Thứ Sáu, 9 tháng 2, 2018

Waching daily Feb 10 2018

Uranium One Informant Testifies Moscow Sent Millions In Cash to U.S.

For Clintons Pay to Play

An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees

in written testimony that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation

it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton�s charitable efforts while Secretary of State

Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a �reset� in US-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the testimony obtained by The Hill that he was

told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO

Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and

more specifically Hillary Clinton.

Democrats have cast doubt on Campbell�s credibility, setting the stage for a battle

with Republicans over his testimony.

Campbell said Russian nuclear officials �told me at various times that they expected APCO

to apply a portion of the $3 million annual lobbying fee it was receiving from the Russians

to provide in-kind support for the Clinton�s Global Initiative,� he added in the testimony.

�The contract called for four payments of $750,000 over twelve months.

APCO was expected to give assistance free of charge to the Clinton Global Initiative

as part of their effort to create a favorable environment to ensure the Obama administration

made affirmative decisions on everything from Uranium One to the U.S.-Russia Civilian Nuclear

Cooperation agreement

We can only deliver independent news & Intel with your support.

Keep our unique voice alive.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said Monday that there was clear evidence that the Democratic

Party and the Hillary Clinton campaign colluded with the Russians.

Nunes was speaking Monday to Sean Hannity on his Fox News show about the FISA memo when

he was asked to sum up their findings so far.

�Chairman Nunes, I believe you�ve done a great service,� Hannity said, �I believe

it�s the right thing to do.

The American people need to know about all of this because fundamentally, we had an effort

to undermine our election, and then to undermine an incoming president � is that a fair statement?

Last question.

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes believes Democratic members on the committee

have leaked over 100 stories to the media regarding the ongoing probe into Russian meddling

in the 2016 presidential election.

�We know that there has been almost 100 leaks that we believe have come from the Democrats

in the House Intelligence Committee,� the chairman declared.

�As of right now, remember a year ago, they were claiming that they had more than circumstantial

evidence of collusion, of trump colluding with Russians but they keep coming up with

goose eggs.

They have nothing.

For more infomation >> Uranium One Informant Testifies Moscow Sent Millions In Cash to - Duration: 3:38.

-------------------------------------------

Epic Slime Fails Videos - Duration: 2:08.

For more infomation >> Epic Slime Fails Videos - Duration: 2:08.

-------------------------------------------

Freedom Planet Animatic - Carol's Valentine Gift (Feat. ShonataBeata) - Duration: 1:34.

Hi Lilac! I got this!

Oh no...

Carol, why do you have a saxophone in your hands?

Well I finally improved my saxophone playing skills.

Carol, the last time you played that thing...

YOU NEARLY BLEW UP THE PLANET!!!

Oh... (chuckles nervously)

Oh... I did...

Whoopsie daisy.

Ugh!

Well, Valentines Day is coming up so...

I thought I might set the mood.

Alright Carol... Go ahead... Do it...

Let me just get prepared.

I'm ready.

Alright then. Prepare to feel the loooove!

Help me!

(inhales)

HUH?!?!?!

(stuttering)

How can Carol...?

WHAT?!?!?!

Ok, that's it. I'm leaving. I'M LEAVING!

For more infomation >> Freedom Planet Animatic - Carol's Valentine Gift (Feat. ShonataBeata) - Duration: 1:34.

-------------------------------------------

#FalconHeavy Launch; Planets from another galaxy?; #JWST Goes to California | SFN 223 - Duration: 12:42.

Hello Space Fans and welcome to another edition of Space Fan News.

In this episode, I'll share with you some of my experiences at the Kennedy Space Center

where I attended the launch of the Falcon Heavy Rocket; astronomers suggest that they

may have made the first detection of planets outside of our galaxy; and all of the parts

of the James Webb Space Telescope are together in one place in California to begin assembly.

I'm sure by now you've all heard the big news this week about the launch of the Falcon

Heavy Rocket at the Kennedy Space Center on Tuesday.

I was lucky enough to get tickets and I arrived early at KSC a full six hours before launch.

It was a good thing I did too because I've never seen lines like this at Kennedy.

I've been here many, many times (I hold an annual pass, because that's what you

do) and I can say I've not ever seen it like this.

Hundreds of people queued up to get the to busses that were going to take us to the launch

viewing site at the Apollo complex, which was the closest we unwashed masses could get

to a launch at about 6 miles away.

It was still amazing, I can't imagine even wanted to get any closer and hats off to the

KSC guys for not overselling tickets, there was plenty of space and there wasn't a bad

seat anywhere to watch the launch from.

I guess if I had a complaint, it would be the festival nature of the launch.

While they had free food and beer (always a good thing), everything was very orchestrated.

There were EmCee's there and even Bill Nye showed up to get more Planetary Society members

and answer questions.

You probably don't know this about me, but I'm actually a pretty private guy, I would

have loved just having an area where like-minded people could just pull up a seat and enjoy

the launch.

I didn't really need all that extra stuff.

But that's just me.

So I tried to live stream from there and it worked initially.

I was able to do a quick stream a couple of hours before launch and throughput was decent.

Many of you joined in as well to ask questions and comment.

By the way, YouTube did flag that video for copyright when the Monty Python music played.

I knew they would.

You should have seen the content ID providers claiming they own that tune.

As most of you already know, the launch was delayed due to high wind warnings, but it

did eventually go off.

[Footage]

Just like Downtown.

And another really cool thing, I got to see two of the boosters return.

Something I had never seen before.

[Footage]

All in all, it was an amazing experience, it wasn't quite like I remember the Saturn

V launches from when I was a kid, those seemed louder and ground-shakier, but maybe I'm

just inflating that memory.

This was a tremendous launch though and it has

to be said, that SpaceX is the company to beat now in this new corporate race to space

that we're in the midst of.

I mean, the Starman stunt was brilliant.

Putting that spacesuit in the Tesla then live streaming the dash cam?

Absolutely brilliant.

What a great way to make space exciting again for those who aren't normally into it.

As for me, I think about the Heavy Metal movie from the 80's every time I see

that stream.

Astronomers using NASA's Chandra X-ray telescope to look at the environment around a supermassive

black hole at the center of a galaxy 6 billion light years away, think they've seen evidence

of planets in a galaxy that's inbetween us and that distant galaxy.

The far away galaxy has a very bright quasar that is spewing material in X-rays as the

supermassive black hole devours stuff falling into it.

It's called RX J1131-1231 and is one of the best gravitationally lensed quasars in

the sky.

In order to see that quasar better with Chandra in X-rays, astronomers were going to use a

intermediate galaxy that was between us and the quasar as a lens to magnify it and make

it brighter.

That galaxy was about 3.8 billion light years away.

Gravitational lensing is very common and helps astronomers see things that are very far away

a little bit brighter.

When you look at distant galaxies this way, what you get are multiple images of the same

galaxy spread out across the image.

You can then use that signal to see things a lot better than if all you had was one image

of the galaxy.

Essentially the researchers found that there were peculiar line energy shifts in the quasar's

light that could only be explained by planets in the galaxy lensing the quasar.

It turned out - they say - to be around 2,000 unbound planets with masses ranging between

the Moon and Jupiter, between the galaxy's stars.

OK, let me just take a break here and talk about press releases.

They are often hyperbolic and they want to make everything sound amazing and first ever

or whatever.

But this one is a little misleading.

There are many things that could explain the energy line shifts they saw, not just planets.

What they did was played with the clumpiness that's in all galaxies due to stars, globular

clusters, dust and gas, from their models and found that they couldn't really explain

what they were seeing by just messing with the stars.

Next they added some planetary material in there, assuming those hypothetical planets

were not connected to any stars and found that HEY! they could make that energy shifts

happen.

Then they said, 'Hey this could be planets in the galaxy!'

This is an indirect inference of the existence of something based on a model.

They haven't seen these planets directly, all they've said is they've seen a peculiar

smearing of the light that came from a gravitationally lensed quasar that aren't explained by a

galaxies normal clumpiness and may be due to planets.

Maybe.

If our model is right.

And our assumptions are good.

And I want there to be planets there.

So there's your reality check, what we need is what you hear astronomers say all time

- we need more observations.

Especially from telescopes designed to look at stuff like this, the James Webb Space Telescope.

And speaking of JWST, the latest news is that it's all in one place now.

All of the components of the largest telescope ever to be launched in sitting in a room at

Northrop Grumman's facilities in Redondo beach California.

Webb's optical telescope and integrated science instrument module (OTIS) arrived at

Northrop Grumman Feb. 2, from NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, where it successfully

completed cryogenic testing.

Next up is, during this summer, OTIS will be combined with the spacecraft element to

form the complete Webb observatory.

Once the telescope is fully integrated, the entire observatory will undergo more tests

during what is called observatory-level testing.

Then they are going to start putting on the sun shields and all the other accoutremeaux

and get ready to cram it all into the Arianne V rocket where they will launch it off to

the L2 point sometime in 2019.

Well that is it for this episode Space Fans.

All of this happens because you guys watch our stuff, link to our stuff, like and thumbs

up our stuff and most importantly you support our stuff with small financial contributions

via patreon and other places.

Special thanks to these guys who support our stuff more than most.

Thanks to each one of you!

Thanks to all of you for watching and as always, Keep Looking Up!

For more infomation >> #FalconHeavy Launch; Planets from another galaxy?; #JWST Goes to California | SFN 223 - Duration: 12:42.

-------------------------------------------

Trailer Defensores(Netflix) no Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Duration: 1:02.

For more infomation >> Trailer Defensores(Netflix) no Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Duration: 1:02.

-------------------------------------------

Star Citizen 3.0.1 / Ultra Wide / #005 - Duration: 3:00:29.

For more infomation >> Star Citizen 3.0.1 / Ultra Wide / #005 - Duration: 3:00:29.

-------------------------------------------

Sua Cara (Versão 2) feat Romina Botelho - Duration: 2:56.

Get ready,

but don't shot ahead

you see me,

but you dont stare at me

you feel like a badass,

but don't stop me

You got bad intentions, but you don't stare at me

You're just want my body and so am I

You're beating around the bush and don't get to the point

You became a coward,

I feel like having you

But you're taking a long time

If you don't come along I'm going to pressure you

I won't wait for you, I got a lot of options

I'm not that kind of girl that listen bullshits

Stare at me and get ready

That I'm gonna throw it right in your face

Right in your face

I'm gonna twerk right in your face

Right in your face

Tonight I'm gonna throw it right in your face

I'm here

I'm ready to attack

When the music flows I'm gonna shake my booty

In your face I'm gonna throw it

ha ha, and shake my booty

ha ha ha

I'm beautiful, free, and light-hearted

Crazy to kiss you on the mouth

Beautiful, free, and light-hearted

Crazy to kiss you on the mouth

Beautiful, free, and light-hearted

Crazy to kiss you on the mouth

Beautiful, free, and light-hearted

I'm gonna throw it right in your face

Right in your face

I'm gonna twerk right in your face

Right in your face

Tonight I'm gonna throw it right in your face

Get ready,

but don't shot ahead

(right in your face)

you see me,

but you dont stare at me

(right in your face)

you feel like a badass,

but don't stop me

(right in your face)

you feel like a badass,

but don't stop me

(right in your face)

If you don't come along I'm gonna pressure you

I won't wait for you, I got a lot of options

I'm not that kind of girl that listen bullshits

Stare at me and get ready

That I'm gonna throw it right in your face.

For more infomation >> Sua Cara (Versão 2) feat Romina Botelho - Duration: 2:56.

-------------------------------------------

Wood Ceiling, Artwork & Electrical | Shae's Earthbag Bedroom Ep30 | Weekly Peek - Duration: 14:31.

last week we painted the interior, got a start on the ceiling, and installed the

skylight on Shae's earthbag bedroom

[music]

with the base paint done, Shae's planning out

what artwork she'd like to do for her walls

all right Shay so what's on the agenda

I've got a couple different designs that

I want on my wall

I think I'm gonna put one here

I think this is the one I'm

gonna put there

it's these, kind of these two fish swimming in a light bulb so I'm

excited to put that up and then I was thinking to have one that we got a

lot of suggestions for, to do the chalkboard paint, I could do a circle

here

since this is going to be my workspace

to be a place to write things out and

- I don't know I just think it would be kind of cool

yeah, right there

that's what it is?

yeah

maybe smaller, and put it here

you have a light coming down from here

put it in the center of the circle, where do you want the center of the circle to be?

okay, there you go

a circle there

same size?

I want it a little smaller

okay

[music]

thank you

got to be kidding me, we're so close

you kidding me - were like only a foot off

we're putting in the electrical wire here and we came up about a foot short

which really is a bummer

cut the corner real quick

really?

no

dad is hopefully gonna come up with a

solution that doesn't require us to dig another trench

I like that better than digging a big, old hole

me too

I'm here

hey Buddy

[music]

it's quick and easy once you get a hang of it

[music]

looks nice

we're gonna run out

though

and we'll have to go to the store and just hope by some miracle, we can get

something closely related to this color

you can span sections like this

where a board comes out but it only reaches to here

you can do a bunch of

them because the next one you put on will actually hold that one in place

it helps to use the little pieces

that you can't always use

we have an

angle like this, right, the board's come up to it

you could always measure

this and cut it off this end but it's actually easier if you just place

your hand like this, right at that corner and then just follow it back like that

and you know now when you cut along that line, that's created, that's the right angle

and now you can see the perfect edge but we're gonna put trim here

those look great, don't they?

yeah

[music]

even though it's wooden flooring

we're mostly doing this because if the earth

never changes its gravity and everyone starts floating up, then we'll have a

a floor to walk on

[music]

spectators, please step back about four feet

flying shovels and flying people coming by

we took trip down to Angel Fire, New Mexico to go shovel racing this year

I

took a trip down to go watch them shovel race

our friend Ellie, got us all set

up

she was able to actually get some really good deals up there - she's

working out there and she raced with us as well

she was actually one who

originally got us into it

56 miles an hour

she did the best so far

wow

it was a lot of fun

I think we both did really well

I was actually very pleased

you guys look like bosses coming down that hill

we had

good

sponsors MyLittleHomestead.com

nice form

cheer him on

good - a

form?

form

thank you

you're welcome

we had good form

[music]

to the finish line!

getting a little sidways!

[music]

57 miles an hour

I think I was 53 but I'm not sure yet

53 miles per hour on a shovel

I hope it was higher

don't know your scores until a little bit later

the other lady that was racing

was bragging up like she won

drum roll

it was so exciting

Ellie!

[cheering]

and it's like, in yo face

in a nice way

she did so good

we're so proud of her

she got a nice plaque

if you'd had competed with the women you would of won?

no

I would have lost that by about 2 thousands of a second because that's how much quicker

she was then me

I'm not even gonna say what I was

you guys did good

you did good

you guys did really good

you placed in the top ten out of 30 people

badda Bing, badda boom, winner

congratulations Ellie

thank you for a wonderful trip and winning because

that was fun - I don't know how it was for you, but I was really excited

highlight of the trip

it definitely was

[music]

how you doing Shae?

I'm thinking

[music]

this is the sketch

[music]

[music]

the wire was not long enough so Gary came up with this idea

to do

this in steps which is kind of nice because we have a nice little woodshed

here and we don't have a light in here so what we're gonna do is we're gonna

put a light in here, offers us the ability to come up short right to the

light and then from the light I can go right in with another piece of wire

good

idea Gar

thanks

[music]

[music]

how much do you think a gallon of scorpion venom is worth?

a million or so?

a hundred thousand

thirty nine million dollars for one gallon of

scorpion venom

what do they do with it?

it's used in the medical industry

I wonder how they get it out

very carefully

if you have a gallon of

scorpion venom just sitting around, might want to consider selling that

once you

get past this pole and you go to this little section here, we're going to use

the other color because you won't be able to tell if there's a color

difference between the two of them

this doesn't actually look like -

I mean the

color difference is so small

what I'm curious about, if this is here

I don't think

you would ever notice it

we got to hope we have enough

I'm not sure if this is gonna work

it looked like a lot but

once we separated out all the boards that we can use and the boards that we

cannot use

yeah I don't think it's gonna work

I don't think we dared chance it

if we come up short with these guys, we're gonna have to color match this and that

it's gonna be hard to have to color match one but have

to color match two

alright Bry let's take these back

all right

[music]

we got mom out on the slopes with us which we were super excited about

hey

I'm so excited that mom's with us

I know

we get this ski with mom

she's got the best form

she was showing us all up

we watch her go down these really, really steep hills and she really looks like

she's been doing that for years

these are way shorter than I remember

when I was young

they looks like ski skates

and the guy asked me if I wanted poles

or not which is odd that it would be even optional

hopefully, it'll all come

back to me after 30 years

oh yeah

if we got to the top, it will be the easiest way

okay, let's do that

just do what you think, I'll follow

you watch, she's going to outdo us

[music]

hey all right

how'd it go?

I feel a little nervous up there

pole or no pole?

definitely ski pole

so are we going again or what?

yeah yeah

I didn't know what you guys were doing

I thought you were tired or something

she took her love of picture and video taking with her

which is fine actually

I was so worried

really worried?

yeah she's like yeah, so it's my third

run down in 30 years, I'm gonna film this time so I'm gonna be skiing along

filming

it's like, you sure you don't want a little more

time to warm-up?

no, she was a boss the second she got on that ice

It's like three

runs, we're good

I can go down the mountain straight

she was beating Shae down by the time we were all done

I know

she was catching up

with me and I'm like alright, we're done

we had a wonderful trip

it was a lot of fun

congratulations to Ellie again and thank you so much for taking care of us and

putting the trip together

really appreciate it

was a lot of fun

[music]

gettin tired?

yeah, but I'm ready to go down again

I'll go down as many times as

need be

I'm having a blast with you guys

I'm having fun

it's so fun

[music]

[music]

it looks a moon

I want to thank you for all of the

comments for suggestions for the paint on my walls

this is chalkboard paint

[music]

so you and Dad were able to find the right stuff?

I hope so Bryson

let's take a look

very delicately

duh duh duh

it's the same

color

so there is hope

yes

[music]

all right got the trim here to go around the upper part and we're not sure

exactly how we're going to attach it yet but we'll have to figure that out

next week

[music]

after we finished the bedroom, we'll be working on an earthbag kitchen and

bathroom so stay tuned for that

thanks for being here

stay tuned for next time

as we continue building on Shae's earthbag bedroom

have a great week and

we'll see you soon

bye

[music]

be sure to stune

in for dat

ok so what's on the agenda?

well today we're gonna be doing -

I just

realized I sounded like every vlogger on earth

well today we're going to be

doing

that's a really good point

you never know

when gravity's gonna flip

it's just random

it could happen any time

our family moved

from the city to the country

thanks for taking part in our adventure

we have new

videos every Friday evening

if you would like to help us out, you can like this

video, share it, subscribe or support us on patreon

see the links in the

description

it was worth the trip to go

I'm going to go for the double dip

I wouldn't even do that and it's my own ear

I grossed myself out

I got to go wash my hands

it was worth the trip to go just to see Ellie win

yes, definitely hands down

I would have done it any time of the year

any time of the year?

summer- except for the summer

when there is no snow

it was a lot of fun

I'm waiving, I don't know why

I always wrap stuff up, it's my job

Bye

it's over now

have a great day

[music]

For more infomation >> Wood Ceiling, Artwork & Electrical | Shae's Earthbag Bedroom Ep30 | Weekly Peek - Duration: 14:31.

-------------------------------------------

White House releases statement about Democrats' memo - Duration: 7:23.

For more infomation >> White House releases statement about Democrats' memo - Duration: 7:23.

-------------------------------------------

Is everything we know about depression, addiction wrong? - Duration: 4:53.

For more infomation >> Is everything we know about depression, addiction wrong? - Duration: 4:53.

-------------------------------------------

দেখুন, হঠাৎ ভারতের আজমীর শরীফে | অসুস্থ মেয়র আইভি | Selina Hayat Ivy | Khaleda Zia | Bangla News - Duration: 1:25.

For more infomation >> দেখুন, হঠাৎ ভারতের আজমীর শরীফে | অসুস্থ মেয়র আইভি | Selina Hayat Ivy | Khaleda Zia | Bangla News - Duration: 1:25.

-------------------------------------------

快樂氰化物------艱險之旅 遊戲預告片 (CC字幕) - Duration: 1:09.

For more infomation >> 快樂氰化物------艱險之旅 遊戲預告片 (CC字幕) - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

My First Vlog!!! - Duration: 1:15.

hey guys so hi if you don't know me i'm Patricia and i'm going to be basically vlogging this

is basically my first vlog so if you wanna see my animation channel it will be Sapex

i will leave a link down in the description if you wan't to go check it out and my normal

channel where i post like reviews and gaming and normal stuff like that is named Zevo Zapex

and i will also leave a link down in the description if you wanna go check it out so yeah that's

pretty much my first vlog comment down below what else kind of videos i should make in

the future or do yeah i might have a giveaway sometime but yeah so the first 10 people to

subscribe to me will get a shout out and the people who are just staying active and just

watching my videos within like 10 minutes of when i post other than that i'll pretty

much see you you guys next time when something bigs or something big is happening and so

yeah bye

For more infomation >> My First Vlog!!! - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

The Anti-Federalist Papers | Brutus 14 - Duration: 19:38.

The second paragraph of sect. 2d. art.

3, is in these words: "In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls,

and those in which a state shall be a party, the supreme court shall have original jurisdiction.

In all the other cases before mentioned, the supreme court shall have appellate jurisdiction,

both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress

shall make."

Although it is proper that the courts of the general government should have cognizance

of all matters affecting ambassadors, foreign ministers, and consuls; yet I question much

the propriety of giving the supreme court original jurisdiction in all cases of this

kind.

Ambassadors, and other public ministers, claim, and are entitled by the law of nations, to

certain privileges, and exemptions, both for their persons and their servants.

The meanest servant of an ambassador is exempted by the law of nations from being sued for

debt.

Should a suit be brought against such an one by a citizen, through inadvertency or want

of information, he will be subject to an action in the supreme court.

All the officers concerned in issuing or executing the process will be liable to like actions.

Thus may a citizen of a state be compelled, at great expence and inconveniency, to defend

himself against a suit, brought against him in the supreme court, for inadvertently commencing

an action against the most menial servant of an ambassador for a just debt.

The appellate jurisdiction granted to the supreme court, in this paragraph, has justly

been considered as one of the most objectionable parts of the constitution: under this power,

appeals may be had from the inferior courts to the supreme, in every case to which the

judicial power extends, except in the few instances in which the supreme court will

have original jurisdiction.

By this article, appeals will lie to the supreme court, in all criminal as well as civil causes.

This I know, has been disputed by some; but I presume the point will appear clear to any

one, who will attend to the connection of this paragraph with the one that precedes

it.

In the former, all the cases, to which the power of the judicial shall extend, whether

civil or criminal, are enumerated.

There is no criminal matter, to which the judicial power of the United States will extend;

but such as are included under some one of the cases specified in this section.

For this section is intended to define all the cases, of every description, to which

the power of the judicial shall reach.

But in all these cases it is declared, the supreme court shall have appellate jurisdiction,

except in those which affect ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those

in which a state shall be a party.

If then this section extends the power of the judicial, to criminal cases, it allows

appeals in such cases.

If the power of the judicial is not extended to criminal matters by this section, I ask,

by what part of this system does it appear, that they have any cognizance of them?

I believe it is a new and unusual thing to allow appeals in criminal matters.

It is contrary to the sense of our laws, and dangerous to the lives and liberties of the

citizen.

As our law now stands, a person charged with a crime has a right to a fair and impartial

trial by a jury of his country [county?], and their verdict is final.

If he is acquitted no other court can call upon him to answer for the same crime.

But by this system, a man may have had ever so fair a trial, have been acquitted by ever

so respectable a jury of his country; and still the officer of the government who prosecutes,

may appeal to the supreme court.

The whole matter may have a second hearing.

By this means, persons who may have disobliged those who execute the general government,

may be subjected to intolerable oppression.

They may be kept in long and ruinous confinement, and exposed to heavy and insupportable charges,

to procure the attendence of witnesses, and provide the means of their defence, at a great

distance from their places of residence.

I can scarcely believe there can be a considerate citizen of the United States, that will approve

of this appellate jurisdiction, as extending to criminal cases, if they will give themselves

time for reflection.

Whether the appellate jurisdiction as it respects civil matters, will not prove injurious to

the rights of the citizens, and destructive of those privileges which have ever been held

sacred by Americans, and whether it will not render the administration of justice intolerably

burthensome, intricate, and dilatory, will best appear, when we have considered the nature

and operation of this power.

It has been the fate of this clause, as it has of most of those, against which unanswerable

objections have been offered, to be explained different ways, by the advocates and opponents

to the constitution.

I confess I do not know what the advocates of the system, would make it mean, for I have

not been fortunate enough to see in any publication this clause taken up and considered.

It is certain however, they do not admit the explanation which those who oppose the constitution

give it, or otherwise they would not so frequently charge them with want of candor, for alledging

that it takes away the trial by jury; appeals from an inferior to a superior court, as practised

in the civil law courts, are well understood.

In these courts, the judges determine both on the law and the fact; and appeals are allowed

from the inferior to the superior courts, on the whole merits: the superior tribunal

will re–examine all the facts as well as the law, and frequently new facts will be

introduced, so as many times to render the cause in the court of appeals very different

from what it was in the court below.

If the appellate jurisdiction of the supreme court, be understood in the above sense, the

term is perfectly intelligible.

The meaning then is, that in all the civil causes enumerated, the supreme court shall

have authority to re–examine the whole merits of the case, both with respect to the facts

and the law which may arise under it, without the intervention of a jury; that this is the

sense of this part of the system appears to me clear, from the express words of it, "in

all the other cases before mentioned, the supreme court shall have appellate jurisdiction,

both as to law and fact, &c."

Who are the supreme court?

Does it not consist of the judges? and they are to have the same jurisdiction of the fact

as they are to have of the law.

They will therefore have the same authority to determine the fact as they will have to

determine the law, and no room is left for a jury on appeals to the supreme court.

If we understand the appellate jurisdiction in any other way, we shall be left utterly

at a loss to give it a meaning; the common law is a stranger to any such jurisdiction:

no appeals can lie from any of our common law courts, upon the merits of the case; the

only way in which they can go up from an inferior to a superior tribunal is by habeas corpus

before a hearing, or by certiorari, or writ of error, after they are determined in the

subordinate courts; but in no case, when they are carried up, are the facts re–examined,

but they are always taken as established in the inferior courts.

It may still be insisted that this clause does not take away the trial by jury on appeals,

but that this may be provided for by the legislature, under that paragraph which authorises them

to form regulations and restrictions for the court in the exercise of this power.

The natural meaning of this paragraph seems to be no more than this, that Congress may

declare, that certain cases shall not be subject to the appellate jurisdiction, and they may

point out the mode in which the court shall proceed in bringing up the causes before them,

the manner of their taking evidence to establish the facts, and the method of the courts proceeding.

But I presume they cannot take from the court the right of deciding on the fact, any more

than they can deprive them of the right of determining on the law, when a cause is once

before them; for they have the same jurisdiction as to fact, as they have as to the law.

But supposing the Congress may under this clause establish the trial by jury on appeals,

it does not seem to me that it will render this article much less exceptionable.

An appeal from one court and jury, to another court and jury, is a thing altogether unknown

in the laws of our state, and in most of the states in the union.

A practice of this kind prevails in the eastern states; actions are there commenced in the

inferior courts, and an appeal lies from them on the whole merits to the superior courts:

the consequence is well known, very few actions are determined in the lower courts; it is

rare that a case of any importance is not carried by appeal to the supreme court, and

the jurisdiction of the inferior courts is merely nominal; this has proved so burthensome

to the people in Massachusetts, that it was one of the principal causes which excited

the insurrection in that state, in the year past; very few sensible and moderate men in

that state but what will admit, that the inferior courts are almost entirely useless, and answer

very little purpose, save only to accumulate costs against the poor debtors who are already

unable to pay their just debts.

But the operation of the appellate power in the supreme judicial of the United States,

would work infinitely more mischief than any such power can do in a single state.

The trouble and expence to the parties would be endless and intolerable.

No man can say where the supreme court are to hold their sessions, the presumption is,

however, that it must be at the seat of the general government: in this case parties must

travel many hundred miles, with their witnesses and lawyers, to prosecute or defend a suit;

no man of midling fortune, can sustain the expence of such a law suit, and therefore

the poorer and midling class of citizens will be under the necessity of submitting to the

demands of the rich and the lordly, in cases that will come under the cognizance of this

court.

If it be said, that to prevent this oppression, the supreme court will set in different parts

of the union, it may be replied, that this would only make the oppression somewhat more

tolerable, but by no means so much as to give a chance of justice to the poor and midling

class.

It is utterly impossible that the supreme court can move into so many different parts

of the Union, as to make it convenient or even tolerable to attend before them with

witnesses to try causes from every part of the United states; if to avoid the expence

and inconvenience of calling witnesses from a great distance, to give evidence before

the supreme court, the expedient of taking the deposition of witnesses in writing should

be adopted, it would not help the matter.

It is of great importance in the distribution of justice that witnesses should be examined

face to face, that the parties should have the fairest opportunity of cross examining

them in order to bring out the whole truth; there is something in the manner in which

a witness delivers his testimony which cannot be committed to paper, and which yet very

frequently gives a complexion to his evidence, very different from what it would bear if

committed to writing, besides the expence of taking written testimony would be enormous;

those who are acquainted with the costs that arise in the courts, where all the evidence

is taken in writing, well know that they exceed beyond all comparison those of the common

law courts, where witnesses are examined viva voce.

The costs accruing in courts generally advance with the grade of the court; thus the charges

attending a suit in our common pleas, is much less than those in the supreme court, and

these are much lower than those in the court of chancery; indeed the costs in the last

mentioned court, are in many cases so exorbitant and the proceedings so dilatory that the suitor

had almost as well give up his demand as to prosecute his suit.

We have just reason to suppose, that the costs in the supreme general court will exceed either

of our courts; the officers of the general court will be more dignified than those of

the states, the lawyers of the most ability will practice in them, and the trouble and

expence of attending them will be greater.

From all these considerations, it appears, that the expence attending suits in the supreme

court will be so great, as to put it out of the power of the poor and midling class of

citizens to contest a suit in it.

From these remarks it appears, that the administration of justice under the powers of the judicial

will be dilatory; that it will be attended with such an heavy expence as to amount to

little short of a denial of justice to the poor and middling class of people who in every

government stand most in need of the protection of the law; and that the trial by jury, which

has so justly been the boast of our fore fathers as well as ourselves is taken away under them.

These extraordinary powers in this court are the more objectionable, because there does

not appear the least necessity for them, in order to secure a due and impartial distribution

of justice.

The want of ability or integrity, or a disposition to render justice to every suitor, has not

been objected against the courts of the respective states: so far as I have been informed, the

courts of justice in all the states, have ever been found ready, to administer justice

with promptitude and impartiality according to the laws of the land; It is true in some

of the states, paper money has been made, and the debtor authorised to discharge his

debts with it, at a depreciated value, in orders, tender laws have been passed, obliging

the creditor to receive on execution other property than money in discharge of his demand,

and in several of the states laws have been made unfavorable to the creditor and tending

to render property insecure.

But these evils have not happened from any defect in the judicial departments of the

states; the courts indeed are bound to take notice of these laws, and so will the courts

of the general government be under obligation to observe the laws made by the general legislature

not repugnant to the constitution; but so far have the judicial been from giving undue

latitude of construction to laws of this kind, that they have invariably strongly inclined

to the other side.

All the acts of our legislature, which have been charged with being of this complexion,

have uniformly received the strictest construction by the judges, and have been extended to no

cases but to such as came within the strict letter of the law.

In this way, have our courts, I will not say evaded the law, but so limited it in its operation

as to work the least possible injustice: the same thing has taken place in Rhode–Island,

which has justly rendered herself infamous, by her tenaciously adhering to her paper money

system.

The judges there gave a decision, in opposition to the words of the Statute, on this principle,

that a construction according to the words of it, would contradict the fundamental maxims

of their laws and constitution.

No pretext therefore, can be formed, from the conduct of the judicial courts which will

justify giving such powers to the supreme general court, for their decisions have been

such as to give just ground of confidence in them, that they will firmly adhere to the

principles of rectitude, and there is no necessity of lodging these powers in the courts, in

order to guard against the evils justly complained of, on the subject of security of property

under this constitution.

For it has provided, "that no state shall emit bills of credit, or make any thing but

gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts."

It has also declared, that "no state shall pass any law impairing the obligation of contracts."

— These prohibitions give the most perfect security against those attacks upon property

which I am sorry to say some of the states have but too wantonly made, by passing laws

sanctioning fraud in the debtor against his creditor.

For "this constitution will be the supreme law of the land, and the judges in every state

will be bound thereby; any thing in the constitution and laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding."

The courts of the respective states might therefore have been securely trusted, with

deciding all cases between man and man, whether citizens of the same state or of different

states, or between foreigners and citizens, and indeed for ought I see every case that

can arise under the constitution or laws of the United States, ought in the first instance

to be tried in the court of the state, except those which might arise between states, such

as respect ambassadors, or other public ministers, and perhaps such as call in question the claim

of lands under grants from different states.

The state courts would be under sufficient controul, if writs of error were allowed from

the state courts to the supreme court of the union, according to the practice of the courts

in England and of this state, on all cases in which the laws of the union are concerned,

and perhaps to all cases in which a foreigner is a party.

This method would preserve the good old way of administering justice, would bring justice

to every man's door, and preserve the inestimable right of trial by jury.

It would be following, as near as our circumstances will admit, the practice of the courts in

England, which is almost the only thing I would wish to copy in their government.

But as this system now stands, there is to be as many inferior courts as Congress may

see fit to appoint, who are to be authorised to originate and in the first instance to

try all the cases falling under the description of this article; there is no security that

a trial by jury shall be had in these courts, but the trial here will soon become, as it

is in Massachusetts' inferior courts, mere matter of form; for an appeal may be had to

the supreme court on the whole merits.

This court is to have power to determine in law and in equity, on the law and the fact,

and this court is exalted above all other power in the government, subject to no controul,

and so fixed as not to be removeable, but upon impeachment, which I shall hereafter

shew, is much the same thing as not to be removeable at all.

To obviate the objections made to the judicial power it has been said, that the Congress,

in forming the regulations and exceptions which they are authorised to make respecting

the appellate jurisdiction, will make provision against all the evils which are apprehended

from this article.

On this I would remark, that this way of answering the objection made to the power, implies an

admission that the power is in itself improper without restraint, and if so, why not restrict

it in the first instance.

The just way of investigating any power given to a government, is to examine its operation

supposing it to be put in exercise.

If upon enquiry, it appears that the power, if exercised, would be prejudicial, it ought

not to be given.

For to answer objections made to a power given to a government, by saying it will never be

exercised, is really admitting that the power ought not to be exercised, and therefore ought

not to be granted.

For more infomation >> The Anti-Federalist Papers | Brutus 14 - Duration: 19:38.

-------------------------------------------

The Things We Give Up (or the real cost of living in Singapore) -Ep 2- The Identity Conundrum - Duration: 8:59.

For more infomation >> The Things We Give Up (or the real cost of living in Singapore) -Ep 2- The Identity Conundrum - Duration: 8:59.

-------------------------------------------

【#025】Answering some questions and a small good news~質問コーナー+スモールニュース!~with English subtitle - Duration: 5:46.

Hey guys! It's Misaki!

Today I'm going to answer some questions from my subscribers.

I picked up three questions.

The first question is "Where do I wanna go?".

I didn't talk about my hobby but my favorite hobby is traveling.

I really like traveling in Japan and around the world but I prefer traveling overseas.

I've been to Beijing, Shanghai, Korea, Hong Kong, Macao, Cebu(Philippines), Singapore, U.S.A.(Guam, Boston and New York), Canada (Toronto and Montreal) in my life.

Actually I've been going to Canada every summer since 3 years ago so I always wanna go there.lol

Plus I wanna go to South America especially Peru and Bolivia.

I'm also interested in Egypt, Greece and Spain. I wanna go there someday!

The second question is "Why do I teach Japanese?".

As I've said in the New Year video, I love learning and teaching languages. I'm studying English and teaching Japanese at the moment, and I'd like to learn Spanish next!

I'm quite a talkative person and I really enjoy communicating with people from different countries using English so I began teaching Japanese.

So the reason why I teach Japanese is that I love languages and communicating with people.

For the third question...

The third question is "Do you find it hard or easy learning English?".

I think it's hard and I'm still polishing my English. Even though it's still quite difficult for me, I really enjoy the learning process.

That's why it keeps me studying.

In regards to my English study… I started attending English Conversation class when I was in Primary Year 4 for two years.

Then I studied English as a school subject in junior and high school, and my majors in university were English and Education.

But I didn't really focus on learning English until the four years in university.

I'm learning English and I know how difficult it is to acquire a new language, so don't be discouraged when you find it hard studying Japanese.

I'll be supporting you guys!!

So that's all for the Q&A section today!

I'd like to take more Q&A videos so if you have more questions for me, please leave it in the comment section below!

Actually, my friend who helps to fix my English translation of the Youtube videos is gonna stay at my place around mid of February.

So if you have any questions about how my friend studied Japanese or other questions you have for her, this is your chance to ask now!

To give a brief introduction, my friend is from Hong Kong but she's living in Australia right now.

She can speak English and Cantonese and she started learning Japanese around 2 years ago.

It took her around a year to be proficient in Japanese. So I think it'll be a great opportunity for those of you who're studying / struggling with Japanese to ask questions about her study tips and advice, or any other questions like the reasons why she studied Japanese etc.

Don't miss this chance and feel free to leave your questions down below in the comment section!

You can leave your comments in Japanese or in English and my friend can answer them for you in the Q&A video!

That's all for today!

Don't forget to give me a Like if you enjoy my videos!If you like my channel, please subscribe it!

That's me for today! I'm waiting for your questions and comments!

I'll see you in the next video! Bye!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét