power from the French to Spanish in Louisiana, culminating
in the scene where Aveline interrogated the broken Antonio de Ulloa.
For me personally, that interaction succeeded in conveying how in-over-his head Ulloa was
in trying to enact his rule while simultaneous being denied the military authority and financial
backing required to do so, leading to his eventual expulsion.
Just before I wrap this up, I'll quickly list a few anecdotal points about Liberation
that I found interesting.
First among these was the representation of Aveline's fellow assassin Gérald Blanc
as one of the Acadians who'd been deported during the French and Indian War.
I found this to be a compelling tie-in to that period, as he would have been among the
first Acadians to be historically deported to Louisiana, since most of the others wouldn't
be shipped there until years later.
Secondly, although Aveline's story about liberating slaves was wholly invented, it
is worth saying that certain small Maroon communities living in the Louisiana Bayous
at the time did make attempts to free slaves during that period.
Nevertheless, with that final thought we have reached the end of today's video.
As I mentioned in our last update video, there won't be an upload schedule for these videos
anymore, so if you are interested in getting updates on when to expect them, or you want
a place to ask about the progress on the next video, please be sure to follow us on Twitter
@OnlineKnights.
Having said that, if you enjoyed the content, please share this series with your friends
and be sure to explore out other videos.
Although my plan is to finish covering the franchise's time periods, I will continue
to accept any of your requests for future video topics in the comments, which will be
taken into consideration once I wrap up this sub-series.
As always, my sources consulted for making this video will be in the description bar
below.
Thank you for watching!
-------------------------------------------
Gasser Drag Racing Straight Axle Drag Cars Drag Racing Drag Car Wheelies Gasser Drag Pictures - Duration: 3:58.
Gasser Drag Racing Straight Axle Drag Cars Drag Racing Drag Car Wheelies Gasser Drag Pictures
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét