Thứ Sáu, 31 tháng 8, 2018

Waching daily Aug 31 2018

Greetings, friends!

today I have to confess something else

I was wrong!

ah jeez...!

I said elsewhere

than in Classical Latin

that there are 7 vowel qualities

but recently I read a paper

written by Dr. Andrea Calabrese

in which this linguist/philologist

very clearly lays out the fact that

Classical Latin has

only 5 vowel qualities

here are the vowels of Classical Latin

in that previous video

regarding Latin vowels

I stated that there are 7 vowel qualities

because according to the Roman grammarians

of the 5th century AD

that's how it was

in the language at that time

and it's also that way

in modern Italian

here is are the vowels

of the 7-quality system

and of course from Greek

in all Roman periods

we have

but this beautiful vowel

is not, shall we say, native

according to the author of the article

Andrea Calabrese

it's impossible

for that system

which is rather often invoked

this is the system proposed by Sydney Allen

who also wrote the book

called VOX LATINA

here is the lovely book

and very important for those of us who

want to speak Latin according to the ancient standard

nevertheless there are errors in that book

for example

Allen says that

/ɪ/and /ʊ/ are Latin vowels

in the Classical language

but this is totally false

/ɪ/and /ʊ/ do not exist in Classical Latin

only in

the mouths of

Anglophones and Germans

and why are they impossible?

because the most conservative

of the Romance languages

that exist today

that best conserve

the ancient language are

the Sardinian language

which in Sardinia

can still be heard today

and Southern Lucanian

which can be found in Basilicata/Lucania

in Italy

in these languages

the short 'ĭ' of Latin has become [i]

and short 'ŭ' [u]

and these regions were colonized by the Romans

in the very same Classical Period

in the time of Classical Latin

and in the Sardinian language

and in the Lucanian language

there are only 5 phonological vowel qualities

and letter 'e' and 'o' are pronounced open

naturally in other languages

also born from Vulgar Latin

for example in Portuguese

Romanian, Italian,

French...

short 'ĭ' became [e]

and short 'ŭ' became [o]

this mutation

wasn't going on

in Rome the city

in the time of Cicero

but Cicero himself

heard his friend

saying this rustic sound

this is from Cicero's

De Oratore 3.46

For this reason, it seems to me, Sulpicius

that this friend of ours, Cotta,

whose broad sounds you sometimes imitate

when you drop the letter 'i' and

pronounce a super-obvious 'e' instead,

imitating farmhands

rather than the orators of the past

so Cicero hear's his friend Cotta

changing /i/ into /e/

this means

the mutation has occurred which

we find in the Romance languages

being ĭ -> /e/

in the book VOX LATINA

Sidney Allen writes, thinking

"given this change from 'i' to 'e'

"there needs to be

"and intermediate state"

he proposes [ɪ]

but there is no evidence for this

for this exact sound

on the contrary, Cicero says

"hey, you talk like a redneck!"

the rustic speech

will become the Romance languages

"hah, you talk like a hick; instead of 'i' you say 'e' "

the sound change is complete

there is zero need for an intermediate stage

likewise

ŭ -> [o] has occurred

an intermediate step is unnecessary

this rustic speech, however

in the 1st century AD

is heard more often

because in Pompeian inscriptions

we see

and many others

what does this mean?

this means that the rustic speech

or uneducated speech

already has this mutation

ŭ -> /o/

ĭ -> /e/

/ʊ/ and /ɪ/ are unnecessary

so what is our goal?

we want to speak in Latin

obviously you are watching me speak Latin

and maybe even without the subtitles

you can understand me; great!

there are those who

use the Ecclesiastical Pronunciation

lovely! they're speaking Latin, so I'm happy

while others

want to use

Classical/Restored Pronunciation

I am among them

let's say we want to speak like ancient Romans

now we know there exist

three fairly distinct

systems

which we might use

elsewhere

proposed

the 5th century AD pronunciation system for vowels

in this system there are 7 vowel qualities

just as in modern Italian

not surprisingly this is the latest Roman system

which became the modern Italian pronunciation

if we want to talk like Cicero, like Caesar

— Caesar himself was born in Rome

you may already know, among the Classical authors

Caesar was the only one from Rome

out of all the ancient Roman writers!

but not Cicero or Vergil

Terentius, Plautus

none among them was born in Rome

just Caesar

at that time the Latin language

was already international

it's a language between peoples

as it is today

it essentially belongs to no person by birth

but is an educated form of speech

so if we want to talk like Cicero

we must use 5 vowel qualities

but you might say

"But Luke, I prefer

"to talk like the common folk

"it might be rustic, but I want to talk that way"

if you wan to talk like

the Romans of the 1st century AD

if you want to talk like

less educated Romans

and farmers and foreigners, or Oscans!

no problem! therefore

you have to use this system

but that's not all!

you can't pronounce the letter H

you can't pronounce final letter -M

whether nasalizing or otherwise

you can't say the diphthong AE

you have to pronounce it 'ē'

you can't say the diphthong OE

you have to say 'ē'

you can't say the diphthong AU

you have to say 'ō'

here is an example

so there are

three systems

which we might use

in order to sound Roman

the first is the Calabrese system

this is the system of Cicero and Caesar

and you'll hear it

with open E and O

well, if you want

to sound like rednecks

and hillbillies

of the 1st century AD

it would be like this

and if you want to sound like educated

Romans of the 5th century AD

it should be like this

the difference between

the most Classical

pronunciation

and the educated speech of the 5th century AD

is just the difference between

closed and open E

and closed and open O

it's not a big difference

these are the only three

systems we might employ

/ɪ/ and /ʊ/ do not exist in the Latin

of the ancient Romans

I prefer the Calabrese System

I prefer the vowels of Cicero

I'm going to have to

change the phonemes

that I use

but it's important; I prefer to speak like Catullus

like Cicero, like Caesar

among many others of the Classical period

you also have to watch and listen to

the videos of my friend Raffaele

who has recording himself speaking

in three pronunciation schemes

in his videos

including the Calabrese System

and the Sydney Allen system

and the system

that was around in the 5th century AD

the links for these videos are in the description

and please go ahead and put

your comments about

these matters below

and let's talk about this stuff

thanks for watching!

I hope you'll add your

comments below

and

because we have to talk about these things

take care!

For more infomation >> Calabrese System Pronunciation of Latin / Systema "Calabrese" Pronuntiationis - Duration: 18:00.

-------------------------------------------

[ MATCH 200 ] du FIVE SONGS - Duration: 6:28.

For more infomation >> [ MATCH 200 ] du FIVE SONGS - Duration: 6:28.

-------------------------------------------

Những Pha May Mắn Nhất NRO | Ngọc Rồng Online - Duration: 3:04.

For more infomation >> Những Pha May Mắn Nhất NRO | Ngọc Rồng Online - Duration: 3:04.

-------------------------------------------

[SORI] Sori in London EP4 - A Cuppa Coffe in London - - Duration: 6:21.

Sori's YouTube Channel

The bunny cap once worn by Ariana Grande.

Atsuko Kudo san and Nimon, who I reunited with in three years, is still kind and friendly.

It's been such a long time.

I wanna try on these jackets too.

we've got some latex jackets here too.

(Ain't it pretty?)

This looks so cool.

Once again I realized that

latex outfits are very form-fitting

and might look like it wouldn't take much time to produce, but that's not true. It requires all the details and care.

It seems like I've been here for several hours...

so, I'm gonna sit down here and relax for a bit.

I'm outta shop.

I thought it'd be done quick, but ended up taking 5 hours.

It was a good idea to have lunch before this.

(Oh right, diet...)

I'm looking forward to how my outfits would turn out.

This time around, I chose different color scheme

So, different design and different color scheme, get hyped, guys!

Shall we go eat then?

Since I said I was go on a diet, instead of a meal, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee.

Woohoo, London!

The sun is blazing!

(I don't wanna get burnt)

Such a hot day we're having in London. The current time of South Korea is 1:10 AM.

No wonder I kept yawning when I was at the shop.

Which way should I go?

I went to that cafe with CoCo before.

We waited there while the outfits were being updated.

After pondering upon which cafe,

since this one's so pretty, I decided to go in here.

So cute!

(sighs)

Since I kept yawning, I ordered Iced caffe latte

So that I can replenish some caffeine intake.

(This is a nice touch!)

( The latte arrived.)

(Heavenly.)

(The leisure from a cup of coffee.)

Such a beautiful weather.

I'm having a relaxing time.

(The coffee after the 5 hours of work was something else.)

So, I finished the most important task, that is getting my outfit done, and I just finished a cup of coffee,

and this is my last day in England...

I've always wanted to visit London Bridge...

We passed by it the last time we were here too, but it was late and dark, so I didn't get to see it well.

So, I'm gonna head over there and take some photos.

Apparently there's a bus that takes me straight there.

I'm gonna head over there.

I feel content since I accomplished something ever since I came over here in London...

I'm curious how well the outfits are gonna turn out, and whether I'd be able to pull off the outfit well.

I'm getting ready for my solo debut in detail, like this...

I hope you guys like my upcoming song.

(I prayed and wish that many people will like my new song, send me your support, guys!)

For more infomation >> [SORI] Sori in London EP4 - A Cuppa Coffe in London - - Duration: 6:21.

-------------------------------------------

🍅УНИКАЛЬНЫЙ СПОСОБ ПОСЕВА ТОМАТОВ - ПОД ЗИМУ.🍅 - Duration: 2:10.

Hello

a unique way of sowing tomatoes for the winter

the biggest problem for vegetable growers this seedling the same tomatoes sow in seedlings in late March

day in the first month of spring is still short so the seedlings need a backlight

The problem is, besides, there is a lot of space under the seedlings

it happens in the summer residents busy all the windowsill but where at this time to put houseplants

again the problem then it must be delivered to the dacha well if there is a car and if not in general

continuous trouble and meanwhile there is a unique way of sowing tomatoes which will get rid of trouble with seedlings

way to the word is simpler nowhere in October when the first frosts hit the garden are digging deep holes about

15 20 centimeters after which each one is put on one tomato yes yes directly on the whole tomato

over the fruits are covered with earth lightly and

tamped in the end from the top of the tomato to the surface of the earth should be 10 centimeters over the landings pour dry leaves layer

10-15 centimeters can be more and over the elderly mesh box

so that the shelter is not swept by the wind as soon as the snow falls, it is thrown over the landings

in the spring when the soil warms up

leaves must be removed and soon in each hole will ascend a whole bunch of tomato sprouts

them as well as planted seedlings will have to hide there is no konko from frosts and when they grow up

dig out and seed on beds and no problems with seedlings by the way tomatoes grown in this way are more

resistant to cooling because they naturally harden, they are more resistant to disease and yield is usually higher

I wish everyone good luck

subscribe to the channel put laiki write comments

For more infomation >> 🍅УНИКАЛЬНЫЙ СПОСОБ ПОСЕВА ТОМАТОВ - ПОД ЗИМУ.🍅 - Duration: 2:10.

-------------------------------------------

😭有一種傷害叫「為你好」[不正常宣導片] ⭐飛來橫喵⭐ - Duration: 1:51.

For more infomation >> 😭有一種傷害叫「為你好」[不正常宣導片] ⭐飛來橫喵⭐ - Duration: 1:51.

-------------------------------------------

"Stree" Movie Public Review | Box Office Collection | Shraddha Kapoor | Rajkummar Rao - Duration: 1:28.

"Stree" Movie Public Review | Box Office Collection | Shraddha Kapoor | Rajkummar Rao

For more infomation >> "Stree" Movie Public Review | Box Office Collection | Shraddha Kapoor | Rajkummar Rao - Duration: 1:28.

-------------------------------------------

藤原さくら × mabanua / "I wanna go out"(スタジオライブ)歌詞字幕付き - Duration: 4:20.

For more infomation >> 藤原さくら × mabanua / "I wanna go out"(スタジオライブ)歌詞字幕付き - Duration: 4:20.

-------------------------------------------

মাথা নষ্ট বাংলা গান - হাওয়া হাওয়া (Hawa Hawa) | Bangla Gorom Masala Song - Duration: 3:32.

মাথা নষ্ট বাংলা গান - হাওয়া হাওয়া (Hawa Hawa) | Bangla Gorom Masala Song

For more infomation >> মাথা নষ্ট বাংলা গান - হাওয়া হাওয়া (Hawa Hawa) | Bangla Gorom Masala Song - Duration: 3:32.

-------------------------------------------

Judgment - Duration: 5:02.

Take a look at these two leaves…

Which leaf is the better one?

You don't have to answer it now but...

keep this question in mind,

while we explore the wonder of nature

together…

Have you ever gazed up into the night sky...

and saw a star which was in a "bad" position?

Have you ever watched ocean waves crash on the shore...

and saw any waves which were "misshapen"?

Have you ever looked at a white cloud floating overhead...

and saw any clouds which appeared "faulty"?

Have you seen a "wrong" river?

A mountain full of "mistakes"?

An "imperfect" snowflake?

Or a dewdrop...

which is not supposed to be there?

You see, all things in nature...

are always "right" in themselves.

They are beautiful and perfect

in their own mysterious way.

Even the unwanted has its worth,

the ugly has its utility,

and the seemingly "evil"...

has its vital function in the grand scheme of things.

Now,

let's stop pondering about nature for a while,

and think about ourselves.

Have you ever judged yourself?

Have you ever thought to yourself...

"I am worthless"?

"I am ugly"?

"I am stupid"?

"I am a failure"?

"A loser"?

Or "I am not good enough"?

If you have,

or if you are doing it right now,

may I remind you of one important truth?

That you, too,

are a part of nature.

In fact, you are nature.

Just like those stars,

those trees...

and those waves in the sea.

You have the right to be here.

You are beautiful,

useful and…

perfect in your own mysterious way.

This, of course,

doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive to become better,

but it means that there's no need to hate yourself...

on the path to becoming greater.

Animosity has nothing to do with advancement,

and judgment is not a prerequisite...

for improvement.

In fact,

when judgment enters our heart,

joy falls apart.

And without joy, well,

improvement has hardly any meaning.

So,

look again at your scar.

Can you see that it's actually "a star"

that shines forth the beauty of your experience?

Look again at your mistake.

Can you see that it's actually "a mountain"

that lifts you higher towards the sky,

now that you know how to learn from it?

Look again at your wound.

Can you see that it's actually "a wave"

that brings you lots of wisdom,

even though it may crash a little harshly on your heart?

Every experience has its lesson.

Every emotion has its function.

And every person has their purpose.

We are all part of nature,

dancing imperfectly…

to a perfect tune.

So now, let me ask you again…

"Which leaf is the better one?"

Well, the answer is…

"it depends".

Different leaves have different purposes,

and they are all useful and beautiful...

in their own unique ways.

Just like you.

This is K… signing off.

Till next time,

Be peaceful.

Be powerful.

For more infomation >> Judgment - Duration: 5:02.

-------------------------------------------

[EXID(이엑스아이디)] K-Wave 3 Music Festival in Malaysia 비하인드 - Duration: 11:20.

What are you eating?

How many did you had?

I already had three

Snacks are delicious in Malaysia

Try harder!

My arm hurts

So?

Hold this for me

Wait, I'm almost done.

I cannot give camera to them. They are too far.

JEONGHWA could

Stretch your arms

I cannot keep it like this

Do we have schedule with SOLJI since next time?

We have choreography for five. It is easier to do it.

We have the center!

Are you done with that? Hold it.

You don't usually do that!!!

Anyone remember choreography of <Vaporize Yourself>?

What was it?

Here we go

Am I doing right?

That doesn't look right

You arr not following the beat

No, it is right

Let's think about it after today's show!

Shell we finish it with cheers

It's different one

The one you did in Taiwan

What was it?

See you soon!

When did you bring the camera?

They wrote letters in Korean.

It must be hard for them

I'm so touched

We got cakes for HYELIN's birthday!

So cute

It's not [JUNG-DAM], it's [JUNG-DAP!]

They wrote letters in Korean but I could understand everything! It's amazing

This is the cake we got from the fans in Malaysia!

Look at the details! It has earrings

One thing is, it looks like it's wearing diapers...

Thank you very much and happy that you guys celebrated my birthday.

Strict / Serious/ solemn

The fan wrote it in Korean!

I felt that learning language is difficult while learning Chinese and Japanese.

I also felt that fans from overseas are so precious. They try to write something in their singers' language.

I'm going to read the letter from fans in Malaysia!

She wrote very well. "Hello, I love your see weed"

See weed?

I think it meant 'entertainment'

I can see her sincerity through the hand writing.

Have you seen 'ㅎ' as pretty as this?

I'll support you!

There's my picture!

Thank you for the letters!

Thank you Malaysia!

We don't have much time left. We prepared six songs. I'm looking forward to see the fans!

We will be back after finish the stage well! See you again!

Let's go!

It finally started!

There's EXID!

failed

Where's HYELIN

Struggling

I'm fine!

HANI laughs out loud

It's our first time in Malaysia!

What happened back there?

The curtains wouldn't open.

HYELIN prepared some event!

Up & Down in Malaysia!

It ended very well!

It was our first time in Malaysia but many fans cheered and sang along the songs. It was moving and passionate!

We hope that we can visit Malaysia more often. See you soon!

For more infomation >> [EXID(이엑스아이디)] K-Wave 3 Music Festival in Malaysia 비하인드 - Duration: 11:20.

-------------------------------------------

Miniature Balloon Sugar Bowls | How To Cook That - Duration: 4:50.

Welcome to How To Cook That I'm Ann

Reardon and today I'm in my mini kitchen

which is only 1/12 of the normal scale

it is tiny and you guys requested that I

try and make miniature sugar bowls if

you're new around here to fill you in I

invented balloon drip sugar bowls back

in 2016 and I'll link you to that video

in the end but that was using

normal-sized balloons that I'm not sure

if it's even possible to make the

miniature size but let's find out

together weigh out your sugar and tip it

into a saucepan then take that to the

sink and add just enough water to make

it look like wet sand oops that's a

little bit much it'll be okay...

light your stove close it up and add

your pan to the heat. Leave that

unstirred for the sugar to dissolve and

while that is cooking put some baking

paper on to your bench then put a bowl

down to hold your balloon the right way

up and this is filled with water. If you

remember from the original video that I

did the water helps to disperse the heat...

with it being this small though there's

not much water in it so it might not

cool it enough to stop the balloon from

popping and I don't really want to have

sugar all over my mini kitchen but you

guys asked for it so I'm going to try!

Once the sugar is boiled for a while it

will start to turn golden so quickly at

that point you need to add in your

coloring. I'm just using a tiny bit of

pink ... wow the heat is going up that tiny

spoon very fast then we have to pour

that over the balloons ... here we go the

moment of truth are they going to pop??

They're looking good 😊I don't think they're going

to ... I think they're gonna hold. We

definitely needed the baking paper

underneath that to protect the counter

though and now we just have to leave

them to cool. To get your pan clean just

fill it with water and then you can just

leave that to one side and the sugar

will dissolve in about an hour or you

could spend ages trying to scrub it off

but this way it just magically cleans itself.

These are so tiny they have cooled

pretty quickly. Turn the tap to the side

take your balloon over to the sink and

make a tiny cut with scissors try and

get all that water down the sink

preferably not all over your kitchen and

you'll see that balloon is just going

down and as it gets to the end there

just give it a bit of a pull and pull

the balloon out and it worked! We have a

mini balloon bowl. Do the same with the

other one I don't have any miniature

scissors but even if I did I don't think

I could get my fingers to actually work

with them because they'd be too small.

You can store your balloon bowls in an

airtight container until you're ready to

use them. I like to fill mine with a few

scoops of ice cream ...

and a generous drizzle of chocolate

ganache you can make this just by mixing

equal parts by weight of hot cream and

some milk chocolate and stir it until

it's smooth. Add some freshly chopped

fruit ... raspberries and strawberries are

always nice together and then a

sprinkling of chopped nuts.

So yes you can make miniature sugar

bowls. I think these would look fabulous

in a party you'd need to make lots of

them of course and fill them with

something that doesn't melt maybe a

little piping of Chantilly cream and a

fresh raspberry on top of each one that

would be lovely.

or something chocolaty you use your

imagination. Click here to go to my

channel here for the original sugar

bowls recipe video here for more mini

baking and here for the latest video

make it a great week and I'll see you on

Friday.

For more infomation >> Miniature Balloon Sugar Bowls | How To Cook That - Duration: 4:50.

-------------------------------------------

Wszyscy Tutaj Są [Zapowiedź Turnieju TF2] - Duration: 2:15.

For more infomation >> Wszyscy Tutaj Są [Zapowiedź Turnieju TF2] - Duration: 2:15.

-------------------------------------------

VEGAN INTRO | STYLE IN A MAJOR - Duration: 2:59.

Hey guys!

I know we haven't seen face to face in a while and I know many of you wanted me to post again

This week will mark 2 years of Style in A Major and that's why I prepared something different for today.

I wanted to talk to you about the fact that I became vegan.

Perhaps not many of you are familiarised with veganism so I wanted to tell you a few things about it.

A lot of people confuse the terms vegan, vegetarian and raw-vegan.

Vegetarians are the ones who follow a normal diet, except they remove meat.

Raw-vegans are the ones who eat everything raw, nothing cooked, and vegans don't eat anything of animal origin.

No meat, eggs or dairy products.

Being vegan means following a certain diet, but that's not all.

For me, it represents a lifestyle.

I took this decision because I wish to protect the animals

I've loved animals since I was little, but as time passed I realised that they can be protected and I can contribute as well.

Therefore, I don't eat or use anything of animal origin.

Before I became vegan, I consulted with my parents, doctors and nutritionists

and I understood that the best way to go about it was to remove animal products gradually, which was what I did.

First I gave up meat, then eggs, and finally dairy products.

I must admit it wasn't easy, and maybe the hardest part was giving up my favourite cakes

but I searched and found many other vegan recipes.

As far as fashion goes, I don't wear leather, fur or feathers.

The footwear was the most difficult, because most shoes have a leather in soles

but I found alternatives.

I also don't use any products that are tested on animals, such as soap, toothpaste, makeup and hair products

I replaced them with cruelty free options.

This was challenging as well because they are not that easy to find,

but I've discovered a brand new world and I can't wait to share it with you from now on.

Since I became vegan, I feel better and I have a lot more energy.

From now on, I'm going to get involved in as many projects as I can to help animals.

I'm sure you have many questions linked to this subject

You can send them to me on social media and I'll be back with a vegan Q&A soon.

Till next time, stay in A Major, and I can't wait to answer your questions.

For more infomation >> VEGAN INTRO | STYLE IN A MAJOR - Duration: 2:59.

-------------------------------------------

Familienrabatt nur noch mit Nachweis | Landesschau Baden-Württemberg - Duration: 3:04.

For more infomation >> Familienrabatt nur noch mit Nachweis | Landesschau Baden-Württemberg - Duration: 3:04.

-------------------------------------------

Wie lange bleibt die Niedrigzinsphase noch? - Duration: 6:29.

For more infomation >> Wie lange bleibt die Niedrigzinsphase noch? - Duration: 6:29.

-------------------------------------------

New military intel command to officially kick off from September - Duration: 1:53.

The Defense Security Command was disbanded after the shocking revelation of its political

interference scandals.

And now a new military intel unit is ready to begin operation in its place tomorrow.

According to our Park Ji-won, its members, selected after a sweeping personnel reform,

is dedicated to winning back the public trust.

After months of government efforts to revamp the nation's military intel command,... a

new security command will officially launch at the start of September.

The official launch ceremony will be held at eight-thirty a.m.

September 1st at the headquarters of the intel command in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do Province.

Dubbed the "Defense Security Support Command,"... the new security command will be led by Lieutenant

General Nam Young-sin,... who also led the preparatory work for the new command over

the past month.

The new command will be under the direct control of the nation's defense ministry.

It will be operated by some three-thousand members,.. a roughly thirty percent decrease

from its predecessor.

Members who were involved in the previous intel unit's alleged illicit acts, including

the illegal surveillance of civilians, the manipulation of online commentaries,... and

the drawing up of documents for the imposition of martial law,... were removed from the new

command structure.

A ministry official said the new command will focus on its original role of military security

matters and anti-espionage issues.

The previous military intel command, or DSC, was disbanded,... and executive orders to

set up the new military intel command with its own new legal framework were passed during

a cabinet meeting earlier this month.

Independent investigations are currently underway on the previous intel unit's alleged interference

in domestic politics.

Park Ji-won, Arirang News.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét