It's endometriosis awareness month.
I'm so excited.
Unfortunately, all my yellow things that I have in my wardrobe are too formal...so this & this because:
Yellow is the colour of endo.
Get it?
Egg... uterus…?
[cheery xylophone theme tune plays]
[claps] right.
Oh my goodness, it has been a minute or two since I have posted last on this channel.
Hi!
Welcome to Chronicles, a place where we, Kate & Victoria [me], are just trying to make invisible illness visible.
It's March, so Happy Endometriosis Month!
[flaps] I don't know what this is...it's like I'm an excited seal [blahg blahg]
Cutting right to the chase, I do therapy.
I see a psychologist and a psychiatrist.
One in four people have mental health issues and I am one of them.
As a chronically ill individual with endometriosis, I've learnt some things from therapy - I
recommend - and I want to share them with you.
Specifically, one thing: mindfulness.
And even more specifically, one breathing exercise that I've found really useful and
I was thinking that we could do it together?
This practice is called STOP.
An acronym for [softly laughs] for:
And then…
This practice can be used as a way of checking in with yourself throughout the day and/or
dealing with stressful & distressing situations.
This can interrupt the cycle of thinking that can exacerbate the stress response.
Now this all comes from this hand-out that my psychologist gave to me, which I will leave
below for you [in the description*].
...but I was thinking, I could just like guide you through it?
Even though I've never done this before, but I've been told that my voice is gentle
when I'm not like, excitedly squealing.
[ambient music slowly fades in]
Okay...are you ready?
So…
Whatever you're doing right now, I want you to just, stop it [softly laughs] and
close your eyes.
Open wide to everything...thoughts, emotions, sensations, sounds, sights.
Be aware of your body from your head to your toes.
Take a few long deep breaths [breathes in and out].
Notice where you feel the breath right now.
Observe the sensations of the breathing in the body.
Focusing on the breath at the abdomen can be quite calming.
Open and expand awareness of breath to include the whole body.
What do you feel in the arms, the legs, the trunk, head?
And then senses… what do you see, hear in the moment?
Deep breath in [breathes in] and let it go [breathes out slowly].
Now open your eyes.
Proceed and re-engage with whatever you were doing.
...And that is it.
Thank you to all of you who stayed to do that practice with me and I hope you found it helpful
and stuff.
It's up to you whether you do this for a few seconds or a few minutes.
Regardless of whether you're chronically ill or not, this is a really good practice
to just, be aware of what's going on with yourself, cos I feel like, the more you're
aware, the more you can do about it.
I myself need reminding a lot to just take a moment for myself.
If you want me to make more of these mindfulness videos, I would be very flattered to do that
for you.
...but let me know what your thoughts are and what tools you've found helpful.
Sorry it's been so long since we posted.
Kate's been really sick and has had a lot of things going on that she may tell you about,
but she may not...And I've also been...uuhhh...just so many
things!
Hit the like button if you mean it, sharing is caring and subscribe to our videos at Chronicles
if you like me and like this!
And find us on facebook or twitter because I wanna be your friend [claps]!
Till next time, I'm Victoria, you're watching Chronicles, and I'd like to invite you to
join us in the fight for making invisible illness visible.
Especially cos Endo month!
End the silence!
Lift it up, lift it up!
Happy Endo Month! [clicks tongue twice]
For more infomation >> Hundreds attend Peaceful 'Make America Great Again' march in Sacramento - Duration: 1:24.
For more infomation >> Thanh Lọc Gan "NHƯ MỚI VÀ TRẺ RA CẢ CHỤC TUỔI" Nhờ 1 Ly Nước Này - Duration: 3:14. 

For more infomation >> The best ATV who want it all! - Duration: 4:24.
For more infomation >> Dharamshala test में छाए Kuldeep yadav shahrukh khan से लेकर 'cricket of god' तक हुए फैन - Duration: 1:56.
For more infomation >> Супергерои Халк и Спайдермен катаются на машинках - Duration: 10:35.
For more infomation >> CARTOON GAME om nom #8 of the NEW SERIES MY VIRTUAL PET MONSTER om nom games and cartoons for kids - Duration: 7:26.
For more infomation >> Кто выиграл конфеты? Итоги конкурса №1. - Duration: 2:28.
For more infomation >> Marseille 4' 4K Upconverting HDMI Cable w/Cord Extender - Duration: 3:03. 
For more infomation >> Bad Baby crying and learn colors Colorful Paw Patrol мультики Герои в масках Игрушки Щенячий патруль - Duration: 4:07.
For more infomation >> Bad Baby crying and learn colors Colorful Paw Patrol Игрушки Щенячий патруль новые серии Учим Цвета - Duration: 3:44.
For more infomation >> 名取市ケア・グート 在宅リハビリマッサージはりきゅう【名取市・渡邊様施術の様子】 - Duration: 3:05. 
For more infomation >> Герои в масках Дуда и Дада СБОРНИК больше 15 мин Семья Пальчиков Обучающий мульт Finger family 2017 - Duration: 16:40. 
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét