Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 11, 2018

Waching daily Nov 30 2018

- I've had access to the YouTube Stories feature

for quite a while now.

It's gone through a lot of iterations,

and yesterday they rolled it out more broadly

to over 30,000 new channels.

You're seeing it a lot now on your newsfeed.

Today I want to give you a complete tutorial walk-through

of how it works and how you can

post to your stories, coming up.

(upbeat techno music)

Hey, guys!

My name's Tim Smoyer, welcome to Video Creators.

We are here to help you grow your YouTube audience

so you can spread a message that reaches people,

changes their lives.

And a new tool for doing that is YouTube Stories.

Now, you've gotta be familiar with stories.

It's all over Facebook, Instagram, originated

probably with SnapChat, and now YouTube's got their version.

And I've been using it for a while.

I really like it because it's a quick, easy way

for me to interact and engage with you guys

through just quick little video clips that I can make

without any editing, behind the scenes,

when I'm traveling, when I'm at YouTube Space,

when I'm doing trainings, whatever,

it's an easy way for me to just keep in touch with you guys

and show you what's going on

without having to produce a full video.

So, lemme walk you guys through exactly how to use Stories,

including some of the features you might not know are there,

as well as comments and moderation and how to find them

and reply to them and a whole bunch of stuff.

We're gonna kinda make this a complete tutorial, okay?

So, there's a few places where Stories can show up

for people who are watching them.

One of them is right here on the homepage.

You can see right here, I'm on the homepage,

and so there's none showing up for me

right here in the homepage.

I've already looked and tried refreshing,

but they can be right here in the homepage.

They can also be, if you go up here to the top right,

click on my channel, and then you'll see

if you scroll over, you have your Stories tab right here

and you can see your Stories here.

Now, they used to let you make groups of them,

I don't think that's a feature anymore,

so I still have some groups here.

But, in the upper left, you can see I have eight items,

eight video clips, and that number you see there

is the total number of views for all clips in that story.

So, this top one here, Video Creators, has eight items in it

for a total of 880 views so far,

since I just started posting them today.

And then, the other place that they will show up

is on your subscriptions tab here at the very top.

You can see that red circle around me,

I have some unwatched ones on my own channel,

and Lele Pons also has some that I could watch.

There's one more place it could show up,

and that is on the watch page of a video.

So, let's say, you're watching one of my videos,

I don't know if it'll actually do it here, I doubt it.

But let's just say, you're watching one of my videos

and it could be down here as well.

So, it's not right now, which is not surprising.

But it could be there.

Those are the four places where

YouTube says that they could be.

'Kay?

So, when someone wants to watch one of your Stories,

they can just tap on your video,

well, let's do mine since copyright issues.

Alright, and so I can see so far,

in the bottom left, that I've had 20 views on it.

That's only private to the creator,

and I can check here and see that I have one comment so far

and I will get to those here in a second.

Actually, let's do it now since we're here.

So, you can click in the top right.

There's only one comment here,

lemme go back to a different one

that has a little bit more comments.

How's this one?

'Kay.

So, three comments, well, it says three, I'm not sure why,

but there's obviously more than three here.

So you can sort them by top comments,

and those are typically the ones

with the most thumbs ups and engagements

and people who are engaging a lot,

things like that, or newest first.

And then, what you can do, is you can go through

any of these and hit reply in story,

and then I can actually record my response here.

And we'll go through all this interface here in a second.

But I'll actually record my response in here

and then, after I'm done recording,

I can tap and zoom to reposition

and resize that person's question right there.

But let's come back and go through that later.

Now, one of the things a lot of people are asking is,

"Well, how do I find those comments?"

So, you can do it the way I did it,

which is by going directly to the video.

Another way you can do it is to go over

to your YouTube Creator Studio,

and if you tap on comments over there,

they will show up in here as well.

So, you can see, I have three comments,

nine minutes ago, 12 minutes ago,

and 14 minutes ago on my Story.

So see on the left side, it says Story,

whereas on the these other comments,

it'll show the title of the video that the comment was on.

So the only thing you can do here sums it up,

like it, dislike it, or heart it.

There's no way to actually reply to it in here

which I wish was a thing, I wish right here I could

just tap on this or reply in my Story right here

inside this app, or at least open up the YouTube app

and take me over to my Story or something, but it doesn't.

And so, I can check for notifications here,

but if I actually wanna reply, I have to go back

over here to my Story manually,

look for the comment in that clip,

and then reply to it there.

Now, let's go through the process

of actually making a new Story.

To create a Story.

From the upper top of my thing, you see,

there's a plus button right there?

You click that, tap on Story,

and now here there's a couple things I can do.

Let's start with the upper left corner,

these three little circles,

this is where you're gonna find different filters

and I have found that these apply with,

especially some of these do a great job if you...

Well, there's just different filters.

Different ways you can

adjust how strong it is,

and you're probably familiar with this on Instagram.

Tap it once to kinda go to it and then tap it again

to kinda bring up this other dial where you can adjust.

So, I'm gonna go with normal on that.

And then, tap the upper left corner again to get rid of it.

In the bottom left corner here,

this is where I can upload pictures

and other clips from my phone's gallery.

So, here's one of me feeding my daughter.

I could post that if I wanted to.

Discard, and then go back.

So, I could upload my own video clips and things from there.

This is another place, I think this is

dedicated for if you have an iPhone 10,

or one that has the profile of you

that kinda separates you from the background,

gives you that more depth of field look thing?

So, that's what this is doing.

This is just kinda different things with that.

So, you can see, my background's green now,

and I'm still red, so.

I'm not gonna do anything with that right now.

The middle is record, and we'll get to that in a second,

this one is, it make it bright for me,

if I'm doing this in the dark

and need some light on my face.

Turn that off, and then this

all the way right simply flips the camera,

that's me recording, and flips it back.

'Kay?

And then, to actually do your Story,

you either tap it for a picture, like that, and go back,

or, you hold it to actually shoot a video like this.

And then you let go when you're done.

Now you have a few more options.

At the top, you can trim it if you want,

and by sliding it, the front, changing the end either way.

You can add music to it, and this is YouTube's

royalty free stuff right here that they have.

If you wanna use music on your device, you can.

You can pick one of these, hit the plus sign next to it,

and then you hit the sliders where you can adjust

which audio is more dominant,

the original audio of me talking, or the music track,

that balance, you can repeat it, remove it, change it.

I'm gonna remove it for now.

And then you can add some stickers!

You can add your location, that'll geo tag your video.

All these are different ones that you can add.

You can also add in the bottom right here, see,

and now you have some emojis that'll pop up.

And you can use any of those selections as well.

Get rid of those.

This is where, lemme go back to hit that,

you go to the AA in the top.

This is where you can add text.

And so, I'm gonna add this YouTube right there.

You can change the color by tapping any of these,

you can change the size right here.

Another thing you can do is just click,

use your fingers on it, two fingers

to pinch and zoom and reposition it.

Tap it again to re-edit it.

And then, at the very very top,

you can hit from classic, to light, to heavy,

to marker, to brush, to typewriter, back to classic.

Right next to it is this A with a box around it,

lets you put a background behind it,

a dark background behind it, or no background.

So, you can kinda switch it up however you want.

And then, all the way to the left,

you can align left, right, or middle.

Just like that.

So, I'll just put that like that.

And then, the next thing,

we have this magic wand in the upper right corner.

We can tap on that, and this is where you're gonna get

the types of profiles that you're used to having

in any other color profiles that

you're used to doing in any of these other

types of Story apps like that.

'Kay?

So, and then I would hit this--

I'm not gonna actually post this one,

but, you gotta hit post, down in the

bottom right corner there,

and then it would upload and I'm gonna discard this for now.

And then you can see, if you go back here to your channel,

right here, and then go over to your Stories,

if you have some that are uploading

you can see them uploading and

see if they've actually posted or not.

Sometimes if you have a bad

internet connection it might time out,

and you can come back here and retry the upload

if you want, if it gets stuck, or it's not posting,

or your WiFi cuts out, or something in the middle,

you come back here and restart

the upload from this menu here.

A few other thoughts for you,

I'm gonna go in here, you can moderate your comments

by tapping these three little dots to remove it,

report it, or cancel it, if you'd like to do that.

There is unfortunately no way that

I know of to actually type back,

the only way I know to reply to a comment in your Stories

is to actually hit that reply in Story

and then do it that way, so, unfortunately,

there's no just typing.

Now, when I'm looking, I can see that 645 people,

the very bottom left of this,

have viewed this particular clip.

Then these are ones I did a little bit later,

45 minutes ago, you can see at the top.

So, 93, 68, but that number is private only to me.

That is not a public number that other people can see.

Now these clips will stay active on my channel

and be publicly accessible for seven days.

However, the comments stay available

for 30 days inside your Studios.

Even thought the clips are gone,

you can still see the comments

for up to 30 days later inside the YouTube Studio.

Going back to navigating through these Stories,

the way to do it is you can tap to skip to the next clip,

or you swipe with your thumb left

across the screen to go to the next one

or swipe it to the right to go back to the other one.

And so, here you can skip across if you like

Lane's got a bunch of them,

now one thing that I think is interesting here

is that it will also show Stories

from channels that you're not subscribed to

and there will be a subscribe button at the very bottom.

So, you can see here, I'm not subscribed to WheezyWaiter,

on this channel anyway, I am on other ones,

but he still showed up as a recommended Story for me

in my Story feed because I tend to watch his videos

even though I haven't subscribed to him from this channel.

So, you can see at the bottom there,

that there is a subscribe button for me

where I can go ahead and subscribe to his channel

straight here from his Story.

So, it's cool to know as a creator,

when you're doing these Stories,

that your Stories can still get surfaced to people

who are not subscribed if they've kind of engaged

with your channel on other levels outside of the Stories.

And then, you can see other people's comments here.

It won't show you a number, you have to actually tap on it

and see the other Stories there for yourself,

and there's no interacting with other people

other than liking or disliking their comments.

Another thing to keep in mind is that

if you wanna download your video clip, your Story,

you have to do that right before you publish it.

After you publish it, there's

no longer an option to do that.

So, lemme show you, if you tap on the little camera icon,

the plus at the top, and then I'm gonna go to Story,

and then in here, I can do,

"This is my clip for sample download!"

Let go, and now I can do whatever I want to,

but you see, in the bottom left,

there's that save button right there,

and that'll let me download my clip to my camera reel.

But after that, I can post it, but after I post it,

there's no way for me to get

to download these and get them back.

Which I don't really like that much.

I can tap and go into my Story here

but there is no download at all,

even on this one when I was at

YouTube Space four months ago, there's no download.

I can delete, but I cannot download or do anything else.

So, if you plan on making one Story

and uploading it to multiple different platforms,

you'd probably have to do it in a different platform

or do it here and download it,

but just remember to save it before you post.

A couple hot questions I know you guys are asking:

one, who's eligible for this?

And, right now, it's about 66,000 channels have access to it

and their goal is to roll it out to all eligible channels

that have 10,000 subscribers or more this year.

I'm hoping this year means 2018 but we will find out.

Also, there's no monetization strategy involved right now.

It could be coming in the future,

certainly Instagram monetizes their Stories.

I think I see one every third Story, I see an ad on there.

But, right now, there's no

monetization strategy that's built in.

Of course, if you have your own products,

or you wanna build it into your

brand deal agreements or something like that,

you could monetize it yourself that way,

but there's no AdSense built in.

Now, this is just a quick overview of Stories

and how to use the app and things.

I will have another video coming out soon

about tips, tricks, and strategies

for how to actually use this to further engage your audience

and really use this as a tool for growing your channel

and keeping your viewers coming back for more,

so, I think there's some interesting things

we can do with this on YouTube.

In the meantime, comment below with your tips and ideas

and how you're going to use this tool on your audience

and hopefully I'll be able to feature come of your comments

and ideas in that upcoming video.

So, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have,

while you're learning and experiencing with Stories

as more and more people are getting access to it.

Subscribe here, because we're all about helping you grow

your YouTube channel so you can reach people

and change their lives for

the message that you're spreading.

Thank you for letting me be a small part of that,

subscribe and I'll see you guys

on Monday for our livestream.

See you then, bye.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét